Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

‘I think that Big Tech is doing a horrible thing for our country and to our country,’ the president said.

WASHINGTON, D.C., January 12, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — President Donald Trump has called out Big Tech for silencing both himself and many other conservative voices in the past few days, calling it a “terrible mistake” that is “very, very bad for our country.”

Speaking at Joint Base Andrews prior to flying out to Alamo, Texas, the president briefly talked to the gathered media, focusing on the huge and sudden explosion of Big Tech censorship which has seen Trump banned from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, as well as other platforms, in just a matter of days.

“I think that Big Tech is doing a horrible thing for our country and to our country,” Trump said. “I believe it’s going to be a catastrophic mistake for them. They’re dividing and divisive, and they’re showing something that I’ve been predicting for a long time. I’ve been predicting it for a long time and people didn’t act on it, but I think Big Tech has made a terrible mistake, and very, very bad for our country.”

“And that’s leading others to do the same thing, and it causes a lot of problems and a lot of danger. Big mistake — they shouldn’t be doing it. But there’s always a counter move when they do that. I’ve never seen such anger as I see right now, and that’s a terrible thing, terrible thing.”

Trump also touched on the protests at the Capitol last Wednesday: “And you have to always avoid violence, and we have tremendous support. We have fought, probably like nobody’s ever seen before. Always have to avoid violence.”

As reporters questioned him about what role they thought he may have played in the protest, Trump noted, “People thought that what I said was totally appropriate, and if you look at what other people have said, politicians on a high level, about the riots during the summer, the horrible riots in Portland, Seattle and various other places, that was a real problem what they said.”

Continued below.
BREAKING: Trump calls Big Tech censorship ‘a catastrophic mistake’

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People thought that what I said was totally appropriate
Of course, in his shrinking little bubble.

But regarding big tech, notice he cannot articulate just how and why it is "very,very bad".

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course, in his shrinking little bubble.

But regarding big tech, notice he cannot articulate just how and why it is "very,very bad".
Hate is so unattractive. I mean, really, step away from it. CF is obsessed with all this Trump hate. It’s gross.

Upvote 0