What video games are you currently playing?

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟319,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Playing Tears of the Kingdom. I feel the game looks better when you play it than watching videos, although it's a subtle difference.
I never completed the first one. Was a bit too aimless for me. Is the seaqual more focused?

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟153,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I never completed the first one. Was a bit too aimless for me. Is the seaqual more focused?
I'm a couple hours in. Just got to the surface about an hour ago. Since the game has the above area, the surface, and dungeons, it's much larger than BOTW. It seems more focused on puzzle solving and the sandbox aspect than the original. My biggest complaint personally is the breakable weapons. Wish they at least had a mode where weapons don't break. But I like Zelda stories and characters.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm a couple hours in. Just got to the surface about an hour ago. Since the game has the above area, the surface, and dungeons, it's much larger than BOTW. It seems more focused on puzzle solving and the sandbox aspect than the original. My biggest complaint personally is the breakable weapons. Wish they at least had a mode where weapons don't break. But I like Zelda stories and characters.

I want to download Tears Of The Kingdom, sadly I haven't gotten around to finish Breath Of The Wild, so I probably shouldn't.

Still mostly playing Stardew Valley... although I am starting to get a little fatigued with it. Reached 100 hours of play time (which is a lot for me). I'm sad because it was a good escapism game to play at the end of the day. Need to find something else to pick up the void.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟153,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I want to download Tears Of The Kingdom, sadly I haven't gotten around to finish Breath Of The Wild, so I probably shouldn't.

Still mostly playing Stardew Valley... although I am starting to get a little fatigued with it. Reached 100 hours of play time (which is a lot for me). I'm sad because it was a good escapism game to play at the end of the day. Need to find something else to pick up the void.
Are you a completionist type of gamer?

I tend to just do the main game and what side content I feel like. Otherwise, I wouldn't have finished BOTW either lol. You could say I treat the open world games like a buffet, doing what seems interesting and move on. 100 hours seems a lot to me too, but I played Animal Crossing a lot back in the day.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you a completionist type of gamer?

I tend to just do the main game and what side content I feel like. Otherwise, I wouldn't have finished BOTW either lol. You could say I treat the open world games like a buffet, doing what seems interesting and move on. 100 hours seems a lot to me too, but I played Animal Crossing a lot back in the day.

I'm not sure if I'd call myself a completionism gamer, but I do try to do everything I can in the game within reason. I also don't view strategy guides. If I complete around 90% of everything in a game, I usually feel satisfied. I have over 300 hours in Animal Crossing. Pretty much the game I bought the Switch for, lol.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟153,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not sure if I'd call myself a completionism gamer, but I do try to do everything I can in the game within reason. I also don't view strategy guides. If I complete around 90% of everything in a game, I usually feel satisfied. I have over 300 hours in Animal Crossing. Pretty much the game I bought the Switch for, lol.
300 hours is impressive lol. I think you are getting a good value from it. I suppose to 90% a game is pretty close to a completionist, especially when it comes to the more robust games with tons of missions. For the larger games I probably average between 50-100 hours gameplay and I'm still way behind on the games coming out. Oh well though, not really any reason to rush.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
300 hours is impressive lol. I think you are getting a good value from it. I suppose to 90% a game is pretty close to a completionist, especially when it comes to the more robust games with tons of missions. For the larger games I probably average between 50-100 hours gameplay and I'm still way behind on the games coming out. Oh well though, not really any reason to rush.

Yeah, 300 is really rare for me. The second game is probably Cities Skylines at like 250 hours. Although some games I played as a kid I imagine my total gaming time is probably 400+ hours.

For Animal Crossing, it's like 50% of all the gaming time I've had with Switch Games. Like 10 titles compared to one, although with Stardew Valley I think the scales are starting to tip.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟153,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I was unlocking a tower last night in Zelda. The objective was to find mushrooms in a cave. The guy says if you do this and give him the mushrooms he'll open the tower. When you go into the cave it's full of rocks in your way. To break them, you fuse a small rock to a weapon to smash the other rocks. I kept doing this and couldn't find any mushrooms.

Finally, I check a Youtube guide. They show you where you can ascend from the cave up into the tower. The mushrooms were a misdirect. Some spent an hour or more looking for the mushrooms. Everyone in the comments is baffled they would do this.

I knew the game would be huge. I didn't realize the game was also more difficult than BOTW. Quite a few enemies throw bombs that instakill, at least when you don't have many hearts. Maybe I wouldn't have got the game had I known. But at the moment I'm still having a pretty good time. There's definitely positive aspects to the game despite the frustrating parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: XianGoth1334
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Been playing some VR with a friend. Haven't used my VR in over a year and the updates were maddening but finally got it through.

Played for a good 5 hours and surprisingly didn't really have a headache until the very end. I find if I don't constantly adjust my VR headset my head can tolerate it a lot better.

Inspired me to get the PS5 VR. Just hope it's available in brick and mortar stores now. Would be nice to play a game with better graphics than what the Quest 2 can handle.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟153,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake

It's always nice to see a licensed game that has heart put into it. The gameplay and story isn't complex but it's fun and easy to get into. Simple is better sometimes. I can't remember Battle for Bikini Bottom well enough to closely compare the two, but this one definitely has more unique levels. I like that it does the costume thing like Super Mario Odyssey which gives you something to unlock.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟230,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am back to playing CS:GO and waiting for CS2. For single player I am back to Cyberpunk 2077 and waiting for the new expansion to drop. I tried out System Shock remake as well, alternating between Cyberpunk and System Shock when not playing csgo.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

One of the best RPGs, so glad to see it coming back better than ever.

Awesome. Never played Super Mario RPG before but I do love the Paper Mario series and it's a spiritual successor of it I've heard.

Just sad Nintendo didn't drop this game immediately like they did the Metroid Prime remaster.

Upvote 0