Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, if ye can rustle up a willing mod, feel free to change us to "Ye Olde Politics-free Alehouse, Cracker Shabeen und Österreicher Bierstube"

^_^

I like it as it is. I'm a traditionalist...:)

Not feeling too good today but its good to be here...

Upvote 0
T

Twelvestring Johnny

:wave: Twelvestring Johnny. I see that you have changed your avatar. Actually I'm glad. I was always afraid for your horse with that other avatar showing a horse jumping over the pikes on the closing gate. ;)

Well hello there AMDG (how'd you be pronouncin' that, anyway?). Worryin' about my rum prancer? Ye shouldn't; she's a fair prad for a swell toby gill, y'know, and on that pictured occasion she flew the gate without me even havin' to clap me bleeders...an' we truly tipped the straps on the double! Ah, happy memories...come and crush a cup an' we'll cheer up our friend 'ere from yon green isle.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well hello there AMDG (how'd you be pronouncin' that, anyway?)

It's pronounced just like it is spelled: A-M-D-G. It's the abbreviation for "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" or "To the Greater Glory of God". When I started out doing apologetics, I took that "name" (a la the way EWTN stands for "Eternal Word Television Network") and have never changed it. Besides, it's written on the buildings of my son's college and it's also written on the doorway to the entrance of my house. :blush:

You told me before that your horse was "high stepping" and that there was nothing to worry about, but you should know me, everytime I saw those pikes and your horse jumping over them... I just couldn't help it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

Twelvestring Johnny

Ah, well I was just ridin' along the trade streets listenin' to the fish-wives ('tis hard to avoid) when I comes upon a set of rum-looking beggars beneath a canvas "tent" blockin' the throughway.

"'Ere, what's your game, you set o' clapperdogeons!" I arsks.

"We's a protestin' trade an' such", a shabby-looking wench answers me, "we're all tented out here protestin' wealth. Are ye wi' us?"

"Ah, 'fraid not, says I. I've got me own way of restributin' the coinage; and it's got nothin' to do with sittin' and smellin' up the street and blowin through logs to make a mournful dirge..so Good Morning to you."

An' as I rides off, I hear the bailiffs a comin' up an' administerin' them beggars a good kickin'!

Ah, well, such be the way o' the whirl..

Upvote 0
T

Twelvestring Johnny

Friday is here! Time for game pie:

Raised-partridge-pie-001.jpg

..and Real Ale:
real-ale-tankard-8001362-0.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.