• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Death to Diabetes - a Christian engineer reversed his diabetes

K

koshka

I came across this website called Death to Diabetes and its by a Christian engineer called DeWayne McCulley who reversed his Type II diabetes after being so ill from it that he was hospitalised and went into a near death coma from high blood sugar levels.

On the site, there are books and ebooks to buy - but substantial information is already available for free on the webpages - I think over 60 pages of his book Death to Diabetes is there and I found some useful tips on dietary changes.

I haven't started following his advice yet because I've only just read it - although about a week ago I started eating more vegetables and low-carbing when I realised that carbs were really pushing up my sugar levels and that seems to have worked to some extent - reducing me from 9mmol/L to between 6 and 7. However, DeWayne's approach seems a lot more thorough than anything else I have read - it looks as if he's thoroughly investigated the science behind diabetes and what works and its quite exciting to read his pages and see that it might be possible to reduce levels of medication - perhaps in time coming off them completely and maintaining a normal b/g level through introducing lifestyle changes.

Well, I just thought I'd post incase his advice helps someone else - I've been researching what ways there are to get my blood sugars down. I'm just processing what I've been reading from his site and thinking about whether I can afford one of his books or whether to wait and save the money towards a juicer so I can make vegetable juices for breakfast.

rejoiceinme33

Strong Faith
Oct 27, 2012
Minnesota
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Add some olive oil.

It's great for sautéing vegetables and dressing salads. This heart-healthy oil will add a rich flavor to an otherwise light meal, and is healthier than butter.

Fiber is your friend.

Adults should consume about 20-35 grams of dietary fiber per day. If you're not already getting that amount, gradually introduce fiber-rich foods (like beans, oats, apples, and broccoli) to your diet, and drink plenty of water.

Go fishing.

Essential fatty acids help promote a healthier cardiovascular system. Focus on cold-water fish like salmon, tuna, and halibut as they're rich in omega-3 fats. And remember, in general seafood is a good choice for people with diabetes because it's lower in saturated fat.

Choose your carbs wisely.

Unprocessed, unrefined carbs like whole oats, whole-wheat pasta, and legumes are the carbs you want to focus on. Pair them with lean protein and vegetables for a balanced meal. And remember, everyone is different, and that means their diet should be, too. Work with your physician or dietician to determine how many carbohydrates should be part of your daily intake.

Make it a protein party.

Unsalted nuts, like almonds, make an excellent protein-filled snack and won't cause blood sugar ups and down. Other foods high in protein include lean meats, low-fat cheeses, and the aforementioned cold-water fish. As with all foods, focus on portion control—adults should have about 45-60 grams of protein each day.

When you want a snack:

String cheese
Sugar-free Jell-O
Fresh green vegetables
Popcorn
Avocado slices
Hard-boiled eggs

Upvote 0

1Sam24:12

..but mine hand shall not be upon thee. 1Sam24:12.
Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
My hubby was diagnosed with T2 almost 2 years ago with an A1C of 11.9
I found out about Mr. McCulley within days of his diagnoses and ridgedly followed the guidelines in the book. Within 1 month, the Dr. had to take my hubby off of his meds and within 3 months my hubby's A1C was at 5.6 and holding without medication. His next appointment is next month and we believe it will be even lower because his fasting BG has been in the mid 80's for the last month and a half.

Upvote 0