What are your thoughts on a Tik Tok ban?

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I saw that data about books. Not many Americans read books sadly. :(
I would read all day if I could.. and I could, but I feel that God wants me to do other things. I tend to think he would approve of me reading up on Church issues and such. I was at a Catholic bookstore recently and saw a book on exorcisms, written by a real exorcist who recently passed on . It was fascinating reading about his first exorcism... levitation and the whole thing, but he said the levitation just happened at that first one, none after.. and he did hundreds (maybe thousands). I thought about buying the book, but, well, I am searching for God's will right now and have already read a book by this exorcist... God doesn't appear in a cloud and tell us what to do but... well, I'll let you know if I actually buy the book. Maybe people will want to know a few things? I'd probably finish it in 2 days, so I don't think that will mess things up in case God wants medoing something else... laugh

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟147,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would read all day if I could.. and I could, but I feel that God wants me to do other things. I tend to think he would approve of me reading up on Church issues and such. I was at a Catholic bookstore recently and saw a book on exorcisms, written by a real exorcist who recently passed on . It was fascinating reading about his first exorcism... levitation and the whole thing, but he said the levitation just happened at that first one, none after.. and he did hundreds (maybe thousands). I thought about buying the book, but, well, I am searching for God's will right now and have already read a book by this exorcist... God doesn't appear in a cloud and tell us what to do but... well, I'll let you know if I actually buy the book. Maybe people will want to know a few things? I'd probably finish it in 2 days, so I don't think that will mess things up in case God wants medoing something else... laugh
I need to read more also, but this forum can get distracting. :)

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
How so?

I tend to think (not sure this is what you mean?) that net forums are addictive. I don't even know why except that I don't have much of a social life, so sometimes I lean on folks at the forum for a social life. It's the coward's way out .. laugh.. easier than having a real friendship (well, sometimes easier. People tend to vent their frustrations on others a lot when on the net) :oops:

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟147,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How so?

I tend to think (not sure this is what you mean?) that net forums are addictive. I don't even know why except that I don't have much of a social life, so sometimes I lean on folks at the forum for a social life. It's the coward's way out .. laugh.. easier than having a real friendship (well, sometimes easier. People tend to vent their frustrations on others a lot when on the net) :oops:
I am trying to make friends, but with my mild autism, it can be difficult to make real-life Christian friends, and I am young. Not a lot of 20-somethings are Christian anymore. Today, I will try a 20-somethings group at my Catholic church. Hopefully it goes well.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
massively

CREEPY

What is wrong with people? Do they prefer looking cool (having this creepy thing) over having privacy? I've had nosey neighbors in the past and I can't even deal w/ that. Maybe I'm odd, but no, everyone needs privacy...

They don't realize where things are heading and for the most part you wouldn't know about this unless you're in crypto circles. A global id is on the horizon and biometrics are required in some places for immigration. The UK for instance.

You can't have privacy in a surveillance society and that's tied to social credit. We should be studying China in that regard. It's already there and the US will follow suit. If you look around your neighborhood you'll notice a difference in the light fixtures and traffic lights. New ones were installed in 2020 and they have cameras.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What about those of us who WOULD read 10 books or more but can't afford them? I know.. Go to the library. I often read the newspaper at the library but a lot of the time these days, there aren't conservative books to read.. not many. I guess I could check it out again, though. Then when u do check out a conservative book, liberal librarians (which is maybe 90% of them? I don't know) look @ you like you just kicked a kitten

A library card will give you access to the Libby app and Hoopla Digital which have additional titles.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I saw that data about books. Not many Americans read books sadly. :(

Books are required to cite their sources. But if you wanted to shape the populace you'd want to them to read online and watch videos. Understand?

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

You should prioritize real connections above the Internet. Even if they're difficult to find. Don't limit yourself to Catholics. Check out the non denominational churches in your area. They usually have a 20's group and you'll enjoy thefellowship.

Christians must develop the conception of opposites. When society moves in one direction we should do otherwise. That's the plan for the masses. Elites have always gathered and continue to do so.

Once I understood the metaverse and became aware of the technology on the horizon I changed course and prioritized r/t. Make no mistake, you're talking to strangers. You need people in your life who are invested in your betterment. They're the ones who'll support you and pray when you're need.

