Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since America and much of the rest of the world is turning into a dystopia despite people's seeming best efforts to halt it, is there any way people can still live, laugh, survive, and even thrive?

I am very depressed about the future and I need some hope or reason to feel better, preferably besides the cliche ones about spirituality or Jesus which is only in one's head (no offense to anybody on here).

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟125,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Since America and much of the rest of the world is turning into a dystopia despite people's seeming best efforts to halt it, is there any way people can still live, laugh, survive, and even thrive?

I am very depressed about the future and I need some hope or reason to feel better, preferably besides the cliche ones about spirituality or Jesus which is only in one's head (no offense to anybody on here).
People need a purpose and hope to live and thrive.

It seems to me…. you are manifesting exactly what the world has to offer.
If I focused on the world ….I would be exactly where you are at.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟341,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There have been times in the past where nations and regions survived terrible catastrophes. The fall of the Roman Empire was a catastrophe to those who were used to living under the stability and protection of Rome, but Europe came through that. The Black Death was a catastrophe, but Europe survived that too. An assortment of nations around the globe have been conquered by more powerful nations, and then managed to get back on their feet after the conquerers went home.

Individuals have thrived even during terrible times. Shostakovich, Khachaturian, and Prokofiev composed wonderful music while living in the Soviet Union. Julian of Norwich wrote her spiritual writings during the time of the Black Death. Augustine of Hippo did some of his most important writing in response to the sacking of Rome.

I don't agree with you about a coming dystopia. (Well, aside from climate change. That's a problem.) But if the dystopia comes, I think we will continue to have our Julians and our Prokofievs.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No offence taken! But that is precisely the Christian's lifeline, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Find Him, be filled with His Holy Spirit for the comfort you desperately need.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Coming here and asking for something to hold on to other than Jesus reminded me of the following.

1672851851524.png

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟108,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single