Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bachelor of Science in Geology with a minor in Physics
Teaching certification in Composite Science 7-12 grades
12 Years of oilfield geology work
7 Years of teaching High School Science Courses (Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Physics)

Theology expertise-generalist.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,919,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bachelor of Science in Geology with a minor in Physics
Teaching certification in Composite Science 7-12 grades
12 Years of oilfield geology work
7 Years of teaching High School Science Courses (Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Physics)

Theology expertise-generalist.

:oldthumbsup:

Do you agree with YEC theology?

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Do you agree with YEC theology?
No, the C part yes, the YE part no. I believe that the earth is 4.6 billion years old. That has no issue with God as the creator. The part of Genesis that details the creation is almost exactly the same order as the scientific explanation. Only the sun forming on the 4th day is out of order. Besides that, the earth being that old just makes God more eternal. I believe the "days" were so that a bronze age man could understand things. They had no concept of 1 billion years, but a day they had a good handle on.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,919,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, the C part yes, the YE part no. I believe that the earth is 4.6 billion years old. That has no issue with God as the creator. The part of Genesis that details the creation is almost exactly the same order as the scientific explanation. Only the sun forming on the 4th day is out of order. Besides that, the earth being that old just makes God more eternal. I believe the "days" were so that a bronze age man could understand things. They had no concept of 1 billion years, but a day they had a good handle on.

Okay, thank you.

Upvote 0

KhlulHloo

It's not pronounced Kuh-THOO-loo
Nov 28, 2007
In a sunken city where the angles are wrong
✟8,709.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Degrees, CV's, "subjects Ive studied in depth", for me it's all kind of "meh".

Trying to get ideas and facts communicated is hard enough.
For example- listening to first years arguing that "you can't subtract a larger number from a smaller number" because that's what public education apparently taught them. Trying to explain how deceleration is acceleration and even taking a left turn at a slower speed at an intersection is acceleration (yes, over simplified, but it stands).
Just a couple of examples, and it grinds my gears.

I could post a "wall of text" regarding all the other things they have to be taught after public schooling, but I won't. This post is already too long.

I guess maybe getting my gears ground is my specialty :D

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟286,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I realized that one person's area of expertise can sometimes be another persons useless fantasy.

For example, a guy with a Ph. D in Christian systematic theology and another guy who is a Sanskrit scholar. Two different belief systems with two different doctrines.

Or a scripture scholar like, Bart Ehrman or Dominic Crossan and another who is more fundamentalistic in interpretation, (I am not familiar with them). Anyway, you see how all that in depth "knowledge" is really just opinion.

I think that can extend to many fields of study. Wherever there is disagreement about what is "known".

So it seems best to me to learn facts as best we can determine them, rather than opinion. We can argue about whether Genesis is to be taken literally or figuratively but we cannot argue about the narrative. We can argue about whether Job was an actual historical person or simply a fictional literary character, but we cannot argue about his story.

Upvote 0

Kale100

Jun 12, 2023
New England
✟12,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unofficial of course (unfortunately I haven't found a college with this degree).
Major: Archaeogenetics (archaeologists dig up bones > extract dna > infer migrations and genealogical relations and such among peoples)
Minor: Sumo wrestling

It seems like archaeology and genetics makes up quite a bit of the thread topics in this section, so hopefully I can be of some help in that regard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟562,221.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Academic - Physics, particularly electronic which is also chemistry, the dividing line is not clear, , Math modelling of complex, physical systems and dynamics. Optimal control and observers. Mathematical optimization. Novel semiconductor structures. Electomagnetics, Some astrophysics too. Image and Signal processing . Information theory, Data compression Coding etc.

All around Geek.
Built an oscilloscope when not even teenage, made own fireworks.,
Love complex puzzles .
Attention span of a gnat!
Decent chess player. (In fischer days) Lost interest. Bridge player. Lost interest,. Solved rubiks cube within days of ogetting, record time 20s to win a comp. Then lost interest. . Good golfer. Lost interest.

Insatiable reader on diverse subjects outside direct science, from philosophy of science, ( what can you know - highlighted by quantum models)
to monetary theories, whats wrong with EU economics, all business subjects including financial modelling, modelling of stockmarkets, to the psychology of persuasion and near death experiences!. Property development.

But my passion is..
Biographies of saints. Catholic apologetics. Why do they believe what they do?
And..
A comprehensive book collection on Shroud of Turin, And related eg Linceul, Sudarium , tilma of Guadelupe, Marian apparitions, Not just fatima lourdes but also such as kibeho, akita, betania and so on.
Marys house at ephesus, Lourdes healings, Eucharistic Miracles, Stigmata, Inedia, Inspired writing, and scientific evidence of potential miracles generally.
And the debunking of some eg civatecchia. Which annoys me.... the fake give a bad name to the genuine.
An entire book case just of those! So I guess I can reasonably claim to be an expert on what is known.
Read books In several languages, many of the books are only in eg portuguese , spanish, or french.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,919,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unofficial of course (unfortunately I haven't found a college with this degree).
Major: Archaeogenetics (archaeologists dig up bones > extract dna > infer migrations and genealogical relations and such among peoples)
Minor: Sumo wrestling

It seems like archaeology and genetics makes up quite a bit of the thread topics in this section, so hopefully I can be of some help in that regard.

Welcome to CF, Kale! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟562,221.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Figure this one out: OCT 31 = DEC 25.

Have you ever built a Rube-Goldberg machine?
Octal. Decimal at a guess.
i used to build ridiculous marble machines in my desk when I got bored!

One for you. Why are round manhole covers better than square?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,919,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Octal. Decimal at a guess.

i used to build ridiculous marble machines in my desk when I got bored!

Ever play Mouse Trap when you were a kid?

Mouse Trap (originally Mouse Trap Game) is a board game first published by Ideal in 1963 for two to four players. It is one of the first mass-produced three-dimensional board games. Players at first cooperate to build a working mouse trap in the style of a Rube Goldberg machine. Then, players turn against each other to trap opponents' mouse-shaped game pieces.

SOURCE

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Domestic cats;, of course! I have forgotten some information I read about them, but can guarantee I know more about feline nutrition than most veterinarians.

Well, I am not exactly a cat expert in the sense of the thread title, but for decades I have wanted to start a cat rescue organization.

Upvote 0