Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's what it's in the book. Even his 10 "commandments" are infested and tainted with this pathological jealousness.

or maybe that is just how you perceive it to be

Matt 6:19-24 (YLT)
`Treasure not up to yourselves treasures on the earth, where moth and rust disfigure, and where thieves break through and steal, but treasure up to yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth disfigure, and where thieves do not break through nor steal, for where your treasure is, there will be also your heart. `The lamp of the body is the eye, if, therefore, thine eye may be perfect, all thy body shall be enlightened, but if thine eye may be evil, all thy body shall be dark; if, therefore, the light that is in thee is darkness--the darkness, how great! `None is able to serve two lords, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will hold to the one, and despise the other; ye are not able to serve God and Mammon.

if you are good then you are good and if you are evil then you are evil, I don't judge you but God knows who you are and why you do what you do. I see one path that seems like many and so i'm not concerned for whether people trust in the bible to be good or not. if you hate God because he is evil, well good for you, you hate evil just like Jesus does.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
if you are good then you are good and if you are evil then you are evil, I don't judge you but God knows who you are and why you do what you do. I see one path that seems like many and so i'm not concerned for whether people trust in the bible to be good or not. if you hate God because he is evil, well good for you, you hate evil just like Jesus does.

I don't hate, or have any other particular emotions towards, entities I don't even consider to be real.

Regardless, my feelings about a certain character are wholy detached of wheter the character is real or not.

I can give you my opinion about Darth Vader and Spiderman as well, without believing they are real characters. I'm sure you can too.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't hate, or have any other particular emotions towards, entities I don't even consider to be real.

Regardless, my feelings about a certain character are wholy detached of wheter the character is real or not.

I can give you my opinion about Darth Vader and Spiderman as well, without believing they are real characters. I'm sure you can too.

i was in general speaking on the level of being and not thought patterns and belief systems. for instance i would have concerns for you if you loved darth vader for some irrational reason because that shows something about you but if you had rational reasons for why you loved him then it would also show something about your state of being. you could love him because he is powerful and you love power over others and that would be a completely different reason and state of being than if you loved him because of this scene, where he seems to have a great change occur in him:

i'm not a starwars fan, I dunno if that was real or not. regardless I admire the scene and it says something about what I am. merely believing in God does little compared to what you are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0