what's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Newbie
if God has a plan for me, and he knows anyway what's going to happen, why should i worry about choosing God now? why do my Christian friends and family worry and keep pestering me about 'being saved' when it's going to happen according to God's play anyway?
It is while it is called today that you may, "if you will, hear his voice, and harden not your heart, as in the day of provocation." It is today that the Spirit of God invites. It is today that the sweet voice of mercy is falling upon your ears. It is today that the heavenly invitation comes to you. It is today that in Heaven everything says, "Come. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And whosoever will, let him come and take of the water of life freely."

When the appeals of the Holy Spirit come to the heart, our only safety lies in responding to them without delay. When the call comes, "Go work today in My vineyard," do not refuse the invitation. "Today if ye will hear His voice, harden not your hearts." Heb. 4:7. It is unsafe to delay obedience. You may never hear the invitation again.

And let none flatter themselves that sins cherished for a time can easily be given up by and by. This is not so. Every sin cherished weakens the character and strengthens habit; and physical, mental, and moral depravity is the result.

Christ is ready to set us free from sin, but He does not force the will; and if by persistent transgression the will itself is wholly bent on evil, and we do not desire to be set free, if we will not accept His grace, what more can He do? We have destroyed ourselves by our determined rejection of His love.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
so you people think I should accept Christ just in case i die tomorrow? that's a stupid argument isn't it? shouldn't it be because i want to, not because you're scaring me of dying!

That's exactly right Newbie. I honestly find the fear tactic to be rather ridiculous. Nobody can scare you into becoming a Christian; no one can change your mind for you. It's not something that other people can "choose" for you. If that was true, then that would mean that other people could make the decision for you and save you, and Christians should remember that only God calls and saves.

But if/when the Holy Spirit truly calls you, you will convert because His Grace is irresistible, and then you will understand why we want you so much to be a part of Christ with us, and how much we love you. God will call you when He wishes, and if/when He does, He will have you.

But as far your family and friends are concerned, don't be so hard on them. What they're doing is a natural concern; they love you so very much! They want you to go to Heaven with them one day, and not end up in the other place where there is eternal pain and seperation from God.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Project 86

2. Why would you want to upset God by not fully accepting him and wanting to please him?

3. When you follow him all the time your prayers will begin to have more meaning. You'll feel more free to talk to him and you'll known you have a good relationship with him.

4. You'll be able to see more cleary the path God wants you to take the rest of your life which will help you both here on this earth and later in heaven.

That's just what I can come up when I'm half awake. If you need more just ask. :)

i'm still undecided about this god thing so for the moment pleasing him or not is not one of my priorities :p

i don't pray :holy:

i would like to walk my own path thank you :D

Upvote 0
Originally posted by humblejoe

That's exactly right Newbie. I honestly find the fear tactic to be rather ridiculous. Nobody can scare you into becoming a Christian; no one can change your mind for you. It's not something that other people can "choose" for you. If that was true, then that would mean that other people could make the decision for you and save you, and Christians should remember that only God calls and saves.

But if/when the Holy Spirit truly calls you, you will convert because His Grace is irresistible, and then you will understand why we want you so much to be a part of Christ with us, and how much we love you. God will call you when He wishes, and if/when He does, He will have you.

But as far your family and friends are concerned, don't be so hard on them. What they're doing is a natural concern; they love you so very much! They want you to go to Heaven with them one day, and not end up in the other place where there is eternal pain and seperation from God.

thank you humblejoe. if it happens and it's according to god's plan, it's going to happen. i would just like them to stop hassling me virtually all the time about it. why can't they trust in god instead of asking me about my salvation all the time?

Upvote 0

2002 Christian

Mar 12, 2002
USA
✟897.00
Newbie, today is the only day you have for sure. There are no guarantees for tomorrow. The victims of natural disasters, of terrorism, and of other man-made disasters had no idea their lives would come to an end when they did.

The question is: Do you hear God's voice TODAY?

btw, that photo in your profile indicates you are very cute, as suspected from your avatar. :) Are you of Korean, Chinese or Japanese descent? (I tried to email you, but you don't allow it, apparently. Sorry to make this public.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>> I should accept Christ just in case i die tomorrow?

Tomorrow means something a little bit different to God than what it means to us. The Bible says today is the day and now is the time of salvation. That means while you are here with us, we can show you the way of Salvation. At least I hope with God's help we can help you. To be sure, the Holy Spirit can guide you and lead you and show you the truth.

If you drift away then God may bring others into your life to help you, but He may not. In my 20 years of being a christian, I have seen enough people who were not given another chance. So I take it serious. All I know is we have today and this moment in time to help each other.

This is a wonderful time to learn about the love of God and the love that God has for you. It is that very love that will take the fear away. There is no fear in love.

There are people I will never see again, and never have another chance to help. But there are others who even if I do not see them in this life, I will see them again in Heaven. When we all come together in love to worship God, to give Him thanks, praise, honor and glory. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

ThienAn

Bench Press THIS!
Mar 5, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
✟8,733.00
Faith
Christian
so you people think I should accept Christ just in case i die tomorrow? that's a stupid argument isn't it? shouldn't it be because i want to, not because you're scaring me of dying!

I agree that is indeed not a very strong argument. In fact, the argument I usually present is the one that comes from the heart. The decision to submit to God should come from your heart and your soul; when you truly feel that He is standing outside, knocking on the door of your heart, just anxiously wanting to come in show you how wonderful it is to be one with Him.

But since you seem to have a great resistance, I have a different argument for you. Throw out that argument about "you may die tomorrow". You'll probably live until your late 90's. If you could wait until then to accept God, I bet you God will still be standing outside and waiting for you to open your heart to Him.

I guess the question for you now is that will you live until your late 90's? More importantly, will He still be standing there waiting for you? I could be wrong. I have faith & hope in Him that He patient & loving. But still, He is God and He can do whatever He wants.

Good luck & take care, Newbie.

ThienAn.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by 2002 Christian
Newbie, today is the only day you have for sure. There are no guarantees for tomorrow. The victims of natural disasters, of terrorism, and of other man-made disasters had no idea their lives would come to an end when they did.

The question is: Do you hear God's voice TODAY?

btw, that photo in your profile indicates you are very cute, as suspected from your avatar. :) Are you of Korean, Chinese or Japanese descent? (I tried to email you, but you don't allow it, apparently. Sorry to make this public.)

i do not hear any voices in my head today :scratch:

yes i am japanese :rolleyes:

i have turn off my email for family only :p

Upvote 0
Originally posted by ThienAn

I agree that is indeed not a very strong argument. In fact, the argument I usually present is the one that comes from the heart. The decision to submit to God should come from your heart and your soul; when you truly feel that He is standing outside, knocking on the door of your heart, just anxiously wanting to come in show you how wonderful it is to be one with Him.

But since you seem to have a great resistance, I have a different argument for you. Throw out that argument about "you may die tomorrow". You'll probably live until your late 90's. If you could wait until then to accept God, I bet you God will still be standing outside and waiting for you to open your heart to Him.

I guess the question for you now is that will you live until your late 90's? More importantly, will He still be standing there waiting for you? I could be wrong. I have faith & hope in Him that He patient & loving. But still, He is God and He can do whatever He wants.

Good luck & take care, Newbie.

ThienAn.

so what happens if i wait until i am 90 and then accept jesus just before i am about to die?

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"so what happens if i wait until i am 90 and then accept jesus just before i am about to die?" If you really do accept him and ask for forgivness etc you'll be going to Heaven (well God is only the true judge but it's a safe bet). Thing is WHY wait? Do you have a reason to wait? If so please tell us what it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThienAn

Bench Press THIS!
Mar 5, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
✟8,733.00
Faith
Christian

so what happens if i wait until i am 90 and then accept jesus just before i am about to die?

The bad thing about my argument is that you may die at 90, where you lie in your "death bed" thinking about it. Death may come at any time and you may not have a chance to think about it. But what's worse, He may not be there when you're ready to accept Him. It may already be too late by then.

Upvote 0

Rob

Feb 25, 2002
Visit site
✟320.00

If you wait until then you will miss out on the Joy of knowing Christ Now. Its a journey as much as a destination. There are many blssings along the way. Living within Gods will for your life is such a joyous existance. Sure you will have highs and lows but God carries you over the lows.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.