Sep 10, 2011
✟7,617.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am ashamed and annoyed that I feel this way. I suspect that I am pregnant with our fifth child. My husband and I are SO excited about the possibility, but the thought of telling everyone makes me a bit anxious.

A while back, my husband made an announcement at a family dinner (it was about his job). My mother said "You'd better not be pregnant!" before my husband could get the actual announcement out of his mouth. Ugh, how do I tell her that I'm pregnant after that comment.

Our church is full of 2-3 children families, working moms, and no homeschooling families. We are definitely out of the norm already with our four kids, me staying at home with them, and homeschooling. An older man in the congregation suggested to my husband that I should get a job to help the financial security of our family. True, we don't make a lot, but we raise hogs, chickens, and have a large garden every year. We live in an old house, but it fits our budget and we're happy here. No, our lifestyle isn't what others would consider ideal, but God provides for us.

So, I guess I am just looking for some support somewhere! We are ready to welcome this child with open arms and it hurts that others won't be as excited. How do I tell them? Do I wait a while? Has anyone else dealt with this attitude from people that they are close to? Comments from strangers don't bother me (as much), but when it's someone in my family or church family, it's hard to take!

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey there,
Glad to see you posted , NOT a thing to be timid about or ashamed about!

Can i ask are you certain you are carrying another gift from God? I ask bc u said i might be?

So lets go with you are, you are happy and so is hubby , right?
That is what matters most!

When i had to tell eveyone about #5 there were negative comments, even from people i did not know! But what i would say God felt he wanted to Bless me with another and who am i to argue with him? He knows what He's doing i Trust Him.

Yea i'd get all those oh condonsending god bless you!!!! I'd say he already has ! Or better you then me, i would say yes i agree!! Or how will you afford it? God will provide! He alwsys does!
Faith!!!!

You know do not let them ruin this special moment in time for you!
May i ask how old ur other children r?

I would remember going out with 4 of them and pregnant with #5 and total strangers would say look and shes pregnant again, like i was doing something bad to them! :doh: We like u have a small house dont have much , but from what i get from what jesus taught not to be wordly, because our treaure is in heaven.
We are Blessed in our church home there are many big families, and we all support one another. Great youth group large kids always hang together and bible studies 2xs a week!

So go for it be proud GOD has Blessed you again do not be ashamed!!!
I am here if you need me:amen:

Upvote 0

elpis81

Sep 10, 2011
✟7,617.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey there,
Glad to see you posted , NOT a thing to be timid about or ashamed about!

Can i ask are you certain you are carrying another gift from God? I ask bc u said i might be?

So lets go with you are, you are happy and so is hubby , right?
That is what matters most!

When i had to tell eveyone about #5 there were negative comments, even from people i did not know! But what i would say God felt he wanted to Bless me with another and who am i to argue with him? He knows what He's doing i Trust Him.

Yea i'd get all those oh condonsending god bless you!!!! I'd say he already has ! Or better you then me, i would say yes i agree!! Or how will you afford it? God will provide! He alwsys does!
Faith!!!!

You know do not let them ruin this special moment in time for you!
May i ask how old ur other children r?

I would remember going out with 4 of them and pregnant with #5 and total strangers would say look and shes pregnant again, like i was doing something bad to them! :doh: We like u have a small house dont have much , but from what i get from what jesus taught not to be wordly, because our treaure is in heaven.
We are Blessed in our church home there are many big families, and we all support one another. Great youth group large kids always hang together and bible studies 2xs a week!

So go for it be proud GOD has Blessed you again do not be ashamed!!!
I am here if you need me:amen:

I am not totally certain, but I feel pregnant. I have had many of the symptoms that I am used to at the start of pregnancy. I can't test for another few days or so.

My children are 8,6,3,and almost 2.

Thanks for the encouragement! I do know everything you are saying in my heart and mind, it's just a little difficult to get past the negative comments I know I will be hearing.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know they make pregnancy tests now that you can test even before you are late? A FYI !!!

The way i look at it is this way. They know not what they do or say, are they shoeing the fruits of the spirits? Are they realizing they are judging? Would they prefer you did something drastic?

You can always start the conversation like we would like to tell you a story, but as we tell you , you are not to judge the characters because God gave them special gifts that He chose just for them! Etc... Maybe try that the truth???

Upvote 0

elpis81

Sep 10, 2011
✟7,617.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, I know about the early response tests, but I am trying to resist the temptation. They are much pricier than the $1 Dollar Tree tests I usually buy!
:D

I'm sure in time my parents will get used to the idea. They surely wouldn't want me to do anything drastic. I don't really understand why it's a big deal...I mean, I am one of 4 kids and my parents are each 1 of 5 children. It's not like they had SMALL families and just can't wrap their minds around 5 kids!

Oh well....still waiting to find out!

Upvote 0

ex-pat

Building my house...
Jun 30, 2011
Canada
✟16,064.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'd try asking your mom which of her grandchildren she preferred you didn't have. Or which of them she feels hasn't been properly fed, or which doesn't have clothes. if she complains that they don't have designer things, you may ask if they keep the child any warmer than non-label. Or whether library books have fewer words in them than books the children own. Be polite, and keep a light, even tone, but be firm about it. It's your family, and it's between you and your husband and God how many children you have!

Children are a blessing! And you seem to be doing just fine homeschooling, providing for them, and bringing them to church to know God.

Upvote 0

elpis81

Sep 10, 2011
✟7,617.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
:thumbsup:So I got a positive test today!!! My husband is so excited and I just found out that my best friend is due four days before I am. This is going to be so fun once I tell my parents!

My parents just found out that they have to move, and my mom is so sad about it. Maybe I'll wait a bit for her to get used to that idea before I spring this on her.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congratultions :clap:
What a Blessing from God!
Keep us posted on how things are going! :amen:

:thumbsup:So I got a positive test today!!! My husband is so excited and I just found out that my best friend is due four days before I am. This is going to be so fun once I tell my parents!

My parents just found out that they have to move, and my mom is so sad about it. Maybe I'll wait a bit for her to get used to that idea before I spring this on her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums