nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really like Jim Hjelm. Most of the dresses are under $300 and I think I will decide to use the seperates so that my bridesmaids can mix and match what top and skirts they would like. It would probably cut down on any strife. If strapless is chosen they will have a light wrap that will go with it as it will be a fall month. I dont know- nothing is written in stone as yet, and my girls are all so different, but this is really one aspect of the wedding that I wanted to get out of the way first. I hope that they can find something they like among these styles.

Attachments

• bridem3.jpg
    bridem3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 110
  • bridem4.jpg
    bridem4.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 93
  • bridem5.jpg
    bridem5.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 53
  • bridem6.jpg
    bridem6.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 50
  • bridem7.jpg
    bridem7.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 58

nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My favorite is the pink top with the pink plaid. I think it is so cute and different.

What do you think? Are they reasonable? I have six attendants. How many are you guys having? Any ideas for your dresses?

Attachments

• bridem12.jpg
    bridem12.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 85
  • bridem11.jpg
    bridem11.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 46
  • bridem10.jpg
    bridem10.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 91
  • bridem9.jpg
    bridem9.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 88
  • bridem8.jpg
    bridem8.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They look gorgeous nuarc :)

One question - who would pay for the dresses? Just some girls (myself included) would probably baulk at paying $300USD for a dress (that's about $500 over here)... Have a look on Ebay or in seconds stores - you might find them (or something very similar) for $100 or so...

One problem you might find with so many attendants would be finding a time that they ALL can see the dresses, and finding a style (and colour) that would suit them all - but by all means, if those 6 are your CLOSEST friends, and are people you'd still be friends with in 25 years (my two 'criteria' for picking things like BMs etc), then by all means. Just make sure you're picking people YOU want, and not just cos they're family, they had you as a BM, your mum/sis/aunt thinks you should, etc.

For me, when I was engaged, I was going to have 4. Now, if I get married again, I'm not having a bridesmaid - my closest friend will be a witness, and will stay with me the night before. I really don't see the point personally, and could save the money on flowers/dress/other things and use it for our honeymoon or something! I'd still give her a present to say thanks for all her help though.

Just a couple of thoughts. 6 would cost you a lot of money in regards to flowers/food/night before accomodation and 6 people walking down the aisle before you is a LONG time - you'd need a couple of songs probably.

But, as I said before, if they're your closest friends, you'll still be friends with them 25 years down the track (and could still talk to them about ANYTHING), and it's YOUR choice (not being pressured on you), by all means - have fun with your 6 girlfriends and enjoy their company at your special day!

:D

Sasch

Upvote 0

nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haha, thanks Sascha. It's so funny, when I first started writing down names of the girls I would want in my wedding there were 18. My fiance and I both have huge families and many friends. I kept on whittling my list down little by little until I was left with the six I can't do without on my day. Two of my sisters, one of my honey's sisters, a cousin and my two best friends. I still have others a bit mad at me because I only chose six. All of my bridesmaids know each other well, so getting together wont be a big problem. Occasionally we get together anyways. I like the seperates because then they can pick and choose whatever style the feel best in, and whatever they feel they can wear again. All they have to have is the same color. Im seeing what discounts I can get on the dresses and shoes. Ive set aside some money to pay for half of their costs. I guess we'll see what happens.

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hugs: I know what it's like when you want EVERYONE involved - and you still can!

There are other IMPORTANT people involved in a wedding, maybe you could give the others jobs like these:

* Ushers (probably 2) - give out the Orders of Service, seat people who are having difficulties, direct to right spot (if you're having a grooms side/brides side - not that common nowadays, so a lot of people don't know the traditional sides)...

* MC for the reception - directs the proceedings, announces courses/dance time/cake time/photo opportunities - needs to be good at telling anecdotes of the bride and groom, and organisation skills - you don't want someone going 'now it's the dancing', 'now it's the main course', 'now it's time to cut the cake' - you want them to have a bit of creativity, life, and ingenuity.

* Your 'emergency' girl - carries a small bag with your 'necessities' - sewing kit, stockings, spare pair of knickers, tampons (God forbid!), bandaids, headache tablets, things like ventolin/salbutomol (if you have asthmatics in the party), safety pins, batteries - follows the bridal party around during photography, and sits close to the bridal table.

