Baptized on Easter - Thanks to this webpage!

CarlRenewed

May 7, 2024
Empire State not City
✟1,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I want to share that, as a result of an itch from probably 10 years ago when I found this web page out of curiosity and after much discernment, I have formally joined the fold. Know that what you do here bears fruit that you might never see in this life! Special thanks to Mike and another poster who's name I don't recall, but they both had skulls or skeletons for avatars and both had their names as part of their usernames. Never believe for a minute that the work you do here isn't important and that people cannot grow better by your example! God Bless all of you. Pax Christi.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,763,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all. I want to share that, as a result of an itch from probably 10 years ago when I found this web page out of curiosity and after much discernment, I have formally joined the fold. Know that what you do here bears fruit that you might never see in this life! Special thanks to Mike and another poster whose name I don't recall, but they both had skulls or skeletons for avatars and both had their names as part of their usernames. Never believe for a minute that the work you do here isn't important and that people cannot grow better by your example! God Bless all of you. Pax Christi.
Welcome home! :)

Thank you so much for the compliment on OBOB. :)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all. I want to share that, as a result of an itch from probably 10 years ago when I found this web page out of curiosity and after much discernment, I have formally joined the fold. Know that what you do here bears fruit that you might never see in this life! Special thanks to Mike and another poster who's name I don't recall, but they both had skulls or skeletons for avatars and both had their names as part of their usernames. Never believe for a minute that the work you do here isn't important and that people cannot grow better by your example! God Bless all of you. Pax Christi.
Amen sir. I am glad that this website, and Jesus compelled you to get baptized this Easter.

Upvote 0

CarlRenewed

May 7, 2024
Empire State not City
✟1,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I resemble this remark
You sure do! Thank you for the nice private message. What I remember most about you is that it seemed like you were always under attack from people who didn't really want to explain why they disagreed with you as much as they wanted you to be wrong. You would lay out your positions clearly and patiently, and someone else would come along and say something cocky, and you would respond with more well-researched, patient, intelligent argument. I remember being impressed at how patient you were, and how clearly you were dedicated to the corporal works of mercy, meeting people where they are instead of demonstrating pride and browbeating. I don't recall what you were arguing, just that you were one of a very few who argued respectfully and in good faith. I kept your examples of faith and humility in my pocket for a long time, and eventually they led me Home to a place I resisted with everything I had in me.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟71,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You sure do! Thank you for the nice private message. What I remember most about you is that it seemed like you were always under attack from people who didn't really want to explain why they disagreed with you as much as they wanted you to be wrong. You would lay out your positions clearly and patiently, and someone else would come along and say something cocky, and you would respond with more well-researched, patient, intelligent argument. I remember being impressed at how patient you were, and how clearly you were dedicated to the corporal works of mercy, meeting people where they are instead of demonstrating pride and browbeating. I don't recall what you were arguing, just that you were one of a very few who argued respectfully and in good faith. I kept your examples of faith and humility in my pocket for a long time, and eventually they led me Home to a place I resisted with everything I had in me.

I'll let you in on an open secret:

I was never writing in response to the person I was quoting. A typical thread has 4 participants, 10 replies and 200 views.

I write to the people viewing. The lurkers. Those guys. They're my audience.

I teach. It's a craft. It takes practice.

On a bad day I can't teach a fish to swim.

But on a good day, I'm Socrates himself.

Yeah.

I have more good days then bad.

With practice.

And Thank You, God used you to bless me at a time when I really needed to feel His presence.

Reactions: CarlRenewed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums