Wicked Lose your salvation Documentary on YouTube promoting a works based salvation

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟153,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Paul was a chosen vessel to bear Christ's name for both the Jews and Gentiles.

Acts 9:15
"But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"

In my experience, those who believe in Mid Acts Dispensationalism hold to the view that Paul preached the gospel to the Gentiles and Peter preached a different gospel to the Jews. The above verse demonstrates that Paul preached the gospel to both Jews and Gentiles. As I pointed out in Acts 13:42-49, Paul preached to the Jews and they rejected his gospel message, and so he went to the Gentiles. This proves there weren’t two gospels. There has always been one gospel. It was prophesied about in the Old Covenant until Jesus came. When Jesus arrived in Incarnate form, the gospel was preached, and Paul gave us the details of that gospel more clearly to people (Because people were looking at the gospel message with the gospel event had already happened). Why else would there be 4 gospel accounts? They all demonstrated one thing. The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Well, that is if you believe the gospel accounts.
Exactly! Paul taught on all levels. But it was always the same gospel. I always like these verses-

I Corinthians 9:18 "What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel."

I Corinthians 9:19 "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more."

I Corinthians 9:20 "And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;"

I Corinthians 9:21 "To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law."

Corinthians 9:22 "To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

I Corinthians 9:23 "And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you."

Same gospel but taught on every level so he could reach everyone. From the Jew to the Gentile, to the weak and mature.

And yes Paul shows us certain mysteries for example -"all are changed" at the last trump, etc but that in no way means he's teaching a different gospel. It's still the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,977.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same gospel but taught on every level so he could reach everyone. From the Jew to the Gentile, to the weak and mature.

And yes Paul shows us certain mysteries for example -"all are changed" at the last trump, etc but that in no way means he's teaching a different gospel. It's still the same.

You share the same views as him about Acts 21:18-25, that James, the elders, and Paul made a mistake there?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,977.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I Corinthians 9:18 "What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel."

So by your previous reasoning,

If I preach a gospel about Christ
And another preach a gospel, also about Christ.

It must necessarily be true that we are both preaching the same gospel?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟374,271.00
Faith
Non-Denom

As we all know, simply preaching a sermon about someone named "Christ" is hardly the gospel. For example, the "Christ" of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Mormons) is hardly the "Christ" of orthodox Christianity.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,977.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟153,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Let me ask you a question, was Peter preaching a different gospel to Cornelius, Phillip to the Ethiopian?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,977.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask you a question, was Peter preaching a different gospel to Cornelius, Phillip to the Ethiopian?

Yes, it was the gospel of the kingdom, preached since the world began.

I hope you will now also answer my question.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟153,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, it must be the same gospel. God is not the author of confusion. Sure Paul taught certain mysteries (such as all are "changed at the last trump", etc) and gave his own advice at times but the gospel itself is the same. He taught Christ crucified. He taught the gospel of Christ.

Romans 1:9 "For God is my witness, Whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers,"

Romans 1:15 "So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also

I Corinthians 1:5 "That in every thing ye are enriched by Him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;"

I Corinthians 1:6 "Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:"

I Corinthians 1:12 "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, "I am of Paul", and "I am of Apollos"; and "I am of Cephas"; and "I am of Christ"."

Does this sound familiar? It sounds a lot like what you are trying to prove. You clearly believe you are "of Paul".

I Corinthians 1:13 "Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"

Again, this sounds a lot like what you are trying to say with the different gospels. You are stating the gospels are divided.

I Corinthians 1:17 "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect."

I Corinthians 1:23 "But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;"

I Corinthians 1:24
"But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."

Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said unto him, "Go thy way: for He is a chosen vessel unto Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"

Galatians 1:6 "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:"

Galatians 1:8 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

Galatians 1:9 "As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

Galatians 2:14 "But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?"

The gospel -same gospel

Philippians 1:5 "For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;"

Philippians 1:27 "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;"

Colossians 1:5 "For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

Paul taught on every level but it is still the same gospel. His gospel that he is preaching is the gospel of Christ. He states that we are not to say we are of "Paul", etc. Christ is not to be divided which you are trying to do.

I could go on but I'll just end with this verse-

Mark 16:15 "And He said unto them, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature"

That includes everyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,977.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it must be the same gospel. God is not the author of confusion. Sure Paul taught certain mysteries (such as all are "changed at the last trump", etc) and gave his own advice at times but the gospel itself is the same. He taught Christ crucified. He taught the gospel of Christ.

I see, with such a broad definition of what the gospel means to you, I can understand how you are able to form that doctrine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,977.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many baptisms are there? According to Paul's letter to the Ephesians there is only one baptism. However, we know for a fact that there are at least two baptisms according to the Bible. John baptized and it was another baptism, other than Christian baptism.

Just like the definition of "gospel", if you are unable to rightly divide the word of truth, you will think that Paul is saying there is only ONE baptism for all times, which is actually not what he meant.

Upvote 0