You may put a prayer on the prayer wall. But are they praying everyday? Are they lifting you up otherwise? That's what friends will do. The Internet has a place but it isn't a substitute for real connections.

~bella

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟147,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should prioritize real connections above the Internet. Even if they're difficult to find. Don't limit yourself to Catholics. Check out the non denominational churches in your area. They usually have a 20's group and you'll enjoy thefellowship.

Christians must develop the conception of opposites. When society moves in one direction we should do otherwise. That's the plan for the masses. Elites have always gathered and continue to do so.

Once I understood the metaverse and became aware of the technology on the horizon I changed course and prioritized r/t. Make no mistake, you're talking to strangers. You need people in your life who are invested in your betterment. They're the ones who'll support you and pray when you're need.

You may put a prayer on the prayer wall. But are they praying everyday? Are they lifting you up otherwise? That's what friends will do. The Internet has a place but it isn't a substitute for real connections.

~bella
Don't get me started on a rant about why Facebook's Metaverse is bad. Also, I only use CF and no other social media, as others are toxic.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟147,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Books are required to cite their sources. But if you wanted to shape the populace you'd want to them to read online and watch videos. Understand?

~bella
I just got a book today. A sci-fi one by Greg Bear called Darwin's Radio about the implications of genetics.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't get me started on a rant about why Facebook's Metaverse is bad. Also, I only use CF and no other social media, as others are toxic.

The Metaverse is evil and the most popular topics on CF are politics and news but it's Christian. A relationship with God is experiential. It's beyond theories and postulations. In matters of faith I'm more attracted to the former. The world is full of talkers but a person who's developed a relationship with the Lord produces the sweetest fruit like @Christsfreeservant.

Her devotionals are the result of time with God. You can't produce on that scale without it. Posting articles is easy. It doesn't require a lot of forethought and it's a talking point. But when you craft your own and your meditations are the subject to God be glory. You're bearing witness to your fellowship.

I'm leery of believers who spend more time sharing other peoples thoughts than their own. I'm leery of believers who don't have a consistent pattern of sharing experiences. The things we do influence our conversation. I want to be edified.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just got a book today. A sci-fi one by Greg Bear called Darwin's Radio about the implications of genetics.

Good for you. I keep track of my reading on Goodreads. They have a lot of groups you might be interested in that are pretty active.

~bella

• Informative
Upvote 0

SMTA

Jul 28, 2023
Ohio
✟16,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was really appreciating Fox News' commentary about Tik tok and how dangerous it is to the US

But then I saw an ad on Fox for Tik Tok!

Wow! I don't get that at all. The Chinese are spying on us through that venue, gathering info. We all have to remember that China is our enemy and they are NOT Christian (though some of their everyday people are)
Prove that China is spying through Tik Tok.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟147,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good for you. I keep track of my reading on Goodreads. They have a lot of groups you might be interested in that are pretty active.

~bella
I keep track of my books on a document. :) Much more secure that way. I can ask my local AI (it is free, made by a French company named Mistral) on my laptop which books are good, or even ask my manager at work, cos he likes sci-fi, the same genres as myself.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟147,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Metaverse is evil and the most popular topics on CF are politics and news but it's Christian. A relationship with God is experiential. It's beyond theories and postulations. In matters of faith I'm more attracted to the former. The world is full of talkers but a person who's developed a relationship with the Lord produces the sweetest fruit like @Christsfreeservant.

Her devotionals are the result of time with God. You can't produce on that scale without it. Posting articles is easy. It doesn't require a lot of forethought and it's a talking point. But when you craft your own and your meditations are the subject to God be glory. You're bearing witness to your fellowship.

I'm leery of believers who spend more time sharing other peoples thoughts than their own. I'm leery of believers who don't have a consistent pattern of sharing experiences. The things we do influence our conversation. I want to be edified.

