서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The nature of man? It cannot be altered and become essentially unnatural.

Man cannot defy his nature -- man is made a certain way, and God knows the way that we are, and although other things may influence it the very nature of man does not change.

Even in death, when his natural being ceases, this has also been a natural process brought to you by God.

Upvote 0

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Wisdom 25 or having your soul separated from your body and relocated to the negative energy plane.

Or what I took to be the underlying theme: "Torment."

I think we might have a winner. ;) Though I'm still interested in others' answers.

I personally chose "regret."

Upvote 0

stan1980

Veteran
Jan 7, 2008
✟12,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Gay-gay-gay-gay-gay.

Now that I have that out of the way, on to the real question. What can change the nature of a man (or woman)? Please explain your response.

Some possibilities:

• Love
  • Hatred
  • Power
  • Greed
  • Betrayal
  • Death
  • Regret - 16% (2)
  • Success
  • Nothing - 16% (2)

• ONLY a personal relationship with the Heavenly FATHER by way of the LORD JESUS CHRIST through the indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT - 8% (1)
  • Drugs - 8% (1)
  • Indoctrination/Brainwashing - 8% (1)
  • Injury/Illness - 8% (1)
  • Lobotomy - 16% (2)
  • Torment - 8% (1)

• Other? - 8% (1)

It's hard to pick one really, as any number of things can and does change us throughout life, but I've never seen someone change more than when either they have fallen in love or become successful.

There was a kid who lived next door to me when I was growing up. He was a nice boy, but didn't seem to have much luck or many friends. Anyway, I always found him to be a decent guy, that was until around the time he got to about 18. His skin cleared up, he lost the glasses, got a decent hair cut, and suddenly he started to attract attention from the opposite sex for the first time in his life. The change was quite remarkable, he'd gone from a spotty little teenager, to a very handsome young man. Unfortunately, his personality changed too. His arrogance became unbearable, he became cocky, and generally became just a complete prick in every shape and form. It's been a learning experience for me though, as whenever I notice arrogance creeping into my character, I try to remember what my neighbour was like, and think I don't want to end up like him. So yes, this is a story of how success can change.

Love can change people too, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. I've seen nice rational men fall in love and become like monsters due to their jealousy. I've also seen people who aren't so nice, mellow out a little once they find love.

So overall, I would say, from what I've seen in life, love changes people more than anything.

Upvote 0