Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's never ever been kissed yes I know this to be true he dated a girl in highschool twice she said he wasn't the best looking guy( after she asked him to take her to prom) thru the years he has only a few times since asked anyone else out always rejected a few yrs ago he went out with a girl he met on line only went out twice they always wannna just be friends he has since given up my prayer is that he finds his woman from God someday . He is a very Godly man and wants a wife but she has to be a virgin, yea, so he can then in his dream become a Baptist pastor. The only way I can look at this is God's got it but it's very hard to see your kids give up. He won't even talk about it anymore I am serious proud of him though for his values which I'm sure is a big part of the reason he's having issues it's hard to find people who share your ideals. Help??

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟527,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Patience. Pray, talk with him, with others if it helps, but patience is critical to pretty much anything related to dating, parenting, or life in general.

God be with you all.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He's never ever been kissed yes I know this to be true he dated a girl in highschool twice she said he wasn't the best looking guy( after she asked him to take her to prom) thru the years he has only a few times since asked anyone else out always rejected a few yrs ago he went out with a girl he met on line only went out twice they always wannna just be friends he has since given up my prayer is that he finds his woman from God someday . He is a very Godly man and wants a wife but she has to be a virgin, yea, so he can then in his dream become a Baptist pastor. The only way I can look at this is God's got it but it's very hard to see your kids give up. He won't even talk about it anymore I am serious proud of him though for his values which I'm sure is a big part of the reason he's having issues it's hard to find people who share your ideals. Help??
Does he lift? Has a hobby or a job?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well.... my husband married in his mid-thirties. We've been married ten years. It's ok to have standards, to want a Godly, virtuous, good wife, too. But it is also true that many young women may have done things that they shouldn't have before coming to Christ. Doesn't mean she isn't contrite and wouldn't make a good wife. Just means she's done things that Christ (and hopefully a future husband) can forgive her for. When God arranges the marriage, past sins shouldn't affect the couple's ability to love and serve each other in the present.

Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray for him and for her, be there for him, don't constantly talk to him about it, let him know you support him and shut up about marriage, girlfriends, grandchildren etc etc etc.

show him William Lane Craig offers advice to Christians considering marriage

and

Are you ready for marriage? 10 questions to find out how prepared you are

to let him know there are Christian pressing for biblical marriage.
It's also true that some Christian men will be called to a life of celibacy. I've even known some Protestant men who have chosen, for the sake of Christ, to be single, and that's perfectly ok.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Why would you push him to go out there and be rejected again? Let life happen naturally. If there is a woman who shows interest and that he likes, then encourage him. Otherwise, leave his fragile ego alone. He is still very young. Let the women his age and around him grow up a bit.

• Agree
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's also true that some Christian men will be called to a life of celibacy.
Very true, but it does eliminate him from being a pastor.

“Husband of one wife” is the standard for congregational leadership.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
wants a wife but she has to be a virgin, yea, so he can then in his dream become a Baptist pastor.
Why would her past (before becoming a believer) keep him from being a pastor?

• Agree
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Very true, but it does eliminate him from being a pastor.

“Husband of one wife” is the standard for congregational leadership.

Why...I suspect that means not two or more, not that he has to be married. Jesus wasn't married. Paul even wishes that everyone were like him ... unmarried.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus wasn't married.
Neither was Paul; and neither of them led a local congregation.

In one of the passages, Paul talks about having obedient children. THat is not supposed to happen if you are single.

Titus 1:6
namely, if any man is above reproach, the husband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of dissipation or rebellion

Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you push him to go out there and be rejected again? Let life happen naturally. If there is a woman who shows interest and that he likes, then encourage him. Otherwise, leave his fragile ego alone. He is still very young. Let the women his age and around him grow up a bit.
Yes I know I really wanted encouragement for myself I absolutely am not pushing or even bringing it up

• Friendly
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Yes I know I really wanted encouragement for myself I absolutely am not pushing or even bringing it up
He has grown into a godly young man. You did your job well. What more do you need to be happy? Give him time. Focus on what you do have.

• Winner
Reactions: Seadish
Upvote 0