Who will Reign with Christ for 1000 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terral

Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
✟21,357.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Tracy:

Please allow me to make some comments and ask some questions.

You wrote >> As to the specific mechanics of the millenial rule Jesus once promised to reward the Twelve by granting them to sit upon thrones to rule over the tribes of Israel (Matt. 19:28). Also, some interpret (Ezk. 34 & 37) to mean that King David will have a special place of rulership under Christ in the kingdom.

The verses you are talking about are here:

"Then I will set over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them; he will feed them himself and be their shepherd. And I, the LORD, will be their God, and My servant David will be prince among them; I the LORD have spoken. Eze. 34:23+24.

Ezek 37:24 ¶ "My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons' sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever.” Ezek. 37:24 +25.

Here is the interesting part:

“And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.” Eze. 37:22.

There is only room for one ‘king’ in this kingdom, and the Lord says it will be David. I am wondering how we include Christ’s words in this earthly kingdom. Also,

“Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm." John 18:36.

If Christ’s kingdom is not even of this realm, how can we place Him on David’s throne through this Kingdom period?

Tracy wrote >> Though the Church will have royal authority as the King's consort I see no reason Israelites will not have some ruling authority in their own kingdom.

Are you envisioning the ‘Church’ of Colossians 1:24 having a place in this earthly kingdom that Ezekiel is describing in chapters 34 and 37? Please explain.

Lastly, Peter says,

"Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, whom heaven must receive until {the} period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.” Acts 3:19 - 21.

Up above there, Ezekiel is describing the restoration of the kingdom to Israel with David as the king. Peter is saying that heaven must receive Christ, until the ‘period of restoration of all things’ spoken by “His holy prophets.” All of these things being true, how can we place Christ in the earthly kingdom to reign on the throne of David?

God bless,

Terral

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Terral said:
Hi Tracy:

There is only room for one ‘king’ in this kingdom, and the Lord says it will be David. I am wondering how we include Christ’s words in this earthly kingdom. Also,

If Christ’s kingdom is not even of this realm, how can we place Him on David’s throne through this Kingdom period?

Are you envisioning the ‘Church’ of Colossians 1:24 having a place in this earthly kingdom that Ezekiel is describing in chapters 34 and 37? Please explain.

Lastly, Peter says,

Up above there, Ezekiel is describing the restoration of the kingdom to Israel with David as the king. Peter is saying that heaven must receive Christ, until the ‘period of restoration of all things’ spoken by “His holy prophets.” All of these things being true, how can we place Christ in the earthly kingdom to reign on the throne of David?

God bless,

Terral
Terral, it seems that your position is based on the assumption that there, when it says David, it literally means David himself will sit on the throne as king . .

But that fails to take into account the idioms of speach and symbolic language used in ancient Hebrew, that when the heir of throne is sitting on the throne, it can be spoken of as the original king himself . . yet all know what this means, that the heir is the legitimate heir of tthat King.

This is also seen when it speaks of Jesus being the son of David . . Jesus was not born when David was alive . Jesus is hundreds of years removed and David is his great, great, great grandfather many more time removed . .

Yet we all understand what is meant when Jesus is spoken of as the Son of David . . it means Jesus is David's legitimate heir . .

The same is true in the symbolizism used to say David will sit on his throne . . He will, through Christ Himself sitting on it.

An ultra literal interpreation of this pasage in Ezechial destroys the idioms and symbolic language contained in this prophecy.

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

Tractor1

Liberalism has taken the place of Persecution.
Jun 8, 2004
Southwest
✟9,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Terral said:
Hi Tracy:

Lastly, Peter says,

God bless,

Terral
"And the angel said to her, Do not be afraid Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever; and His kingdom will have no end" (Luke 1:30-33).

Many object to Christ reigning from a literal throne on earth based on (John 18:36), but there's a vast difference between being "of this world" and being "in the world." Jesus Himself made the distinction one chapter earlier (John 17:11-16). Jesus' kingdom will not be "of this world," which means that it will not be of the same nature as the kingdoms of this world. It will be based on peace, truth, and righteousness, but that doesn't deny that it will be a kingdom present on this earth.

Since I believe the Church to be the espoused bride of Christ, just as other citizens are subjects the wife of the King isn't subject, but is a consort or sharer in His reign. Even if no actual responsibility is given her the fact remains that she is governing rather than being governed.

In Christ,
Tracey

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
thereselittleflower said:
How do they SEE and enter into the kingdom DURING the Tribulation?

Peace in Him!
What?? lol..

They see the promises filfilled in their lifetime.. i.e. they do not see them afar off.

They enter into the kingdom (and attain the promise) by making it through the tribulation...

Rev 2:25-27 KJV
(25) But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
(26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
(27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.​

*Overcoming AND keeping Christ's WORKS are the means earn a place ruling with Christ.

Are you with me?? :)

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
Terral said:
David as King?? Didn't you read Acts 2?
Act 2:29-32 KJV
(29) Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
(30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
(31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
(32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.​

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

They can't!
Othewise they would have to contradict what Paul says and I haven't seen them do that yet. Of course they can twist all the other scriptures around the way they want, but untill they provide biblical proof without contradicting Paul, that Christ reigns on earth[except in us through His Spirit of course] anywhere in the bible, then I will stick to the belief that the righteous will be living in a new heaven and earth after THE END the Restoration.

Christ is not reigning after the END!!!!

1 corin 15:23 But each one in his own order:

Christ the firstfruits, [passed]

afterward those [who are] Christ's at His coming. [coming for us] 24

Then [comes] the end[vengeance and wraths poured out], when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy [that] will be destroyed [is] death.