~bella
I do not know @Christsfreeservant , so I can not make any comment on her. For me, I do not post articles often as an OP, but summarize the articles that others post, so that people actually read the articles by @Michie and others. So many people only read the first paragraph of the articles, or even just the headlines nowadays, it seems. But yeah, edification in the Lord is important.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not know @Christsfreeservant , so I can not make any comment on her. For me, I do not post articles often as an OP, but summarize the articles that others post, so that people actually read the articles by @Michie and others. So many people only read the first paragraph of the articles, or even just the headlines nowadays, it seems. But yeah, edification in the Lord is important.
Edification can be a varied buffet. There are many topics that do not edify or educate all of us. I could go on but we are not all in the same place spiritually, etc.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟147,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Edification can be a varied buffet. There are many topics that do not edify or educate all of us. I could go on but we are not all in the same place spiritually, etc.
That is true. I will elaborate on your reply, as not everyone gets the gist of spiritual edification. This is a handy list I made, showing the different ways one can be spiritually edified.

[cracks knuckles, and begins to type a long response, well actually, I do not crack my knuckles]:

Christian spiritual edification, or the process of growing in one's relationship with God and deepening one's faith, can indeed be a varied buffet due to the unique spiritual journeys and growth of each individual believer. This variability stems from several factors:

1. Different levels of maturity: Christians come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and levels of understanding regarding their faith. Some may be new believers who are just beginning to explore the basics of Christianity, while others may have been following Christ for decades and have a more in-depth knowledge and experience of spiritual matters. As a result, their spiritual edification needs will vary greatly.

2. Individual gifts and callings: The Holy Spirit distributes spiritual gifts to believers as He sees fit (1 Corinthians 12:11). These gifts can include wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, and others. Each Christian's unique spiritual giftedness influences their growth and the areas in which they are most effectively equipped to serve and be edified.

3. Varied areas of focus: Christians may have different emphases or areas of spiritual growth that they are particularly drawn to. Some may be called to study the Bible in-depth, while others may feel led to focus on prayer, evangelism, or serving the needs of their community. These differences in emphasis can lead to a varied spiritual buffet as believers seek to grow in different aspects of their faith.

4. Life circumstances: Christians face various trials, challenges, and seasons throughout their lives that can impact their spiritual growth. Some may be going through a difficult period of suffering or grief, while others may be experiencing prosperity and abundance. These circumstances can influence the type and depth of spiritual nourishment that individuals require.

5. Cultural and denominational differences: Christianity is a diverse global faith with various denominations, traditions, and cultural expressions. These differences can shape the way Christians approach spiritual growth, leading to varying perspectives and practices regarding edification.

6. Personal preferences: Lastly, personal preferences can influence the spiritual buffet that Christians partake in. Some may prefer more traditional or liturgical forms of worship and teaching, while others may be drawn to contemporary or charismatic expressions. These preferences can lead to a wide range of spiritual edification options within the broader Christian community.

The varied nature of Christian spiritual edification is essential as believers come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and stages in their faith journey. Embracing this diversity can lead to a richer spiritual experience for all involved as each individual is able to grow and be nourished in the unique ways that God designed for them.

• Winner
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do not know @Christsfreeservant , so I can not make any comment on her. So many people only read the first paragraph of the articles, or even just the headlines nowadays, it seems. But yeah, edification in the Lord is important.

You can read her writings on the devotional thread.

I produce content for a living and know how long it takes to read a piece. I prioritize books over the Internet for several reasons. Most notably time management. That's how hours are squandered and a person wonders where did the time go or what did I do.

When I want to learn something I read a book. If I want to go further I continue reading and discover the experts. If I need to know more I'll work with them. My time in finance taught me an important principle I've never abandoned.

The people who run the world live differently. They're more disciplined and attentive to their actions than others. They know the value of time and understand it isn't endless. They live with ROI in mind and it influences their pursuits and I do the same.

I read over a 100 books a year and take my share of classes and participate in masterminds. That's how I stay informed and ahead. We're in an end time season and I'm buying up the moments and moving strategically. That's my method to reach the mark I'm pursuing and how I choose to run my race.

But no two are the same. We're going to have different perspectives, priorities and so on. There's a lot that hits my ear because of my work, connections or financial ties that influences my behavior. While I may share a reason for my thoughts and actions. I'll never tell all.

There's things we have to discover on our own and I don't believe in spoon feeding. And I don't like sharing everything I know.

~bella

• Agree
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is true. I will elaborate on your reply, as not everyone gets the gist of spiritual edification. This is a handy list I made, showing the different ways one can be spiritually edified.

