Age You Became Quiverfull....

Aug 8, 2009
Cartersville, GA
✟7,614.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My husband have become very interested in quiverfull. Recently, we decided we wanted to have a large family. I know that is the Lord moving in us as we have always said we would have the required 2.5 children. I just wondered when everyone made the decision to become quiverfull and did you have other children prior.

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
we already had one daughter and were thinking about trying for another, when we decided that birth control would be left in God's hands. I was 24 years old, hubby was 25, we have two more daughter's now. So we have a total of 3 girls right now, and are waiting for God's timeing for the next one.

Upvote 0
Aug 8, 2009
Cartersville, GA
✟7,614.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, I guess we're getting a bit of a late start. I will be 31 at the end of the month. We have a little boy who is about to turn 3 in September. I've ordered Mary Prides books and can't wait for them to arrive and start reading. Please pray that God will bless us with a new little one soon. :)

Upvote 0

KathyO

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
✟15,125.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well, we must be the "oldies" of the Quiverfull movement! :D

We decided to become QF last January, one month after our 7th child
(together) was born. We had already decided to never use the pill
ever again after finding out that it can cause abortion BUT we were
still going to use natural family planning.

Only after having done some research did we discover that we need
to trust God completely, that is, use nothing. :thumbsup:

George already had 2 children from his first marriage (23 & 21). I already had 2 from my first marriage (16 & 15) and we have 3 together (8, 5 & 10 months). You'd think we were QF already with that many but no.

I am 42, George is 51 and we've only been QF for the last 9 months. Waiting to accept all the babies God wants to give us :groupray: ... and hoping we haven't left it too late. :prayer::prayer:

If I'm allowed to have any regrets, it's only that I'm sorry I didn't find out about all this sooner. I'd love to have as many as the Duggars. Did you hear Michelle is now pregnant with number 19?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, we must be the "oldies" of the Quiverfull movement...! :D

There's a few of us, here, in our forties. I think the Duggars must be 40+, too.

Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hubby and I decided a couple of months ago to let God be in control and give us how ever many kids He saw fit. I have 4 children, 2 girls and 2 boys...Ages.. 16, 13, 7 and 2. We have always used protection and the only time we didn't I became pregnant.:D Well last month I became pregnant with #5. I knew I was pregnant 3 days after I conceived. I had a positive test, my body did everything it was supposed to in preparation for a baby. I knew it and was so excited. But for some reason only God knows, it didn't work out.:( I later took a test that came up negative and my period was bad. Alot of pain, especially in my lower back, it felt like a knife was being driven inside me, it was awful but I stayed strong for my family because I knew what was happening. I am at peace and I know God is in control. Whatever His reason, I am ok with that. I want as many kids as God sees fit for my family. I love children and I am excited because I know God's will shall be done.

I read that 40 to 60% of women will have a miscarriage and not even know it. They will pass it as a normal period. :( wow... Good luck to all you ladies and lots of hugs.:hug:

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry for your loss. That's where we were at when we lost ours too. There was nobody to blame, so we just figured it was the inexplicable hand of God. The doctors told us that it was a nonviable embyo, that's why it failed.

We initially bought that explanation. God had given me the names of our four DDs before our first (a DD) was born. When we were pregnant with our third surviving DD, I felt God saying this was baby girl name #4. This led me to belive that the one we lost was baby girl #3. Since God spent a name on her, it challenged the explanation of nonviability. There is still no one to blame, but we still wonder why the conception took place, if that was how it was to end.:confused:

I don't see a point to being angry about it, especially since it wasn't a result of anyone's bad choices.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

caribassett

Dec 1, 2009
North Carolina, USA
✟7,659.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am 29 and my fearless husband is 33. We have 5 children. It was shortly after Daniels (our 5th child) birth that I felt the call. I was so shocked, but as I began doing research I realized that this was in line with so many of our thoughts already, and that God has probably been calling (shouting at) us for a while!

When I decided to trust in God and put every single aspect of our lives in Gods hands I was really scared. But He has blessed us over and over ! I am stunned at the change He has worked in our lives. My h is so happy, I mean we have been experiencing seriously major changes, I am so happy we gave ourselves to Him fully.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

svl3p

Jul 27, 2006
ontario
✟8,218.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
my husband are i are thinking about it but really, i'm scared...when you say you've done research, what kind of research have you found? all i can find are the extremes web sites..either the ones that seem to doom you to hell if you use birth control, and the ones that call you stupid if you don't..

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
my husband are i are thinking about it but really, i'm scared...when you say you've done research, what kind of research have you found? all i can find are the extremes web sites..either the ones that seem to doom you to hell if you use birth control, and the ones that call you stupid if you don't..

QF is an ideal. The use or non-use of contraception is never directly addressed in the Bible, but surrounding issues are.

Many of us cannot feel comfortable opposing conception when we concluded that such can only occur when God deliberately wants to make somebody. To do so would put us in the position of saying, "No, Lord," which, of course, is an oxymoron.

People who don't hold such a conviction are guilty of nothing, deliberately, though some forms of contraception are abortifacient.

Sometimes our health issues (particularly in women) are such that we cannot offer our bodies for pregnancy, but this is not the same as saying, "No, Lord."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JmelynnOU

Princess of the King!
Nov 2, 2005
Bartlesville, OK
Visit site
✟15,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was 28 and my husband 29...we did not have any children at the time and were both working full time jobs. We knew that the Lord wanted me to quit my job and stay at home whether or not He would bless us with children. One month after doing this in obedience (which was not easy at the time), we found out we were going to have a baby. Now we have a beautiful little angel named Kaitlyn who was born on May 10, 2010. Hopefully more angels will make their way into our family soon! May God bless you!

Upvote 0

Rtcrmine

Mar 9, 2012
✟7,623.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im 35 and I just recently felt convicted to live a qf life. We recently had a miscarriage. I had a tubal 10 years ago and i was on the pill (period reasons), last month I thought I was having a break through period but ended up passing a child. That really opened my eyes to who is REALLY in control! So I stopped the pill and will let God decide whether I'm to have another blessing.

Upvote 0