Not open for further replies.

eb693

Feb 10, 2007
✟15,163.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Anglican Chaplain at my University runs a small communion service every Sunday, and we have a regular congregation of about 20, which occasionally goes as high as 35. The atmosphere is one of relaxed, intelligent common-sense, and the congregation is normal when it comes to younger groups in that they are less aware of the differences in denominations than Christian's our age say, 10 years ago. We're very open-minded, willing to listen to others, but as in all small congregations, there is a small amount of clique-ness going on!

Now, to the experiment part. A church of a more evangelical bent is breaking up it's congregation to lots of other locations due to building renovation and enlargement - the Chaplain wants to offer about 6-10 spaces for this displaced flock, as a bit of an experiment for cross-denomination service.

How do you think it'll go?

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Anglican Chaplain at my University runs a small communion service every Sunday, and we have a regular congregation of about 20, which occasionally goes as high as 35. The atmosphere is one of relaxed, intelligent common-sense, and the congregation is normal when it comes to younger groups in that they are less aware of the differences in denominations than Christian's our age say, 10 years ago. We're very open-minded, willing to listen to others, but as in all small congregations, there is a small amount of clique-ness going on!

Now, to the experiment part. A church of a more evangelical bent is breaking up it's congregation to lots of other locations due to building renovation and enlargement - the Chaplain wants to offer about 6-10 spaces for this displaced flock, as a bit of an experiment for cross-denomination service.

How do you think it'll go?
Hey, welcome to STR, eb693!

I think it will be very interesting, and I also think it would be great if you were all open to whatever does happen, but in such a way that would hopefully build you all up in community and fellowship as the body of Christ, and not tear you up! :prayer:

Keep us informed!

Upvote 0

eb693

Feb 10, 2007
✟15,163.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you!

It sounds like it'll be interesting, not only to see what kind of different theological views they have, but just as an example of inter-denomination integration. We'll continue using our Anglican service, but it gives us a chance to see what other congregations are using!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.