Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah actually I gave the church 3% points benefit of a doubt. And if you claim you don't witness because you haven't heard God tell you to then you need to get in the Bible and read some. For example in Philippians 1 which you apparently haven't read, Paul makes no mention of callings of individual Christians. Instead he says that because he's been imprisoned more people are preaching now than before, some from pure motives and other for wrong motives, but he doesn't care about the motive, only that the message is shared. You are correct that we are not all called to be evangelist, but we are all called to witness to God's grace. You get upset with me because I "made up" numbers and "maligned" my brothers and sisters in Christ, but accuse me of Pharisaical nonsense, so even if I am wrong in my post (which I am not) what makes you right for maligning me. You don't know me, the Lord is my Judge not you. I couldn't expect an Anglican to understand the necessity of evangelism, especially considering the Hail Mary prayer you have posted as your signature line. Blasphemous stuff there. I'm not going to continue to discuss this with you, I expect you to reply to this but this is the last you'll see me reply to you directly. Thank you for visiting and reading this OP.

That is dangerously close to ad hom, but I think I will let it pass.

If you want to discuss the Hail Mary, kindly do so where I can comment freely on it; I would be more than happy to explain its Scriptural origins to you.

Meanwhile, a respectful reminder; the Church is the Bride of Christ. Therefore, it is probably best not to slag her off in case her husband gets to hear of it.

:wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟290,328.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus only did what He saw the Father do. Are we better than our master? Are our works of flesh better than God Incarnate's? It's because of love for the lost that I don't want a bunch unanointed loudmouthed Christians going out on our own abilities giving God a bad name. Your worst day in anointing is infinitely better than anyone's best day in their flesh. I am grateful for those who are called to broadcast the gospel to the masses. I am grateful that I have pastors who are called to grow up the church, and yes sometimes those calling overlap

Upvote 0

Kalasin

Dec 18, 2010
✟15,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are a lot of nasty posts in here and they're not just from one side. I mean this was an incredibly stupid and offensive thing to say for someone who claims to be a Spirit-filled believer on a Christian forum:

"I couldn't expect an Anglican to understand the necessity of evangelism, especially considering the Hail Mary prayer you have posted as your signature line. Blasphemous stuff there. I'm not going to continue to discuss this with you, I expect you to reply to this but this is the last you'll see me reply to you directly. Thank you for visiting and reading this OP."

I don't know any of you guys and quite frankly I'm impartial about your silly bickering, but might I remind you that the fruit of the Spirit is far more important than speaking in tongues or the spiritual gifts. Love is more important than anything else and you need to sort that out before you do evangelism. Yes, it was an exaggeration that 95% of Christians don't share their faith, but the OP has a valid point that evangelism in the West is something churches struggle with.

Upvote 0

Hermeneutico

Orthodox-Pentecostal
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
✟18,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course. :)
All believers are. 1 Cor. 12.12-13

Actually, no, only some believers are... If every believer was Spirit Filled then the Apostles in Acts 8 and Apostle Paul in Acts 19 wasted their time.

Respectfully

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I want to know is, and this is from a 20 plus year observation - those who claim the "experience" which I endorse by the way, IN WHAT WAY DID IT ENHANCE what they had already ? AND more IMPORTANTLY, what did they DO WITH IT ???????????

Nosy aren't ya! :p ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Actually, no, only some believers are... If every believer was Spirit Filled then the Apostles in Acts 8 and Apostle Paul in Acts 19 wasted their time.
That was and is through indistinct teaching along with other teaching..

So called "baptism in the Holy Ghost" actually means belief following distinct teaching. It wasn't meant to relate to a ceremony or mannerism.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
St Francis of Assissi said, 'Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words.' :)
People have looked for that quote from St. Francis. They haven’t found it yet. And he did a lot of preaching with words.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,261,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Man alive, this is an old thread. Like a time capsule, some names here that I miss interacting with for sure.
Oh my. Embarrassing replying to an 11 year old post. Forgive me.

Upvote 0