[cracks knuckles, and begins to type a long response, well actually, I do not crack my knuckles]:

Christian spiritual edification, or the process of growing in one's relationship with God and deepening one's faith, can indeed be a varied buffet due to the unique spiritual journeys and growth of each individual believer. This variability stems from several factors:

1. Different levels of maturity: Christians come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and levels of understanding regarding their faith. Some may be new believers who are just beginning to explore the basics of Christianity, while others may have been following Christ for decades and have a more in-depth knowledge and experience of spiritual matters. As a result, their spiritual edification needs will vary greatly.

2. Individual gifts and callings: The Holy Spirit distributes spiritual gifts to believers as He sees fit (1 Corinthians 12:11). These gifts can include wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, and others. Each Christian's unique spiritual giftedness influences their growth and the areas in which they are most effectively equipped to serve and be edified.

3. Varied areas of focus: Christians may have different emphases or areas of spiritual growth that they are particularly drawn to. Some may be called to study the Bible in-depth, while others may feel led to focus on prayer, evangelism, or serving the needs of their community. These differences in emphasis can lead to a varied spiritual buffet as believers seek to grow in different aspects of their faith.

4. Life circumstances: Christians face various trials, challenges, and seasons throughout their lives that can impact their spiritual growth. Some may be going through a difficult period of suffering or grief, while others may be experiencing prosperity and abundance. These circumstances can influence the type and depth of spiritual nourishment that individuals require.

5. Cultural and denominational differences: Christianity is a diverse global faith with various denominations, traditions, and cultural expressions. These differences can shape the way Christians approach spiritual growth, leading to varying perspectives and practices regarding edification.

6. Personal preferences: Lastly, personal preferences can influence the spiritual buffet that Christians partake in. Some may prefer more traditional or liturgical forms of worship and teaching, while others may be drawn to contemporary or charismatic expressions. These preferences can lead to a wide range of spiritual edification options within the broader Christian community.

The varied nature of Christian spiritual edification is essential as believers come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and stages in their faith journey. Embracing this diversity can lead to a richer spiritual experience for all involved as each individual is able to grow and be nourished in the unique ways that God designed for them.
Absolutely. There are certain things I look for that raise flags. I won’t go into detail but they are pretty obvious. I avoid those things that are under the guise of helping and taking every opportunity to toot one’s own horn. Does the advice or focus ever change? If not, I’m out. Does anything ever change? If not, I’m out. Point being that we are all at differing points in our journeys and fulfilling our callings to the best of our abilities. I’m more about edification in the faith I follow and keeping people aware as well on what’s happening to help navigate through minefields while walking it. I do not begrudge anyone as to where they are at in their journey and I expect the same. I post not for recognition but because I wish there had been the same full picture when I was converting to the faith I have now which led to a lot of disappointment in the beginning. I’m all about avoiding that culture shock for others. So I do not try to polish anything. We are all individuals and have our different needs and interests that help us along the way.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟147,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely. There are certain things I look for that raise flags. I won’t go into detail but they are pretty obvious. I avoid those things that are under the guise of helping and taking every opportunity to toot one’s own horn. Does the advice or focus ever change? If not, I’m out. Does anything ever change? If not, I’m out. Point being that we are all at differing points in our journeys and fulfilling our callings to the best of our abilities. I’m more about edification in the faith I follow and keeping people aware as well on what’s happening to help navigate through minefields while walking it. I do not begrudge anyone as to where they are at in their journey and I expect the same. I post not for recognition but because I wish there had been the same full picture when I was converting to the faith I have now which led to a lot of disappointment in the beginning. I’m all about avoiding that culture shock for others. So I do not try to polish anything. We are all individuals and have our different needs and interests that help us along the way.
I completely understand and agree with your perspective. It's important to be discerning when seeking advice or guidance, especially if it feels like it's being presented under the guise of helping but with an ulterior motive. I also value authenticity and transparency, especially when it comes to sharing experiences and insights within our faith communities. We are all on unique journeys, and it's crucial that we support each other in growing and navigating through the challenges that come our way. I admire your commitment to edification and avoiding shock for others, and I hope that we can continue to learn and grow together in a supportive and authentic way. :)

• Winner
Upvote 0