Christ coming on the cloud for His Elect:

rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
reve 14:14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat [One] like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle. 15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, "Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe." 16 So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped.

1 corin 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them,] because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is [rightly] judged by no one. 16 For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

Where was david's throne??
Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
(31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
(32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Looks like God is sitting on it:| :thumbsup: I leave it up to you to interpret it, as I feel I already know what it means.:| Who is this coming?
rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

reve 11:16
And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying: "We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.

Upvote 0

Tractor1

Jun 8, 2004
Southwest
✟9,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Christ forever writes:

Then [comes] the end[vengeance and wraths poured out], when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy [that] will be destroyed [is] death.
This portion of Scripture which is in the middle of revelation concerning resurrection presents God's program for the purification of the universe in preperation for the eternal glory. The Spirit declares that resurrection is common to all men and that there's an order - Christ the first fruits, they that are Christ's at His coming, and the end or consumating resurrection. The period between the resurrection of Christ's own and the "end" resurrection is characterized by the exercise of power and authority on the part of Christ. This period, according to (Rev. 20:4-6), is a millennium of years. At the end of this period it's asserted that the kingdom will be delivered up to the Father.

In Christ,
Tracey

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

In Christ Forever

The period between the resurrection of Christ's own and the "end" resurrection is characterized by the exercise of power and authority on the part of Christ. This period, according to (Rev. 20:4-6), is a millennium of years. At the end of this period it's asserted that the kingdom will be delivered up to the Father.
I am still studying but it all depends on what the millennium period is representing. I believe it migh be within the period of the "2 witnesses", as both a beast coming up out of the abyss[satan released]and a big resurrection when they are "killed". :|
Anyway, I am still studying on it biblically and I just view it this way right now[at least my spirit does].
I do not believe in an "earthly reign" of Christ[except through His Holy Spirit], let me just put it that way.

Wonder what kingdom God is talking about?:confused:
reve 17: 12 "The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast.....
....... 17 "For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled.

1 corin 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them,] because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is [rightly] judged by no one. 16 For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Upvote 0

Tractor1

Jun 8, 2004
Southwest
✟9,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Christ forever writes:

Wonder what kingdom God is talking about?:confused:
reve 17: 12 "The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast.....
....... 17 "For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled.

I totally agree, you're confused. :)

The ten are kings who rule simultaneously at the end of the Tribulation for a brief time and who act as a means of transmission of power from the various kingdoms to that of the beast. The aforementioned world empire will be destroyed by Christ at His return (Rev. 19:17-19).

In Christ,
Tracey

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

I totally agree, you're confused. :)

The ten are kings who rule simultaneously at the end of the Tribulation for a brief time andwho act as a means of transmission of power from the various kingdoms:confused: to that of the beast. The aforementioned world empire will be destroyed by Christ at His return (Rev. 19:17-19).

HMMM. And you say I am confused:confused: It doesn't say "kingdoms", it say "kingdom". They have no kingdom, why?, because they lost it at one time. And how do we know they lost it, because their "kingdom" is given over to the beast. They regain it back after the words of God are fulfilled. Now, what kingdom could God be talking about?
Never mind. I know it can be confusing depending on how one is viewing revelation:thumbsup: This was just for friendly discussion so be nice about it. God bless.:preach:

reve 14:14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat [One] like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle. 15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, "Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe." 16 So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped.

14:17Then another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. 18 And another angel came out from the altar, who had power over fire, and he cried with a loud cry to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, "Thrust in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are fully ripe." 19 So the angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and threw [it] into the great winepress of the wrath of God. 20 And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress, up to the horses' bridles, for one thousand six hundred furlongs.

Upvote 0

Tractor1

Jun 8, 2004
Southwest
✟9,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Christ Forever said:
HMMM. And you say I am confused:confused: It doesn't say "kingdoms", it say "kingdom". They have no kingdom, why?, because they lost it at one time. And how do we know they lost it, because their "kingdom" is given over to the beast. They regain it back after the words of God are fulfilled. Now, what kingdom could God be talking about?
Never mind. I know it can be confusing depending on how one is viewing revelation:thumbsup: This was just for friendly discussion so be nice about it. God bless.:preach:

14:17Then another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. 18 And another angel came out from the altar, who had power over fire, and he cried with a loud cry to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, "Thrust in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are fully ripe." 19 So the angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and threw [it] into the great winepress of the wrath of God. 20 And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress, up to the horses' bridles, for one thousand six hundred furlongs.

You're making it harder than it is. All Scripture is doing is giving further detail concerning the final stage of the beast's world empire. The ten kings are joined together in a confederacy represented by the ten horns. This is shown by the fact that they have one mind and give their power and strength to the beast.

In Christ,
Tracey

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

@@Paul@@

Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
In Christ Forever said:

I have ten sisters who have not received a wedding ring as of yet...

How many rings are there??

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

You're making it harder than it is. All Scripture is doing is giving further detail concerning the final stage of the beast's world empire. The ten kings are joined together in a confederacy represented by the ten horns. This is shown by the fact that they have one mind and give their power and strength to the beast.

I have ten sisters who have not received a wedding ring as of yet...
How many rings are there??
Yes, a confederacy, 10 kings without a kingdom. I can't wait to see that. So all we have to do is look around for some kings without a kingdom but not only that, they give away their kingdom to the beast....:eek: Good luck.

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

@@Paul@@ said:
I think u meant "kings without kingdoms"... :)

Ironic that there are still 10 northern tribes of the nation of the House of Israel without a "kingdom":o
Either it is 10 kings in one kingdom or 10 kings in 10 different kindoms[plural]. Just the way I read I guess.
I won't lose no sleep over it.:thumbsup: God bless.:preach:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.