Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’ve ate one or more a day for several years now.

Everyone has different gut microbiomes, but eating avocado as part of a daily diet is a sure way to improve gut health—a new study from researchers at the University of Illinois shows.

Avocados are a healthy food that is high in dietary fiber and monounsaturated fat. However, it was not clear how avocados impact the microbes in the gastrointestinal system or “gut.”

The researchers found that people who ate avocado every day as part of a meal had a greater abundance of gut microbes that break down fiber and produce metabolites that support gut health. They also had greater microbial diversity compared to people who did not receive the avocado meals in the study.

Continued below.
An Avocado a Day May Keep Your Gut Microbes Happy, Study Shows

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟1,005,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I’ve ate one or more a day for several years now.

Everyone has different gut microbiomes, but eating avocado as part of a daily diet is a sure way to improve gut health—a new study from researchers at the University of Illinois shows.

Avocados are a healthy food that is high in dietary fiber and monounsaturated fat. However, it was not clear how avocados impact the microbes in the gastrointestinal system or “gut.”

The researchers found that people who ate avocado every day as part of a meal had a greater abundance of gut microbes that break down fiber and produce metabolites that support gut health. They also had greater microbial diversity compared to people who did not receive the avocado meals in the study.

Continued below.
An Avocado a Day May Keep Your Gut Microbes Happy, Study Shows

I eat one or two avocados a week but one a day would get a bit monotonous.

OB

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,778,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I eat one or two avocados a week but one a day would get a bit monotonous.

OB
I mix them in smoothies, use them as condiments, etc. plus the regular things you do with an avocado. I love them.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟1,005,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I mix them in smoothies, use them as condiments, etc. plus the regular things you do with an avocado. I love them.

Avocado smoothie? Yukkk!!

I don't like smoothies. The closest I come to a smoothie is a double chocolate milkshake with extra chocolate. I know it's healthy because chocolate comes from a plant. :)

OB

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,778,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol! I put all sorts of things in my smoothies! It just tasted like a creamy fruit shake. :)
Avocado smoothie? Yukkk!!

I don't like smoothies. The closest I come to a smoothie is a double chocolate milkshake with extra chocolate. I know it's healthy because chocolate comes from a plant. :)

OB

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟579,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
My wife wanted to grow the variety of avocado she grew up eating in Puerto Rico. They are big and shaped rather like a papaya with a deep green skin. She ordered a sapling from the island and we planted it in a pot. It did well when we lived in Texas but died after we moved to Virginia.

I see the avocados in Walmart but I hate going to Walmart.

Upvote 0