Married

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟209,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is amazing how many variables there are in so many disease states. None of my sweetie's doctor's can "pinpoint" what might have caused all her issues. I think I know it was her birth trauma, but proving that is a big uphill battle.

I just think it is so interesting how little the medical community actually knows about the cause of so many rare and even common disorders. I know they are feverantly doing research.

I always learn something about autism from your posts---and I like that!! All my research time is spent on brain neurologic functions (ie Chiari, Arachnoid Cyst, Sryinx)--I may be a brain surgeon when I grow up :p.

Mayzoo

Upvote 0

tryingtobe

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
✟7,685.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My child is suspected to be autistic and we were 23 at the time of conception. I thnk it's all random. My daughter was born premature and had a tramatic birth and while I was in the hospital I kept asking God "why did this happen to us?" because I was so careful with my pregnancy and loved every minute of being pregnant. Another mother passed a story on to me:

An angel sat with God as he matched up mothers and babies.
Mrs Smith, a baby boy 7lbs 2oz
Mrs Jones a baby girl 6 lbs 9 oz
etc...
Until He came to one mother. He paused and said "I'll give her a preemie". The angel asked "Why did you choose to give this woman a premature baby that will have dificulties surviving?" God answered the angel "Because she has the qualities necessary to take care of this baby. She will be patient in teaching it, she will be understanding of it's abillities, and she will work hard to supply it's emotional and developmental needs. And although she will will be deeply saddened by the premature birth of her child she will receive one of my greatest gifts. She will see the world through a new light and aprreaciate her child so much more."

Upvote 0