Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
are Pentecostal Churches today teaching Baptism of the Holy Spirit, do we see gifts of the Holy Spirit evident in todays Church ?
Our AOG church in Ohio still teaches the filling of The Spirit with the gifts. We normally have a tongues message and interpretation around every other service. Back around the 2010 timeframe for about 3 years we would normally have 3 tongues messages with interpretations each service. The corporate gifts operating like that were considered inspirational by the old Saints, and I could see exactly why. Throughout the entire week new insight and revelations given to me by The Holy Spirit were off the charts. Just one service like that on a Sunday would last an entire week. I couldn't stop writing things down. To have the different gifts operating before me in the service and the revelation/teaching happening from The Holy Spirit also, it couldn't be any better for me. I was able to learn from The Holy Spirit by experience.

It has obviously tapered off since then, but I attribute that to a new pastor and a congregation that is way more in the flesh now than Spiritual. That always seems to be the case. I told the Pastor just the other day about pushing us towards bible reading, fasting, and such if he wanted to see GOD in action more.

Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟1,001,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry the article is behind a paywall, but the first paragraph is the only evidence I can offer.
Did a little looking myself. As one might imagine, there are impressive studies but, are often littered with HS / Pentecostal misconceptions. Fully, biased red-flags.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟1,001,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Our AOG church in Ohio still teaches the filling of The Spirit with the gifts. We normally have a tongues message and interpretation around every other service. Back around the 2010 timeframe for about 3 years we would normally have 3 tongues messages with interpretations each service. The corporate gifts operating like that were considered inspirational by the old Saints, and I could see exactly why. Throughout the entire week new insight and revelations given to me by The Holy Spirit were off the charts. Just one service like that on a Sunday would last an entire week. I couldn't stop writing things down. To have the different gifts operating before me in the service and the revelation/teaching happening from The Holy Spirit also, it couldn't be any better for me. I was able to learn from The Holy Spirit by experience.

It has obviously tapered off since then, but I attribute that to a new pastor and a congregation that is way more in the flesh now than Spiritual. That always seems to be the case. I told the Pastor just the other day about pushing us towards bible reading, fasting, and such if he wanted to see GOD in action more.
Interesting.
To have the different gifts operating before me in the service and the revelation/teaching happening from The Holy Spirit also, it couldn't be any better for me. I was able to learn from The Holy Spirit by experience.

So many of us have witnessed this first-hand or by way of common reports. Myself also beheld the older Christians commit to interpretation regularly till yes, under-breath mocking whispers dangerously within hearing distance of the interpreter.

Point is, wherein does this type of disbelief arise? God is known to "try the hearts", if we begin to berated this Holy and solemn ocurance by tempting Him with quench is bad indeed.

And if this is permitted, where also is tongues to appear with such doubt? Doubt like this must assume the roll of God himself to deem it unacceptable tongues.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟168,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting.

So many of us have witnessed this first-hand or by way of common reports. Myself also beheld the older Christians commit to interpretation regularly till yes, under-breath mocking whispers dangerously within hearing distance of the interpreter.

Point is, wherein does this type of disbelief arise? God is known to "try the hearts", if we begin to berated this Holy and solemn ocurance by tempting Him with quench is bad indeed.

And if this is permitted, where also is tongues to appear with such doubt? Doubt like this must assume the roll of God himself to deem it unacceptable tongues.
I'm not sure what you are getting at.

The only real obstacle to The Spirit's operation in churches is their inherent fleshly condition, not disbelief. If people are going to attend a Sunday service but then go out and frolic with the world the rest of the week, while refusing to read their bibles, fast, and pray,.... then that church is going to be full of bunch of carnal Christians, of whom The Holy Spirit will not operate through.

Holiness is spiritual purity, and that requires us to spend time with GOD and His word.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟1,001,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The only real obstacle to The Spirit's operation in churches is their inherent fleshly condition, not disbelief.
No connection? Remember, "whatever is not of faith is sin" including, "selfish ambition" (Gal 5:20).
I'm not sure what you are getting at.
A cooling, but not yet cold condition within the Church with still another work of the flesh which is our inability to overcome differences of opinion also known as, "dissensions". There is an obvious and inherent fear to heed the apostolic call to these works consecutively,

Be perfected,
be exhorted,
be of the same mind,
be at peace.​
(2 Corinthians 13:11)​

A godly oxymoron call if you will, for a Church of diverse enablements yet faithful to carry themselves through to the same conclusions. This may not be the only thing affecting that vigilance committed to us, But as far as our coddling of denominations go, she just has little to no contentment for that for the time being.

With that in place, I can understand why it is hard to resist our kicking against our success to "draw near to God".

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟1,001,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We have about twenty churches in agreement at this point. After the Secretary of State finalizes the incorporation paperwork, I will invite people who agree with our doctrinal focus to begin home groups or churches worldwide.
How I love all holy flash of inspirations to improve. May I ask, out of that 'twenty', was the percentage relatively low who refused these improvements?

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟168,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No connection? Remember, "whatever is not of faith is sin" including, "selfish ambition" (Gal 5:20).

A cooling, but not yet cold condition within the Church with still another work of the flesh which is our inability to overcome differences of opinion also known as, "dissensions". There is an obvious and inherent fear to heed the apostolic call to these works consecutively,

Be perfected,
be exhorted,
be of the same mind,
be at peace.​
(2 Corinthians 13:11)​

A godly oxymoron call if you will, for a Church of diverse enablements yet faithful to carry themselves through to the same conclusions. This may not be the only thing affecting that vigilance committed to us, But as far as our coddling of denominations go, she just has little to no contentment for that for the time being.

With that in place, I can understand why it is hard to resist our kicking against our success to "draw near to God".
We need to end our conversation. I'm not sure what sort of stuff you are attempting to communicate here, but it has no relation to anything I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟1,001,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We need to end our conversation. I'm not sure what sort of stuff you are attempting to communicate here,
Whoops, didn't see that comment. Goodness, where is that fruit of temperance man? 2024 marks 40years since that minister's infraction I am calling out which was unbelief masquerading as discernment, and I am still in contact with him to this day. Possibly, a little of that patience would fall your way. God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums