a getting to know you thread

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if I qualify as moderate, but I consider myself to be; I'm conservative in some aspects and liberal in others.

1. Place of birth? I'd rather not specify, but in the south of the Netherlands.

2. Favorite day of the week? Sunday.

3. Favorite sport to watch? I hate all sports equally! :sorry:

4. Favorite movie (one you can always watch)? Amadeus, Mary Poppins, all Ingmar Bergman films, Il vangelo secondo Matteo, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only It's a wonderful life fan!

5. Favorite food? All sorts of things, but in winter choucroute garnie (sauerkraut).

6. Favorite beverage? Tea and a good red wine.

7. Hobbies? Reading, cooking, wine tasting, playing with the cats, cuddling my husband, going to the opera.

8. Night person or day person? Total night owl!

9. Paint or wallpaper? I have cats, so wallpaper is a no-no! We have (hideous) wallpaper now, and the cats are helping us to destroy it completely.

10. Favorite t.v. show? I don't watch tv really, except for university challenge on Monday.

11. Can you drive a stick shift? No, and I don't even know what it is. But I can't drive anything so my no is quite certain.

12. Last person you talked with on the phone? Either my mum or my husband, yesterday afternoon. I don't know who called last.

13. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Waldorf doll Roosje. I still have her.

14. When was the last time you cried? A couple of weeks ago while praying in the Marian chapel for my aunt's health. The doctors had given up on her then, but it seems that prayers were answered as she is doing a bit better now. :bow: :crossrc:

15. What's on the floor of your closet? Shoes.

Reactions: edie19
Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Plotting movement 15, with a HET on impulse 24.

Yes, against all that is good and reasonable, I play SFB and it's equally monstrous companion, Federation & Empire. F&E will eat your life.

Well, I'm making a mid-turn speed change next impulse down to speed 16. Also, I'm announcing fire.

My brother likes F&E, too, but I haven't played it. Frankly, between SFB and Super Mario Sunshine, I'm surprised I'm not a shut-in.

Reactions: GreenMunchkin
Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I'm in Illinois for now, but A2 will always be my home :) I'm so glad you can live in any area of Ohio and stay a Michigan fan :D I almost dated an OSU fan.:eek: That would have probably been the end of peace as we know it! What was I thinking??

One of the docs I work for did her undergrad at UM. She went to OSU medical school ( :scratch:). Her husband is the biggest OSU fan - to the point of being obnoxious about it (common among OSU fans). She can tell when he's been in her office because he turns her UM diploma around to face the wall.

As for me - I grew up in the Woody vs Bo era - couldn't stand Woody. Plus my mom was born and raised in Dearborn - all of her family was from Michigan - and she worked for the UM when I was growing up. So I naturally gravitated towards them. Lots of UM fans in the greater Toledo area - because of the proximity (we're in the disputed land)

11.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
smack 'im up side the head with a trout

been there, done that :thumbsup:

wow so many people love the movie the princess bride, great movie, I am going to watch it tonight

It appeals to so many ages. My grandsons ( 3 & 6) love it for the swordfights. My son & husband love the comedy. My daughter and d-i-l love the romance. Me - I just like it because Mandy Patinkin is in it.

Look it up on wikipedia - easier than trying to explain.

I did - one question raw or cooked?

oh and besides being a Catholic and college student I am also a snob lol

I truly hadn't noticed that about you - must be missing something:scratch:

LOL, I'm a total snob - opera snob, food snob, book snob, and a grammar and spelling nazi. :D

:sorry:

No such thing as too many grammar and spelling nazis:pink::ebil::pink:

One Horse Shy on Cafepress has a shirt that I really, really want to buy. It says "Bad grammar makes me [sic]"

That shirt has my name written all over it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not to brag - but I'm really glad I started this thread. I'm really really enjoying the answers.

edie

Upvote 0

Rowan

You are my brethren ♥
Apr 13, 2006
Allendale, MI
Visit site
✟16,998.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1. Place of birth? Michigan.

2. Favorite day of the week? I have two :) Friday (our Lord's crucifixion) and Sunday (His Resurrection)

3. Favorite sport to watch? Soccer

4. Favorite movie (one you can always watch)? Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, this British gangsta flick

5. Favorite food?
Spaghetti

6. Favorite beverage?
Juicy Juice!

7. Hobbies? Reading, writing, video games, anime -- the usual :D

8. Night person or day person?
night

9. Paint or wallpaper? Posters :)

10. Favorite t.v. show?
House!

11. Can you drive a stick shift?
:eek:

12. Last person you talked with on the phone?
My best friend.

13. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My computer.

14. When was the last time you cried?
A really bad injury. ((praying for the OP. My our Lord Jesus Christ heal you :crosseo:))

15. What's on the floor of your closet?
Shoes!

Reactions: edie19
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The Princess Bride rules!! :D I'm so happy there are so many people who like it LOL

At the moment, I'm in the middle of reading the book. Just got to the part where Buttercup discovers the man in black is really Westley :clap:

Oohh...the book would be awesome! :clap: I'll have to look for that. :)

Me too - even though the grandfather was reading from a book (I thought it was simply part of the plot line) it never occurred to me that it was based on a book.:doh:

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me too - even though the grandfather was reading from a book (I thought it was simply part of the plot line) it never occurred to me that it was based on a book.:doh:
And not just any grandpa. Grandpa Columbo. Ftw!

Upvote 0