Am I going to hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoboJoe

Apr 7, 2006
✟15,129.00
Faith
Deist
I need to know if I am going to hell or not. On the going to hell side I have had premarital relations, I swear sometimes and I once hit an old woman with a shoe. On the not going to hell part I give money to charity, I try and be nice to people and I'm running a marathon to raise money for childhood cancer victims. I'm really confused and would like to know whether or not I am going to hell which I hope is not true. Thank you much.

:confused:

Reactions: Gwenyfur

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need to know if I am going to hell or not. On the going to hell side I have had premarital relations, I swear sometimes and I once hit an old woman with a shoe. On the not going to hell part I give money to charity, I try and be nice to people and I'm running a marathon to raise money for childhood cancer victims. I'm really confused and would like to know whether or not I am going to hell which I hope is not true. Thank you much.

Premarital relations is a sin. Its fornication. Hitting an old woman with a shoe is..not good.
Im glad to see that you give money to charity and running a marathon to raise money thats awesome. But the thing is we are all sinners..

We need Christ, He is our atonement for our Sins. So yes im afraid you can be sent to Hell if you dont accept Christ. We need to turn away from our sins.

Doing good deeds in all is great dont stop doing it but just like isaiah 64:6 says: our good deeds are like filthy rags. We cannot just cover up our sins. But the blood of Jesus Christ will wash them away.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me:hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Going to Hell or Heaven is not a balancing act of what we do.

If it were, the balance is all against us. God has already said we've all done plenty deserving Hell. If we can believe God -- then we're in trouble based on what we do.

We need a way out of what we've done.

Fortunately God is giving as well as just -- and offers a Way out of what we've done. We normally call it "faith", or relying on Jesus Christ for our salvation.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,952.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is only through Christ that we can go to Heaven.

In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." - John 3:3

"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." - John 3:13-18

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's look at the state of our souls without a Savior....
Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

that includes, me, you, my neighbor, my parents, my children, everyone...there is no judgement here except G-d's.

In our lives we do wrong, our very natures prevent us from being righteous, and intentional or not...we do sin...all of us...me, you, everyone
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That "death" is the spiritual death...going to hell...but G-d made a way for us to live with Him eternally :) There is hope :)

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

G-d loves us so much... He crafted us with His own hands, the Psalms tell us that He knit us in our mother's wombs, Jeremiah states He knew us before we were born...
so he created a plan so that despite our wrong doings, we could again be reunited with Him ...

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Though His Son's death, and resurrection we have life, with Him. All we must do is believe on His name,
Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

...admit we're sinners, and cannot be righteous on our own, and call on His name

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

and through that faith, we are in communion with G-d, our sins washed away by the blood of of His Son

Romans 5:2
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

and we become people of a new nature...

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

all that and more are the promises of G-d...It's not a license to continue in unrighteousness...nor is it a "get out of hell free" card...it's a serious commitment of faith, study, and understanding...and in some ways it truly is a leap of blind faith to accept...but if you truly wish to accept Him as your Savior and Messiah, and live a righteous life, learn the truths of the nature of G-d, Jesus and the Holy Spirit...
then pray this simple prayer:

Father G-d, I know I'm just a sinner, I know now that You are G-d alone, and that Your Son Jesus came to die for my sins. I ask Your forgiveness, and claim the promise of Salvation through Your Son. In Jesus' name, Amen.

If you are truly sincere, G-d will hear your prayer...and forgive your sins and give you eternal life.

If I can be of help to you, just PM :)

Shalom :wave:

Reactions: DeaconDean
Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens

It's the wrong question. A better question would be :do you want to be part of the Kingdom of God or not? If so you need to get onboard with his plan to restore creation and create that Kingdom under the leadership of Jesus of Nazareth. If you don't accept his Lordship then it's impossible to be a citizen of his kingdom.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Hobo Joe. Jesus died, that we might live, and He died for all. We are all sinners, and we sin each day, if not in deed, then in thought. Jesus showed us God, as He really is, a loving Heavenly Father, who wants us back again, to live with for eternity. Jesus gave us 2 Comandments, which contain all 10 Commandments, which God gave us. 1) Love God with all our hearts, all our souls, and all our minds. 2) Love each other, as we love ourselves. That is not easy, Joe, but God gave us many years to learn to become better, and better. Jesus also told us how to pray: " Give us today our daily bread, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those, who sin against us." Jesus tells us DAILY bread, that means praying daily, also forgive others, as we want God to forgive us. That means God forgives us, every time we ask for forgiveness. And God does know our hearts, He knows every thought and wish we have, and if we ask sincerely, God will forgive us. Jesus is God-Son, our Saviour, and He is waiting ftuo help and guide us all the way, only Ask and Jesus is ready to lead us all the way back to God, Jesus is the Way. Hell is for Satan and his followers, all those who detest God and His Love, and want nothing to do with love at all. Jesus also told us of a place in Outer Darkness, without God`s Love or Light, but that is for those men and women, who want to go their own way, who do not want to follow Jesus back to God. I say this humbly and with love Joe, and send greetings. Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello HoboJoe. In order to get an answer to your question, you must ask yourself: do you believe in Jesus Christ and trust him for your salvation? If the answer is no, then you will certainly perish in hell. In order to be saved you must only repent of your sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, trusting him completely. As it says,
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
And from the lips of Christ himself,
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. (Mark 16:16)
Do not keep doubting, but repent and believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then you'll have a definite answer to your question, and you will know that your eternal fate is to inherit the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Some people are only looking for "fire insurance". Is that the case with you, or are you sorry for your sins?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zunalter

