ask God if your worship music glorifies him.

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When reading Romans 8:5-6 my skin curled as how serious feeding the flesh can be. Not talking down here, I was delivered from a drug , witchcraft, heavy metal band. 50 years ago. The Lord saved me right in band practice with the full band. Most of them that night so shocked they got saved also that night. Jesus said to me years later that if I keep commitment to no rock he would give me the gift of music. I have been involved in gospel music all these years and in bands. Also worship leading. The gift he gave is miraculous in the music world. No flesh in my music only Jesus. It is awesome to have life and peace. Hope you read my Romans scriptures at begin of this post.

Jul 4, 2020
Los Angeles
✟8,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When reading Romans 8:5-6 my skin curled as how serious feeding the flesh can be. Not talking down here, I was delivered from a drug , witchcraft, heavy metal band. 50 years ago. The Lord saved me right in band practice with the full band. Most of them that night so shocked they got saved also that night. Jesus said to me years later that if I keep commitment to no rock he would give me the gift of music. I have been involved in gospel music all these years and in bands. Also worship leading. The gift he gave is miraculous in the music world. No flesh in my music only Jesus. It is awesome to have life and peace. Hope you read my Romans scriptures at begin of this post.
Hey I'm a believer who decided to leave secular music behind as well. Would you have any advice for improving my ear? I'd like to be able to hear a song and be able to identify the intervals and chords being played by ear.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟496,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That’s good.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟496,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey I'm a believer who decided to leave secular music behind as well. Would you have any advice for improving my ear? I'd like to be able to hear a song and be able to identify the intervals and chords being played by ear.
I think some secular music, for example, traditional classical music by the likes of Bach, who was primarily a composer of sacred music, is fine.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟461,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am glad to listened to the Holy Spirit for you and your situation. A great example of 1Cor 6:12 with regards to leaving a style of music that was not beneficial for you (speaking of the metal part specifically. Obviously a drug, witchcraft focused band would not be good for anyone.)

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0