Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, they're in my Bible. But no gospel of "Mary Magdelene".
"Your Bible" was constructed in the third century under dubious circumstances. The fact that there are things left out should be no surprise.

Christianity hummed along for three hundred years before it was compiled. And I bet there were some lady preechers out there in those days too.
:angel:

Upvote 0

Preecher

Jul 14, 2010
✟708.00
Faith
Christian
That's because you guys are his-story and her-story is waiting to be told.

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength"
Let's see, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (He). All the Apostles were men. All the writers of the NT were men. Do you think God is chauvinist?

Upvote 0

benny_MD

Jesus Freak
Sep 21, 2010
Pittsburgh
Visit site
✟7,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i don't understand why this is even a matter of debate.....where specifically in the bible does it mention that women shouldn't lead a church? if there is one thing that sets christianity apart from other religions, is that men and women are treated equally, with no discrimination as to, what positions they should or should not hold in the community...in this case, the church...

Upvote 0

Preecher

Jul 14, 2010
✟708.00
Faith
Christian
i don't understand why this is even a matter of debate.....where specifically in the bible does it mention that women shouldn't lead a church? if there is one thing that sets christianity apart from other religions, is that men and women are treated equally, with no discrimination as to, what positions they should or should not hold in the community...in this case, the church...
How could it be any clearer?

1 Timothy 2:12 (KJV)
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

And thus, there are ZERO writers of the NT and ZERO Apostles in the NT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

benny_MD

Jesus Freak
Sep 21, 2010
Pittsburgh
Visit site
✟7,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How could it be any clearer?

1 Timothy 2:12 (KJV)
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

And thus, there are ZERO writers of the NT and ZERO Apostles in the NT.

hmmm.....seems unfair...but, if the Bible says so.....
thanks for the reference!

Upvote 0

Preecher

Jul 14, 2010
✟708.00
Faith
Christian
hmmm.....seems unfair...but, if the Bible says so.....
thanks for the reference!
God does a lot of things that seem unfair. But He does them for good reasons whether we understand or not. I.E. the Genesis flood. I'm sure many would say that was unfair. But I believe that God was perfectly just in doing so.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
God does a lot of things that seem unfair. But He does them for good reasons whether we understand or not. I.E. the Genesis flood. I'm sure many would say that was unfair. But I believe that God was perfectly just in doing so.
The flood was just a flood. And women do and will continue to gloryfy God in their role as Pastor, Preacher, Minister and Teacher. Over men and women. Children and adult. They will lead people to Christ. They will support them when they suffer. Comfort them when they grieve. Teach them when they are hungry for God's word. They will rejoice with them when they praise.

And folks like you that tell them they are wrong? Well I guess you will have to reconcile that within your own selves. Our fine lady pastors aren't going anywhere.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Preecher

Jul 14, 2010
✟708.00
Faith
Christian
The flood was just a flood.
Hardly.

Genesis 7:17-24 (KJV)
17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
And women do and will continue to gloryfy God in their role as Pastor, Preacher, Minister and Teacher. Over men and women. Children and adult. They will lead people to Christ. They will support them when they suffer. Comfort them when they grieve. Teach them when they are hungry for God's word. They will rejoice with them when they praise.

And folks like you that tell them they are wrong? Well I guess you will have to reconcile that within your own selves. Our fine lady pastors aren't going anywhere.
:thumbsup:
I guess it's ok for those who don't care if it's Biblical or not.

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I went to a wedding this weekend that was officiated by a lady pastor.

It was simply beautiful.
Lucifer appears as an angel of light and is said to be beautiful. I'm just saying...

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Lucifer appears as an angel of light and is said to be beautiful. I'm just saying...
Wow. One of the most insensitive posts I've yet to read here.

And that's saying something.

I'll be sure to take this post as an example of close minded Christianity and keep my own head up and be on the lookout for the actual light of our Lord's love and guidance wherever it may be found.

And to all you lurkers out there (I know you're reading! lol) statements like this do NOT represent the faith in any way. Humility and grace do and they are not contained in this post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow. One of the most insensitive posts I've yet to read here.

And that's saying something.

I'll be sure to take this post as an example of close minded Christianity and keep my own head up and be on the lookout for the actual light of our Lord's love and guidance wherever it may be found.

And to all you lurkers out there (I know you're reading! lol) statements like this do NOT represent the faith in any way. Humility and grace do and they are not contained in this post.
You TOTALLY missed the point. You are basing your beliefs, it seems, on emotion instead of what the Bible actually says. Something can be totally beautiful to our eyes, but still not be of God.

BTW, if my post was insensative, at least I didn't directly or indirectly mock and call you names.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
This forums has really been an eye-opener for me....for the first time, i realize that even among christians, beliefs can vary over various topics....
Oh just stick around. This is pretty mild!
;)

You TOTALLY missed the point. You are basing your beliefs, it seems, on emotion instead of what the Bible actually says. Something can be totally beautiful to our eyes, but still not be of God.

BTW, if my post was insensative, at least I didn't directly or indirectly mock and call you names.
You TOTALLY made a vague and insulting post. If you had a point to make, then oh I don't know...maybe you should have elaborated and made it.

We're not mind readers.

Either way you slice it, insulting or not, your post is still off base. If you're trying to convince me otherwise I assure you you're wasting your keystrokes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.