Aug 5, 2004
ID
✟7,969.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others

First off, I want to commend you for looking into such an important question. A lot of people are too afraid of what they might discover and so never bother to think about this very issue.

I would like to comment on your post. I see that you have categorized your actions into "Going to Hell" and "Not Going to Hell". I assume that you did this in hopes that if your good outweighed your bad that you could go to heaven. That is something that everyone did at one time in their life, but here is why that doesn't apply with God:

Let's take your logic into a court of civil law. Let's say that you are standing in front of a judge and are guilty of stealing a car. What would the judge say to you if you said, "Judge, I know I am guilty of stealing that car, but let me tell you, I give money to charity!"

As you can probably guess, the judge would say, "That's nice, but you are still going to jail." It is the exact same thing with God. Our good deeds to not cancel out our bad deeds with God anymore than our good deeds cancel out our crimes in civil law. We all owe God a debt that we can never repay on our own!

Just look at your life in light of the Ten Commandments:

Have you ever lied? (You would be a liar)
Have you ever stolen? (You would be a thief)
Have you ever taken God's name in vain? (You would be a blasphemer)
Have you ever looked with lust? (Jesus calls this adultery ofthe heart)

This is how God sees you, and all of us. So, logically, if we were to receive justice for all of our wrongdoing, if God were to give us what we deserve, we would all end up in Hell, you included.

But God is also rich in mercy, and He doesn't desire that you go to Hell. That is why Jesus died on the cross, to pay your debt. You broke God's laws, the 10 Commandments, and Jesus took your punishment in your place. And then He rose on the third day, defeating death!

What you have to do to be saved is 2 things:

1. Repent of your sins (apologize to God and turn away from them.)
2. Trust in Jesus ALONE for Salvation. Your post seemed to indicate that you were hoping that your good deeds would work for you when you faced God, but they will not. You must trust your life ALONE to Christ and His work on your behalf.

You are afraid of Hell, that is healthy. Let it cause you to think on these things.

Friend, today please just take some time and think about your sins, all the lying, blaspheming, adultery of the heart, anything you can think of; and then when you start to see in truth the magnitude of your sin, then think about your Savior, Jesus Christ, and His taking of your punishment on the cross. It is the kindest thing that has ever been done for anyone, please take advantage of this kind gift. I will be praying for you!

-Z

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Some people are only looking for "fire insurance". Is that the case with you, or are you sorry for your sins?

An excellent point. Or to put it another way: would you want to be in heaven if Jesus Christ weren't there? Many people want to go to heaven because it's better than hell. Many others want to go to heaven to be reunited with friends and loved ones. Although the latter might seem like a noble desire, these are ultimately not the proper reasons to desire salvation. The Bible teaches that the greatness of salvation lies in being in eternal communion with God through Jesus Christ, worshiping him ceaselessly and enjoying the splendor of his majesty. If worshiping God does not bring you ultimate joy, then heaven won't be the paradise that it ought to be. And you have no guarantee that your friends and relatives will be saved, because their salvation depends on their response to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and there is nothing that you can do to save or condemn them. Salvation isn't about us. It's about God and the glory of his great name.

Does this make heaven any less joyful? Certainly not! But it does mean that we must derive our joy from the right things. That's what salvation in Christ does: it takes away the joy we derive from the fleeting pleasures of sin, and causes us to gain our ultimate fulfillment by glorifying God.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Being nice does not determine whether you go to hell or not. You have to believe, I'm not talking about just saying "I believe".

You've made two excellent points which I think are worthy of a bit of explanation.

