Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, one more test. I don't care about your posts or questions. That's not important here.

If I was passing by, and saw the east side of your house on fire, and you were on the opposite side of the house outside and didn't know it was on fire,
would you care enough to want to know ?
If the things you know, like most people, are full of holes and errors, would you want to know ?
If you were buying a car, would you want to know if 1/3 of the spark plugs were either not firing or mis-firing, would you test it, would you want to check out the motor , et al, before buying the car ?
I’d want to know the truth. Which you are not peddling here.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟925,364.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Alcohol, I'm not a drinker, .maybe ,1 a year. Lately though there are a few i would have liked to try. Getting back to this thread, the alcohol commercials on TV have become way too enticing even for me. They look delicious and make your mouth water. I think it's awful for young adults to resist that temptation. I thought a long with cigs. They had abolished ads like that for the kids sakes. If not they should. What do we do to get this going? I think alcohol is worse than cigs in many many ways
One of the perils of capitalism. I am a drinker and a hobbyist brewer but would agree that there should be less advertising in this area. It is something that should be approached with an understanding that it is a potent drug and has ruined many lives.

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible says that Jesus made wine for people.

And you cannot prove that Jesus made fermented wine.

God does not temp any man with evil (James 1:13) so it would have been a sin for Jesus to deliver to these people alcoholic wine as this would have been delivering to them the temptation to get drunk which is sinful behavior.

So the Lord would not be placing temptation in front of them, so the "wine" he created would not have been fermented wine that people could drink and get drunk on.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God does not temp any man with evil (James 1:13) so it would have been a sin for Jesus to deliver to these people alcoholic wine as this would have been delivering to them the temptation to get drunk which is sinful behavior.

So the Lord would not be placing temptation in front of them, so the "wine" he created would not have been fermented wine that people could drink and get drunk on.
You cannot discuss theology in the Kitchen Sink.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟439,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Humans. Wedding. Wine.

Anyone who knows humans knows it was fermented.

Plus
Proverbs 31:6
Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress

As for temptation, how do you explain secual desire, which God seems to have given us? Its this terrific thing, but wow can it tempt us the wrong way.

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anyone who knows humans knows it was fermented.

Anyone who knows the Lord Jesus, knows it was NOT fermented because of James 1:13

you cannot discuss theology in the Kitchen Sink.

Sorry, others were discussing this so I thought that's what we were doing with this tropic.

What section would a topic like this belong in?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who knows the Lord Jesus, knows it was NOT fermented because of James 1:13

Sorry, others were discussing this so I thought that's what we were doing with this tropic.

What section would a topic like this belong in?
Usually general theology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟439,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thats vague as to exactly what situations it applies to. Meanwhile, the proverb I provided is inescapably specific. Plus no way were people at a wedding going to be thrilled by this weird NA wine.

For sure the Bible counsels against excessive wine consumption in many instances.

Upvote 0

Rsdar

Radar
Mar 22, 2024
Western New York
✟2,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thats vague as to exactly what situations it applies to. Meanwhile, the proverb I provided is inescapably specific. Plus no way were people at a wedding going to be thrilled by this weird NA wine.

For sure the Bible counsels against excessive wine consumption in many instances.

you cannot discuss theology in the Kitchen Sink.

Maybe in the toilet, but NOT the Kitchen Sink.
funny.gif

Upvote 0

Rsdar

Radar
Mar 22, 2024
Western New York
✟2,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That is if it were evil. Wine was intoxicating in the Bible. Drunkards are not referring to any drinking. Preachers have made their own bias and then tried to make Scripture support it. I've been in churches that taught total abstinence and if you have or ever had a problem in this area then by all means abstain but if not I certainly find no Scriptures saying alcohol is evil. Sorry, but the Bible seems clear that some were miraculously intoxicated on what many call grape juice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.