Abortion in Arizona set to be illegal in nearly all circumstances, state high court rules

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,202,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you not “conservative”?
What happened to “states’ rights”?
States rights are only a thing when republicans don’t have the votes at the federal level.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟267,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
States rights are only a thing when republicans don’t have the votes at the federal level.

Republicans are for local control*.

*The most local level they actually control. It should be a city government making decisions unless that city government is controlled by Democrats in which case the county government should make decision unless the county government is controlled by Democrats in which case the state government should make decisions unless the state government is controlled by Democrats in which case the federal government should make decisions unless the federal government is controlled by Democrats in which case their own specific interpretation of the sacred book of their choosing should make decisions.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟917,999.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad old laws that were never officially abolished are still adhered to, at least by some.

And God does not change.

He doesn't like abortion more today than he did 100 years ago. Why should we?
If he so opposed it seems odd that he would make child sacrifice the precipitating event of both Judaism and Christianity.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟248,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟250,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Like ”bodily autonomy“?
What about the unborn bodily autonomy?

I’ll agree to disagree and move on. I believe all life should be protected, regardless.

Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟4,434.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Issac for Judaism.

Jesus for Christianity.
Oh, I was under the impression Isaac lived. I must be reading a flawed Torah.

HaShem calls human sacrifice an abomination so your information, at least on Judaism, is deeply flawed.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟917,999.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I was under the impression Isaac lived.
That is my understanding, yes. However, he did call on Abraham to perform a sacrifice of Issac did he not?
I must be reading a flawed Torah.
I wouldn't know.
HaShem calls human sacrifice an abomination so your information, at least on Judaism, is deeply flawed.
Then you believe your God commanded his follower to commit abominations in his name and only stopped it at the last second?

The Christians, of course, believe he performed a human sacrifice of his only son.

In any case, the point remains that for someone who hates human sacrifice it seems odd base a religion on an it. Either in part through a last second reprieve or in whole through a sacrifice of his son.

Upvote 0