✟8,357.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget that Paul was a
Yes, but first we have to be saved. And even then, we won't live in perfect obedience as we still have a sinful nature. That of course does not excuse sin, as even when saved, sin is still deadly, and has terrible consequences

Well that's where I'm simply going to stop you. We learn from the parable of the sower, the virgins, and the talents, that the believer needs to pass a threshold before he can bear fruit, or enter the kingdom, or be a faithful servant. It is, of course, all by the Grace of God, no doubt about it.

I know you did not. I'm just putting it out there as there is many people who think water baptism saves.
That's because they have the wrong understanding of salvation (haven't worked it out).

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟93,885.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well that's where I'm simply going to stop you. We learn from the parable of the sower, the virgins, and the talents, that the believer needs to pass a threshold before he can bear fruit, or enter the kingdom, or be a faithful servant. It is, of course, all by the Grace of God, no doubt about it.
We are filthy sinners, we do not produce fruit. The fruit is the Holy Spirit. Look at John 15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

Father is the Vinedresser, Son is the Vine, Holy Spirit is the Fruit, we are just a branch. But there is no life in us, we are dead, we produce nothing. God by His grace takes us, and puts us in the Vine (Jesus) which gives us life. This is salvation.

What threshold you want to pass? Jesus done it all on the cross. Either you accept that He was sacrificed for you or don't. All you can do is come to Jesus and ask Him to forgive you. I'm not saying He will, but He is the only one who can, as Father gave Him the authority to do so (John 17 2).

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,357.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We are filthy sinners, we do not produce fruit. The fruit is the Holy Spirit. Look at John 15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

Father is the Vinedresser, Son is the Vine, Holy Spirit is the Fruit, we are just a branch. But there is no life in us, we are dead, we produce nothing. God by His grace takes us, and puts us in the Vine (Jesus) which gives us life. This is salvation.

You are correct.

What threshold you want to pass? Jesus done it all on the cross. Either you accept that He was sacrificed for you or don't. All you can do is come to Jesus and ask Him to forgive you. I'm not saying He will, but He is the only one who can, as Father gave Him the authority to do so (John 17 2).

So if we take for instance the parable of the sower, where the word of God came to different people, how is it that they were not all saved?

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can live a comfortable life - somewhat - and still be unsaved. Like the parable of the Pharasee and the tax collector.

You can be filthy rich, and live a fantastic life, courtesy of the Devil.

In contrast, as a Believer born again, you can be given "power to get wealth", and have full access to "God's riches in Glory".
So, in that case, you have access to abundant finances, wealth, and access to "treasure of wisdom and knowledge" that are found In Christ.

I believe there is a water by the Word. The Roman soldier who struck Jesus got to experience it. We can all experience it.

That Roman Solder stabbed DEAD Jesus.
That's the situation you are trying to describe.

And Jesus told the woman at the well, .....while Jesus was ALIVE..... that He is the Living Water.

Well except the blood of animals cannot remove sin, therefore they cannot be virgins.

That makes no sense., what you posted.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,357.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You can be filthy rich, and live a fantastic life, courtesy of the Devil.

It's only on the surface. You and I know their miserable state of being.

In contrast, as a Believer born again, you can be given "power to get wealth", and have full access to "God's riches in Glory".
So, in that case, you have access to abundant finances, wealth, and access to "treasure of wisdom and knowledge" that are found In Christ.

I don't care actually, God takes me wherever he wants. But yeah, there are blessings.

That Roman Solder stabbed DEAD Jesus.
That's the situation you are trying to describe.

So DEAD Jesus healed his eye sight, talk about a miracle.

And Jesus told the woman at the well, .....while Jesus was ALIVE..... that He is the Living Water.

I think he said, The water which I will give you. This was literally poured on the Roman guard.

That makes no sense., what you posted.

If Jews can be virgins by the power of the Law, whence the need for Christ?

Upvote 0