Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am the Pastor of a local church (Assemblies of God). Been an Ordained Minister since 1994 and I travel Internationally teaching in Bible Schools.

I do not know everything - but if there is a question you always wanted to ask a pastor - here's your chance.

Nothing is off limits as long as we stay in the rules of the site.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,258,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I am the Pastor of a local church (Assemblies of God). Been an Ordained Minister since 1994 and I travel Internationally teaching in Bible Schools.

I do not know everything - but if there is a question you always wanted to ask a pastor - here's your chance.

Nothing is off limits as long as we stay in the rules of the site.
There is apparently already some sort of 'ask a pastor' place within CF. But I hope your offer in Spirit Filled/Charismatic is taken up too. Maybe I'll as you something some day.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is apparently already some sort of 'ask a pastor' place within CF. But I hope your offer in Spirit Filled/Charismatic is taken up too. Maybe I'll as you something some day.
There is ask a chaplain - which I am part of - I thought this might be in unique in the Spirit Filled area. Just a thread - not adding anything new.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Realize the seriousness of being accountable (Heb 13:17), how do you handle unbiblical teachings such as repentance isn't necessary after salvation? Thinking of a couple of pastors but I don't know if they're AOG.

We"re to know those who labor among us according to I Thess 5. How does your church aim to accomplish this idea?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Realize the seriousness of being accountable (Heb 13:17), how do you handle unbiblical teachings such as repentance isn't necessary after salvation? Thinking of a couple of pastors but I don't know if they're AOG.

We"re to know those who labor among us according to I Thess 5. How does your church aim to accomplish this idea?
We preach the truth. There will always be others who believe differently, even to the point of heresy. Our mission as a local church is to reach the lost, strengthen families and preach the Gospel. If I am asked about a teaching, I give my opinion and why I believe a certain way.

We let the truth stand for itself.

If they are AOG - that would be a serious doctrinal error that should be brought by the person to the Presbyter. If I don't hold a position of authority, I go to someone who does.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks.

Had considered contacting them but knew they wouldn't see anything. Wanted to ask how that can be the truth with the Lord's Prayer and Rev 2 & 3. Heb 6:1 doesn't mean ignore repentance.

Then saw a program where someone had tried to talk with one of them about it, There wasn't a moment of reconsideration - just contempt, rejection, and mockIng. No doubt it will continue. His self report revealed a lot.

Realized someone close had tried to talk with him and had approached with the correct attitude.

Caused me to wonder about the concern of other pastors for them. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟289,128.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a fan of the church model of repentance, a preacher lays a guilt trip on us until we try to carry Gibraltar on our own backs, but I have found that as I give in to God's love again, He holds my hand through something that I need to let go of and we walk together in my repentance that way.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a fan of the church model of repentance, a preacher lays a guilt trip on us until we try to carry Gibraltar on our own backs, but I have found that as I give in to God's love again, He holds my hand through something that I need to let go of and we walk together in my repentance that way.
I've read that it is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does it mean to be baptized in the Holy Spirit? How do you know if you are?

According to the AOG, is repentance required for salvation?

This is our Doctrinal Statement on Salvation and it will answer your question.

Both links provide an excellent explanation on scriptural support for our stance on both issues. Any reply I would personally make would restate the attached.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello Brother,

I used to be in the AOG. From my perspective, the AOG's position on the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is convoluted and needs a re-analysis that is more consistent hermeneutically.

Blessings
Hi Brother!

Thanks for your position - we disagree - and that is the beauty of the Body of Christ. We can disagree and still be Family.

God's best to you!

Blessing always!

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a couple of interesting ones I suppose just for the sake of asking:

1) I've heard from a few places that most churches are having a difficult time finding and/or maintaining Pastoral leadership. Since you are a Pastor, what do you think could be the reason for that? Stress, improper spirit/life balance?

2) Does the AoG have a pathway of "reconciliation" for ministers who at one time were ordained/credentialled, no longer are, but would be interested in returning?

3) (edited) Do you have difficulties getting your congregation/fellowship to engage in scripture reading/study when they are not in church? I've heard from a number of people that this is perhaps the biggest challenge facing churches and ministers.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a couple of interesting ones I suppose just for the sake of asking:
Thanks for getting involved.
1) I've heard from a few places that most churches are having a difficult time finding and/or maintaining Pastoral leadership. Since you are a Pastor, what do you think could be the reason for that? Stress, improper spirit/life balance?
WOW! Ain't that the truth.

Stress is a major factor IMHO You can't effectively minister if you do not have genuine care for the people, but that always leaves you open for heartbreak also - Paul said 2 Cor 12:15 And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved.

So yes, stress is a very mitigating factor.

Church/Life balance is another. I've told my board and my congregation that my family, especially my wife comes second only to my relationship with Christ. Fridays are my date night with my wife, so please don't ask me to attend a meeting or event on a Friday, because I am not able to.
2) Does the AoG have a pathway of "reconciliation" for ministers who at one time were ordained/credentialed, no longer are, but would be interested in returning?
Absolutely - in fact it is written into the Polity manual from National.
3) (edited) Do you have difficulties getting your congregation/fellowship to engage in scripture reading/study when they are not in church? I've heard from a number of people that this is perhaps the biggest challenge facing churches and ministers.
we greatly encourage it. We have Bible Studies and small groups - we have resources available. It is up to them to make use of it.

• Friendly
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Brother,

I used to be in the AOG. From my perspective, the AOG's position on the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is convoluted and needs a re-analysis that is more consistent hermeneutically.

Blessings
Hey my brother. Its not a "my perspective". Many years ago they lets say pulled away where you are baptized in the spirit speak in tongues and say called to go to other nations and God by His spirit gave you that language to reach those people. So they pulled away so now its Baptized in the spirit speak in tongues done.

Yes this comes from someone 62 was found (born from above) what when I was 8-9 in a Baptist Church.. been around AOG, Pentecostal, Charismatic, Word of Faith on and on so many others. Now what I talked about was when it 1st took place the split. I cannot speak to few some most or all as of now.

I hmm to me nice.. as always but not to step on anyone. Went to this site let say looking for a word and went page after page after page deep.. it was no where. It should have been everywhere. Its in plan site yet its always missing. I have asked this for years. Something that should always be talked about over and over and over.. its no where. Once in awhile it is yet oh praise God it goes south. Well be like Peter and John go back to their own yet bring those "Jewish leaders" with them. Yeah.. toss out the holy Spirit He can't move in that environment.. He never has. Faith and doubt never mix. There is no middle ground.

So sorry Hermeneutico.. well right now thinking.. ooh he must think I really bent his ear haha. Forgive me.

Upvote 0

Hermeneutico

Orthodox-Pentecostal
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
✟18,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟98,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The first Church I've found where I feel at home since the LORD brought me to repentance before him last August is AOG.
Love it there. The pastor's are amazing and they preach the whole Gospel. Being convicted during a service isn't a bad thing.
The word of God is suppose to cut deep.
Its a Blessing to have found a place to worship and fellowship where accountability is a thing.
GOD has blessed me with a wonderful Church family

Upvote 0