• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A drug to cure drug addiction...

psychedelicist

aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just came to tell you guys my experience. I used to be addicted to heroin for a year, and i mean like 1.5 grams a day kind of addicted, I never had the willpower to stop on my own, so I started to look for help. Fortunately, I found help. Unfortunately, it was another dangerous drug...

I found out about Ibogaine through the internet, heard about its potential to cure addictions, so I figured what the hell, lets give it a shot. My friend managed to find 325 mg. of it, which was the exact amount needed according to my body weight. After taking it, I went through 2 days of what could best be described as hell. Hallucinations, lasting for a good 9 hours, focused mainly on all my problems in my life: first my addictions, then my general apathy, etc. The remainder of the time I was horrendously depressed, almost suicidal had my girlfriend not been there to help me along. The 3rd day, however, I woke up feeling happier than I ever did, and instead of my usual heroin-for-breakfast attitude, I woke up wanting eggs and bacon for breakfast. I cannot describe what it feels like to be free of this, and I would recommend this to someone who just can't seem to quit anything. But a warning: this stuff is VERY intense, be prepared for a few days of hell before you see any positive effects. It basically goes through your mind, wipes it clean, and hands it back to you and says 'here. finish it.'

note: It has only been proven to help opiate addiction, though from the way it works, I expect it could cure any addiction.

Mulutka

Saved
Dec 17, 2003
British Columbia
✟15,672.00
Faith
Catholic
I hate to sound like a tv nerd but is this the same drug that was talked about in CSI? There was an episode where a guy was giving addicts a drug that did the same thing... I thought that it must have been made up though. Mind you, CSI usually tries to stick with facts (in an unfactual way of course LOL).

I'm amazed at your testimony! Good for you!!! (hugs). I just can't imagine how it must be to get off heroin. My sister's best-friend's brother has been an addict for about a decade. Keeps trying to get off the junk only to go right back on it (and has really messed up his life because of it :( ).

Upvote 0

freeheart

Sep 8, 2004
Alabama
✟120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My husband is a crack addict in recovery. He has always gone back to it on binges. After reading your post, I looked on the net and found Ibeginagain.org which talks of the natural drug Ibogaine. It also gives hope for cocaine addicts. I have researched herbs and minerals for the restoration of the brain chemisty and for the body for my husband. This is a great hope. Thank you and may you continue to stay free from addiction. God bless you- Nancy :thumbsup:

Upvote 0