✟293,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You may have formed a picture of her in your mind
These are kind of like mental love idols - or a rorscharch ink blot, we see what we want to see or we see a few dots and the mind connects the rest to a constellation. I look at it this way: if you think you can't live without the person, you probably can't live with them either. The person you think you can't live without doesn't exist, and you'd realize that that shortly after spending time with the real one.

It doesn't happen this way in the myth, but the moment Venus brings Galatea to life, Pygmalion would probably say 'wait, that's not the voice I imagined for her... she's not talking about the things I imagined her talking her about'

It's easy to live with someone in the mind who never does anything wrong

I suppose you could always reach out to them on social media and try to get to know them though if neither they nor you are involved.
I'm not sure how well you knew them during your previous interaction, maybe you had some things in common. You could tell that what
it was that you admired about them and see where it goes from there.

Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟941,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was never romantically involved with this person, but I developed a crush during the time when I encountered them in person. It's been a few years since I've had any type of interaction with her, and I still can't get her out of my mind. I've prayed and read through the word, but I'm still struggling. I could really use some biblical advice to overcome this issue.
Unless your married or she is married or your both married, why not persue a relationship?

Upvote 0