* Musicians
* bible verse readers
* someone to lead worship (if you are having a 'worship time' in the ceremony)
* someone to take care of the music (CDs and such)
* maybe have someone else be your witness, rather than a bridesmaid.
* someone to liase with the reception/ceremony spot during the day (occasionally you might have a change to something, and you don't want to be the one to be racing up and telling the coordinator of the reception centre/ceremony centre, and your mum probably won't either)

All these people are very important to the smooth running of your day, and are pretty necessary IMHO. Sometimes people have family members do it, but I personally don't think that's fair, when your family just wants to focus on you and having fun at your special day, just like you want to!

Just make sure when you have these 'extra' people, you include them a fair bit - they need to be pretty clued into what YOU want for the day, and so don't leave them to guess it! Have a few run throughs before the day with them (meet with the once a week or something to run through simple stuff like 'this song goes HERE' and 'at this point, I would like THIS to be happening', etc). A great 'wedding plan' (written on paper, with the specifics of what's going to happen at a particular time) is a great idea.

There are heaps of 'little jobs' you can give to other people you trust, to ensure you have a fabulous day!

Sasch

Upvote 0

LiberatedChick

Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
All of those people :eek:

We had one bridesmaid at our wedding, a couple ushers (which we didn't actually need), a couple witnesses and a DJ hired and the day went as smoothly as ever. The reception staff were great and fulfilled the MC job of keeping the proceedings going. Likewise with the wedding of one of my husbands cousins, she had three bridesmaids, one usher and a DJ. The reception staff did everything else and two of her bridesmaids were also her witnesses. If you're not having a DJ then yes you will need someone to sort out the music. I think you should check with the staff at the reception venue as to how much they'll keep the day running smoothly. You may find, like we did, that they normally fulfill a role similar to the MC but with no extra cost.

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True Starelda,

I was just replying to the poor girl, as she originally would have 18 people she wanted as bridesmaids! :eek: - just giving her options on what they could do, if she still wanted to include them in a large way at her wedding.

If ANY of those were the ONLY extra 'thing' you had - I would advise the 'emergency' girl - all of my married friends reckon that it was the greatest idea they'd ever had! :D

Sasch

(just like to state for the record, I was engaged BEFORE all these girls, and had the idea FIRST! ;))...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cright

Veteran
Apr 18, 2004
SE Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟17,849.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sb_noimage_87x87.gif
This is one of my fav's for bridesmaid!

This is another

I prefer the light blue (periwinkle).

I like these because they don't have longer sleeves since we're getting married in July. It would be best to have something cool to wear. I have 2 bridesmaids that prefer a high back so these should work well for them too :)

Carina

Upvote 0

nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for all of the suggestions of where I could put people Sascha. We have tons of people- I have 4 brothers and sisters, and my fiance has 3 sisters and 2 brothers- so just in our very immeadiate families there are 15!! Add to that our nieces and nephews cousins aunts, uncles- sheesh! I think we could fill a small church with no friends just family.
And in our culture it is as if...like this is not just my wedding day. It is the families' wedding day. It can be quite overwhelming, trying to please everyone- knowing that it is impossible to do so.

Upvote 0

ps34_18

Randomly Thinking
Sep 11, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
✟8,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nuarc, I know exactly what you mean about trying to please people...and for some reason, and I hate to say it, the problems are coming from his side of the family. The main issue is whether or not we'll be inviting all of his younger cousins...can we say, "sticky subject"?!!

Upvote 0

nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
STICKY SUBJECT!!! How about this one ps34- one of my brothers has 5 kids one of my sweeties aunts has 6 kids. I feel so tempted to tell him that only aunt and uncle can come, but how would that look when my brother has almost the same haul- If I told him that only him and his wife could come, not only would he pitch a fit and probably end up not coming, but my mother would also die that all the grand kids are not there :(. Ahhhh- Sticky subject in deed!
Birth control people! Birth control!!! Think of how easy it would make the life of your little sister when she's getting married :D

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd be the same, I'd have at least 40 if I included all my immediate family. Fortunately my mum is pretty understanding (probably has to do with the fact she'll be paying for most of the reception) and thinks it's completely understandable for me to just invite my aunts and uncles, with no cousins or cousin's kids.

I'm SO glad for that!

Sasch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

laura-ann

jonno's girl
Jul 17, 2004
Home
Visit site
✟15,627.00
Faith
Christian
Hey nuarc im in love with the second dress you posted up the top... is there a website or something with the dresses on? I love it! Im havving 3 bridesmaids and that was hard! My sweeties family is 13 just his immediate (all real siblings) plus i have tons of friends that i wanted :) hehe ah well. Yeah any info on that dress?

Upvote 0