First, being "nice" never saved anyone. Practically everyone is nice. Go to your average dating website, and I'm sure that you'll see hundreds of people who describe themselves as "kind, compassionate, caring, etc." Nice people are a dime a dozen, and there's no virtue in this sort of superficial friendliness. But genuine love, the sort of sacrificial love that causes one man to lay down his life for another, is not something that comes naturally to people. It can only be attained through the inside-out transformation that happens when a person confesses his guilt before God and turns to Christ Jesus for the forgiveness of his sin. And even Christians fail to love perfectly (often we do a terrible job), because we are sinful creatures who are being daily sanctified by the Lord Jesus. The only way to be righteous before the throne of God is to appear with the righteousness of Christ. No other religion, and no other god, can accomplish the miracle of justifying sinners before the Lord God.

Secondly, belief is not merely a matter of the intellect. In fact, it has little to do with intellect, if anything at all. Most people in liberal churches intellectually assent to the idea that Jesus Christ existed and died on a cross, and some even believe that God raised him from the dead. But unless you put this theology in your heart (where it belongs), you will never be tranformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ, and will not be saved. One must love the Lord with heart, soul, and mind, and this must overflow into love for people. If you love God, you'll obey his commandments. And his commandment is love: love for his Son, and love for his church. Never be deceived into believing that you can think your way into heaven.

Upvote 0

everchanging

Aug 29, 2008
Crosby, Texas
✟15,176.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gods forgiveness is in Jesus only!

"In him we have redemtion through his blood, forgiveness for our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace." Ephesians 1:7

If you feel guilt or unsure of your future you should repent and recieve Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation." Romans 10:9-10

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟175,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I'm not God. It's not my call. I don't even claim to be saved. I've not endured to the end, as of yet, and my race isn't finished.

[FONT=&quot]Before anything else one must believe in God, "that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6). -St Seraphim of Sarov - Spiritual Instructions

[/FONT]

As far as the concept of God condemning people to hell for not believing in Him, I’d ask you to re-evaluate what hell actually is. I'm swiping this from here http://www.christianforums.com/t2642...ox-church.html as it says it better than I could:

The Orthodox teaching is that Heaven and Hell are the same "place" , standing in front of God. The Judgment is individual perception, determined by one's relationship to God. This perception will determine whether or not one experiences it as paradise (Heaven) or agony (Hell) eternally .

God Himself is Love. His very presence is as a burning fire.
How one endures this fire has everything to do with how they were tempered in this life, just like the three righteous youths in the fiery furnace joyfully walked around unharmed in the fire, so did others who didn't love God perish just being near the fire. The fire didn't change.

How one endures this fire has everything to do with how they were tempered in this life, just like the three righteous youths in the fiery furnace joyfully walked around unharmed in the fire, so did others who didn't love God perish just being near the fire. The fire didn't change.
[FONT=&quot]Here is a quote from an old Wikipedia article on the topic (that doesn’t seem to be around anymore) that I thought explained it pretty well: "For many ancient Christians, Hell was the same "place" as Heaven: living in the presence of God and directly experiencing God's love. Whether this was experienced as pleasure or torment depended on one's disposition towards God. St. Isaac of Syria wrote in Mystic Treatises: "... those who find themselves in Hell will be chastised by the scourge of love. How cruel and bitter this torment of love will be! For those who understand that they have sinned against love, undergo greater suffering than those produced by the most fearful tortures. The sorrow which takes hold of the heart, which has sinned against love, is more piercing than any other pain. It is not right to say that the sinners in Hell are deprived of the love of God ... But love acts in two ways, as suffering of the reproved, and as joy in the blessed!" This ancient view is still the doctrine of the Eastern Orthodox Church."
[/FONT]

Our goal is to attain theosis and there is no other meaning in life outside of communion with God. God has revealed Himself through the incarnation. Through Christ we can all know God.

If you wish to save your soul and win eternal life, arise from your lethargy, make the sign of the Cross and say: In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Amen. Faith comes not through pondering but through action. Not words and speculation but experience teaches us what God is. To let in fresh air we have to open a window; to get tanned we must go out into the sunshine. Achieving faith is no different; we never reach a goal by just sitting in comfort and waiting, say the Holy Fathers. Let the Prodigal Son be our example. He "arose and came" (Luke 15:20). -Tito Colliander The Way of the Ascetics.

[FONT=&quot]The problem of our life is union with God, and sin completely prevents this; therefore flee from sin as from a terrible enemy, as from the destroyer of the soul, because to be without God is death and not life. Let us therefore understand our destination; let us always remember that our common Master calls us to union with Himself. -St. John of Kronstadt (My Life in Christ, Part 1; Holy Trinity Monastery pg. 20)

[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

We are not saved nor lost based upon being "good" - no one is. We are all equally in the same boat ofim being sinners. We are not judged for heaven on the basis of "goodness" according to the measure of the world.

