Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One of the most inspiring songs that has come out of John Michael Talbot's ministry is the song, "Healer of My Soul." There were days, many years ago, when I would exist solely on that tune. It was my strong hope and vision.

Are there any Catholics on this board who are a part of JMT's Little Portion Hermitage? If so, would you mind sharing what life is like there? I see pictures on their website, but I have not read much from participants.

How very odd, it seems to me, that Talbot would grow his beard so long when he, at one time, when music sold and could not be easily downloaded from torrent sites, kept himself reasonably clean cut. What is with the beard? Is it to mean something? Also, I don't know who his wife is among all those photos I view of the Hermitage. Is he still married? Do they have children?

Overall, however, I'd like to know what it is like living there. Is it difficult, peaceful, challenging, spiritual? Please, fill me in.
David

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Talbot's got a book that might be on Amazon. It's pretty good and he talks about the Little Portion. I know it had a bad fire a few years ago.

I consider his first 7 or 8 CDs to be required listening! I used to play a lot of his stuff on guitar, and I've seen him play twice. He played with a symphony "Light Eternal", and that was quite an experience!

His brother is good too. There is a video for "Healer of My Soul" on youtube that is very good. I think the girl singing with him is his wife.

When I was a baby Christian, I considered joining the Hermitage. God wouldn't let me, and I'm glad He didn't! The whole "renunciate" thing is very appealing to me though and I love the idea of "shucking the world", as far as the rat race goes!

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Talbot's got a book that might be on Amazon. It's pretty good and he talks about the Little Portion. I know it had a bad fire a few years ago.

I consider his first 7 or 8 CDs to be required listening! I used to play a lot of his stuff on guitar, and I've seen him play twice. He played with a symphony "Light Eternal", and that was quite an experience!

His brother is good too. There is a video for "Healer of My Soul" on youtube that is very good. I think the girl singing with him is his wife.

When I was a baby Christian, I considered joining the Hermitage. God wouldn't let me, and I'm glad He didn't! The whole "renunciate" thing is very appealing to me though and I love the idea of "shucking the world", as far as the rat race goes!

It sounds like we relate. You are of the same mind as I. Those reasons are also the reasons why I would like to belong there; however, I doubt I am able to not speak up when I see something that needs addressed. For instance, I'm no longer one who is willing to commit to another one man show, which his ministry is predominantly.

Where there exists the well rounded, well balanced place of ministry is a mystery to me. We all have a place, but our gifts do not seem to making room for themselves as Scripture tells us in most gatherings, since the notion of supremacy is still very much the leading attitude within all the church world, especially in places where the head is or was at one time the owner of the property.

Upvote 0