• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

‘Ozempic Personality’: What to Know About Weight Loss and Mood Changes

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,699,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

JUMP TO:​

Doctors discuss drugs that lead to weight loss and personality changes.

• Some people taking drugs that lead to weight loss, like Ozempic, say the medication impacts their mood.
  • This led to the term, “Ozempic personality,” which notes that these drugs may cause some to feel depressed and anxious.
  • Doctors say they see this often in people who lose weight.

There’s been a lot of chatter over the past year about Ozempic and its impact on the body. While the semaglutide medication (the main active ingredient in Ozempic) is technically designed for blood sugar management in people with type 2 diabetes, it’s also used off-label for weight loss—and that’s only fueled its popularity.

With that, reports have swirled around online of people having unexpected side effects of taking Ozempic. The latest: Some say they’re experiencing mood changes in what’s now been dubbed “Ozempic personality.”

Several people online have opened up about going through personality changes. “I have minimal passion for anything, very monotone, and no enthusiasm,” one person wrote on Reddit. “I hear good news I respond with ‘okay.’ Things I enjoy seem to be a chore.” But another said that they feel more “calm” now that they’re on Ozempic. “I’m more optimistic about my future. More content with my present. But I know I both feel and appear calmer to others,” they said. “That might present as my being in a lower mood to some but I am not experiencing it like that.”

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,699,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to take weight loss injections until my insurance denied it. I think it’s a blessing in disguise.
Are they weight loss injections though or simply a type 2 diabetic medication? People are calling them both now.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,699,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What Is 'Ozempic Butt?' Also known as 'Wegovy Butt,' 'Ozempic Butt' is characterized by sagging skin that can develop as a result of extreme, rapid weight loss while taking these drugs. This can give areas of the body a looser, 'deflated' appearance, particularly in curvier areas of the body. :eek:

Upvote 0