We are judged by God on the basis of whether or not we received Christ's grace or rejected it. We do not go to hell to pay for sin. We go for rejecting the payment - meaning we go because we like satan and the fallen angels have rejected Gods headship over us and instead basically made our own selves our God. The word god means judge.

Its mans judgment that we can be good" and the worlds societies put their own measure of goodness but we are imperfect. God however is just.

Bottom line - we can either be what we were created for and that is fellowship with our Creator which because of the fallen state of our souls due to sin - requires cleansing and restoration through Christ - who applies grace to us upon repentance (which means turning from) from sin giving headship back from ourselves (being our own judge) to Him in recognition of Him being God (the true Judge).

Now are you going to hell you ask? No one here knows the answer to that - it will depend on the state of your heart before God when you physically die. If you are saved and have received the grace of Christ offered to you then no you will not.

If however you continue through your life to reject the sacrifice made for you and instead retain the headship and judgment on your own life , then the answer would be yes.

Jesus in the book of John chapter 6 was asked by the disciples "what are the works of God that we might do them" and Christ responded that "These are the works of God: that you believe on Him who was sent".

He is also clear that no man comes to the Father except through Him and that we must be born again of the Spirit this time. Romans 9:9-10 explains how to be saved.

The choice is yours.

Upvote 0

Maranatha27

Nov 1, 2007
Massachusetts
✟16,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hobojoe,

I'm a christian that has a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Now you know my answer is not in your favor if you die without Christ.

John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
[23] He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
[24] If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

If you were to die today without Christ, your body would go into the ground and your spirit would go into hades. Hades is not hell but you could think of it as the local prision. After the Millenium, The 1000 year reign of Christ from Jerusalem, You will then be resurrected and stand before Christ at the Great White Throne Judgement. You will be judged according to your works, to see if you are fit for eternity. Your standard will be the Lord himself. Live up to that standard and your in.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now whats the difference between me and you? Why am I going to enter glory and you shame? Well I have accepted Christ and have been born again. The judgement for my sin was paid in full at Calvary. Just as blood of the Passover protected the children of Israel durring the judgement upon Egypt, so Christs blood for us. Your either under the Wrath of God or the Grace of God. Is there no hope for you? Ofcourse there is, but if you die in your sins shame on you.

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
[24] I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins

Just one giant fairy tale right? I would beg you to reconsider. The nation of Israel is the greatest prophetic fullfilment of our time. The Word over and over states that in the end times the nation of Israel will be reestablised.

Isa 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
[12] And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

This is one of the myraids of passages dealing with this subject. If Israel was destroyed tomorrow you could rest assured that the Bible is not accurate, because the Word clearly states that they will not be plucked up again.

Amos 9:14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
[15] And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

But sadly they are successful war after war, They only have to lose 1 and the country would be finished. The God I serve is a God of prophesy:

Isa. 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
[10] Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

So what will be the major Issue that sends the Middle East into a tailspin? Jerusalem. If you would look in the paper tommorow and read about the current Middle east peace process, Jerusalem would be the main issue that both sides are unable to resolve. Its also unreasonable that Abbas wants the right of return for 5 million refugees into the tiny country

Zach 12:2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
[3] And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Now there is no doubt that Christ loves you. He wants you to come unto him that you might have life. He did His part:

Isa. 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.
[14] As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
[15] So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

You must do your part

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Matt 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Are you feeling guilty about what you have done?

If so, you are in hell already. Premarital relations is NOT a sin. Marriage is not a sacrament. Marriage is a civil contract with the state.

Hitting someone is much closer to what sin is than having sex. That act is what you should atone for.

Giving of yourself is what Jesus asked of us: Doing the right thing when the right thing is not always what is best for "me".

Giving to charity is fine, if you know what the charity is actually doing. You would better serve God by giving of your talebnts and time than your money. Feed the hungry (don't pay someone else to do it), give your clothing to the poor (not to an organization), visit those in prisons and visit your neighbors who are lonely and sick.

The ultimate answer to your question is: No, you are not going to hell (at least after death). There is nothing left of you as an entity (soul, person, self, spirit) after you die. All that remains is the memory of you carried, either like sweet or honey or bitter wormwood by those whose lives you have touched.

Upvote 0

Maranatha27

Nov 1, 2007
Massachusetts
✟16,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Tim 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
[2] Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
[3] For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
[4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
[24] Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
[25] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
[26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
[27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
[28] And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.