Conservatives, let's try a little thought experiment

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,849.00
Faith
Atheist
Obama talked to Putin too. But Trump isn’t allowed the same privileges as Obama as POTUS.

Hey look, another false equivalency.

Obama had Putin and Russian media in the Oval Office? I think I would have heard about that had it happened.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Landon, in case this is what you mean, I would expect any politician or big business person to talk with leaders of other countries . . . even with North Korea but with hopes of encouraging a rogue nation to do what could be good for them as well as for one's own business and politics.

I remember how you could get a bad name if you were talking to certain people in high school. But if you isolate people, this can backfire.

• Agree
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a thought experiment for you:

Imagine that a dossier claiming that Obama was in having secret meetings with Iran, and it was written by a foreign agent who hated Obama. Oh, and this was paid for by the RNC and McCain as political research. Now, imagine that Dubya's FBI had used this questionable document to get wiretaps on Obama and some of his staff, while withholding the above information from the FISA court. Obama still wins, but now the Republicans are actively investigating these accusations, and talk radio and FOX spend all day talking about how Obama was Iran's puppet this entire time.

Imagine how you'd react to if this was revealed to you.

What is gained by trying to compare a very real situation with a purely imaginary one? Who is the ‘foreign agent who hated Obama’ in the Trump situation? Steele isn’t some moron with a grudge, he was for many years one of the UK’s top spies and an acknowledged Russia expert across Europe. He was working undercover at the time of the final collapse of the USSR and is up to his eyeballs in intelligence contacts. Anything he put together is far more reliable than anything Trump, a proven, lifelong, continuous pathological liar - has to say about this. In what way isn’t that obvious? What is it that prevents people from checking all of the false statements that Trump continually makes? I find it beyond comprehension that anyone would be taken in by this guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
In this thought experiment, did multiple members of Obama's campaign and administration lie under oath about the frequency and nature of their contacts with Iran? Was Iran actively involved in trying to influence the US elections in favor of Obama?

There were accusations to this effect, years before Trump, re: Obama. You'll find there's very few good guys in DC, and no good factions.

What is gained by trying to compare a very real situation with a purely imaginary one? Who is the ‘foreign agent who hated Obama’ in the Trump situation? Mark Steele isn’t some moron with a grudge, he was for many years one of the UK’s top spies and an acknowledged Russia expert across Europe. He was working undercover at the time of the final collapse of the USSR and is up to his eyeballs in intelligence contacts. Anything he put together is far more reliable than anything Trump, a proven, lifelong, continuous pathological liar - has to say about this. In what way I sn’t that obvious? What is it that prevents people from checking all of the false statements that Trump continually makes? I find it beyond comprehension that anyone would be taken in by this guy.

Actually, the memo claims that he did have an axe to grind. Not sure as we don't have Macabe's testimony.

Also, you seem to confusing someone who is enjoying the fireworks with someone who believes Trump.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟607,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey look, another false equivalency.

Obama had Putin and Russian media in the Oval Office? I think I would have heard about that had it happened.

Leaders talk, that's the point. In your world, the U.S. would isolate itself from everyone it sees as wrong and just 'pretend' they don't exist. That's childish and foolish.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟491,684.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Let me guess what the responses will be without reading the thread - assertions that this is a conspiracy theory, attacking the MSM as liberal propaganda, going off on tangents, and hopefully something about Clinton's e-mails or Obama wearing a tan suit. What do I win?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The details don’t need to be precisely identical. So, are you now claiming Trump lifted sanctions on Russia?

"The Trump administration was gearing up to lift sanctions on Russia when the president took office, but career diplomats ginned up pressure in Congress to block the move, two senior former State Department officials told NBC News Thursday.

It's the latest evidence that President Trump moved to turn his favorable campaign rhetoric about Russia into concrete action when he took power.

Daniel Fried, who served as a senior diplomat until he retired in late February, said he became aware of the sanctions effort in the early weeks of Trump's presidency."

Former diplomats: Trump team sought to lift sanctions on Russia

Upvote 0