Melbourne, Australia
✟52,727.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This sounds wonderful, though undoubtedly many will be forced to go onto the dole which is not such a good thing. Hopefully this will mean that the US will be less inclined to station troops in Eastern Europe which should help to maintain a degree of peace in this region.

Upvote 0

Bknight006

Lost in the Multiverse
Jun 14, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
On one hand, I'm glad to hear this. We really need to cut our military spending, and this is a good first step.

On the other, it just really hope that those affected will be able to find work. God knows, that seems to be tough for vets these days.

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On one hand, I'm glad to hear this. We really need to cut our military spending, and this is a good first step.

On the other, it just really hope that those affected will be able to find work. God knows, that seems to be tough for vets these days.

Cut military spending? Why? They get treated like dirt and get paid like it.

Yes I bet most of them will have a hard time finding work as some people the military is all they know.

Just pray for them as its going to really hard in all areas. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Bknight006

Lost in the Multiverse
Jun 14, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Hubby says they need to cut contractors. Thats where 90% of the money goes.

I just Googled the military contractors, and I see what you mean. There's a lot of them. I can't even imagine how much money we're wasting on them.

You're right, tho. Imagine if we cut off just ten of them; maybe then we could actually give veterans a) decent European-style welfare, and b) help them get back to work a bit easier. But I guess the war- oh, whoops, I mean, "defense" hawks in Congess aren't gonna let that happen.

On another, more respectful note, props to your husband for his service. No matter what it might sound like, I have a lot of respect for the men and women in the military. :)

Reactions: Krissy Cakes
Upvote 0