Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
do you mean there is multiple gods?
Elohiym is ALLAH is Arabic this is the whole truth
You have said that a multiple of Hebrew words mean Allah. If Allah means (The god,) then it can mean any god, since Muslims say it is not a name. The personal name of our God is Yahwah. “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
The Only True God is Yahwah who grants life immortal. The word "god" when applied to a living beings means that they have life immortal. Do you understand now?
god is god the lord..no body is immortal but god we are all mortal yet god is the only immortal being...I answered you about the name of God ALLAH he is not any god he is the god

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
god is god the lord..no body is immortal but god we are all mortal yet god is the only immortal being...I answered you about the name of God ALLAH he is not any god he is the god
A short list of scriptures:

Proverbs 12:28
In the way of righteousness there is life; along that path is immortality.

Romans 2:7
To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15:54
When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

Matthew 19:29
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

John 3:15
that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
A short list of scriptures:

Proverbs 12:28
In the way of righteousness there is life; along that path is immortality.

Romans 2:7
To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15:54
When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

Matthew 19:29
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

John 3:15
that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
but that doesn't mean they are gods...god is god and humans are humans

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
but that doesn't mean they are gods...god is god and humans are humans
The word "god" simply means an immortal being who has life immortal. "God" is a word and not a name. The people in heaven are called gods because they have life immortal. The Elect of God are called gods because they will be given life immortal by Yahwah.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Allah is simply Arabic for "God".

Therefore, Allah would be just as much the god of Abraham as
Dios (Spanish), Dieu (French), and Isten (Hungarian) would be.
Yes, but the personal name of our God is given, whom is Yahwah. What is the personal name of your god?

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,253,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but the personal name of our God is given, whom is Yahwah. What is the personal name of your god?
Terminology such as "your god"/"my god" sounds an awful lot like polytheism. How many gods do you believe there to be?

-

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Terminology such as "your god"/"my god" sounds an awful lot like polytheism. How many gods do you believe there to be?

-
There is only One True God.

1 Corinthians 8:5
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live;

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,253,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is only One True God.
1 Corinthians 8:5
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live;
I'm inclined to believe there's only one God as well. So where would that leave such phraseology as "my god / your god", as found in post 207? If there indeed is only one God, such terminology seems rather pointless, no?

-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm inclined to believe there's only one God as well. So where would that leave such phraseology as "my god / your god", as found in post 207? If there indeed is only one God, such terminology seems rather pointless, no?

-
There are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,253,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth.
Right, but I think we were discussing God, as opposed to so-called ones.

Others may consider other so-called gods as actual gods rather than merely so-called, but speaking as a monotheist, I'm not in the habit of acknowledging such gods. Of course, my monotheistic tendencies may be misguided, but even so, I can only handle one God at a time, so if it turns out there indeed are other gods, they're just going to have to take a number. :)

So, to answer your question (I hadn't forgotten! :)), God has many personal names depending on the religion, one of which is Yahweh. I generally just refer to Him as my Lord, or simply God when referencing Him in conversation.

-

Last edited:
Reactions: Arthra
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Others may consider other so-called gods as actual gods rather than merely so-called, but speaking as a monotheist, I'm not in the habit of acknowledging such gods. Of course, my monotheistic tendencies may be misguided, but even so, I can only handle one God at a time, so if it turns out there indeed are other gods, they're just going to have to take a number. :)

So, to answer your question (I hadn't forgotten! :)), God has many personal names depending on the religion, one of which is Yahweh. I generally just refer to Him as my Lord, or simply God when referencing Him in conversation.

-
God has many titles and one personal name. Other people are called gods because Yahwah has given them life immortal.

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
The word "god" simply means an immortal being who has life immortal. "God" is a word and not a name. The people in heaven are called gods because they have life immortal. The Elect of God are called gods because they will be given life immortal by Yahwah.
god means the most powerful being the absolute the perfect being the creator of this universe...are those people created this universe?? are they absolute??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

-
he is one god for jews Christians and muslims..ALLAH the father the lord god are different names ..ALLAH is a very kind god he is so merciful so compassionate..if knock the door you fill find beautiful things

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,253,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
God has many titles and one personal name. Other people are called gods because Yahwah has given them life immortal.
Actually, He also has many names, as has been demonstrated throughout theistic history. Even within just Christianity. Of course, this doesn't mean that individual religions don't try to push the name they use as the One True Name™, but that's neither here nor there unless one is being influenced by that religion.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually, He also has many names, as has been demonstrated throughout theistic history. Even within just Christianity. Of course, this doesn't mean that individual religions don't try to push the name they use as the One True Name™, but that's neither here nor there unless one is being influenced by that religion.
God has only one personal name, that is what He says. Yahwah means, "Life Began." Allah does not mean, "Life Began."

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,253,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
God has only one personal name, that is what He says. Yahwah means, "Life Began." Allah does not mean, "Life Began."
And now we're back to square one, so I will simply repeat what I said before:

Allah is simply Arabic for "God". It's not a proper name, it's a noun.

Therefore, Allah would be just as much the god of Abraham as
Dios (Spanish), Dieu (French), and Isten (Hungarian) would be.

-

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.