Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I think it's going to be interesting to see how this scenario plays out. If I were Biden, I would immediately call on Congress to setup a commission to study this event, and come up with solutions to fix it. If that means switching over to a US Cryptocurrency, or Bitcoin to operate in real time, so be it.

Careful attention needs to be put on the communications going on between Robinhood, Citadel and between any other parties that refused to allow the purchase of the specific stocks which were blocked.

It still smells like there is something rotten under the hood here, and nothing short of full congressional investigation will be required to get to the bottom of it.

If there was any financial collusion between brokers and hedge funds, people should be held criminally accountable.

I need a big bag of popcorn for this fiasco.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟498,809.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Now they're doing silver....this is crazy, and awesome
There's talk on WSB that the "silver squeeze" is actually an engineered phenomenon that's meant as a diversion tactic. Something about a media campaign, too. Nobody is actually talking about silver, they are still focused on AMC and GME.

• Agree
Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟890,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's talk on WSB that the "silver squeeze" is actually an engineered phenomenon that's meant as a diversion tactic. Something about a media campaign, too. Nobody is actually talking about silver, they are still focused on AMC and GME.

Yes, if you search on silver many news outlets are running the story, attributing it to Reddit. If you go to Reddit you see that some of the top trending stories are saying NOT to buy silver. And the top story when I went was from Wall Street Bets still focusing on Gamestop, etc.

There were some posts in the last few days indicating silver. However, it was warned against by many as a diversion for two reasons.

1. Citadel, one of the big targets of the group, holds lots of silver. So if they boost silver Citadel can make money back that it lost on the shorts of Gamestop, etc.

2. People might redirect their money from Gamestop, etc. to silver.

Citadel Silver Holding Exposes Rifts in WallStreetBets Army

Citadel Advisors LLC owned about 6 million shares of the iShares Silver Trust as of Sept. 30, equivalent to a 0.93% stake, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

While these holdings may well be related to its role as one of the world’s largest market makers -- the firm also held shares in at least 17 other silver companies and ETFs

Moreover, the silver market would be harder to push up. And the amount it has gone up so far, while not insignificant, is not necessarily showing the same kind of targeting as the earlier stocks.

I would post screenshots of the trending posts on Reddit's main page, but they use quite a bit of profanity.

Either all of these news outlets just don't fact check by visiting Reddit, or latch on to a few less popular comments, or are working with the big traders to help them boost the Silver market by influencing those who don't go to Reddit regularly.

One of the complaints about the hedge fund folks to start with was that they would at times use the media to help them short, etc. And this silver push seems way more driven by the media right now than Reddit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟498,809.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yes, if you search on silver many news outlets are running the story, attributing it to Reddit. If you go to Reddit you see that some of the top trending stories are saying NOT to buy silver. And the top story when I went was from Wall Street Bets still focusing on Gamestop, etc.

There were some posts in the last few days indicating silver. However, it was warned against by many as a diversion for two reasons.

1. Citadel, one of the big targets of the group, holds lots of silver. So if they boost silver Citadel can make money back that it lost on the shorts of Gamestop, etc.

2. People might redirect their money from Gamestop, etc. to silver.

Citadel Silver Holding Exposes Rifts in WallStreetBets Army

Citadel Advisors LLC owned about 6 million shares of the iShares Silver Trust as of Sept. 30, equivalent to a 0.93% stake, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

While these holdings may well be related to its role as one of the world’s largest market makers -- the firm also held shares in at least 17 other silver companies and ETFs

Moreover, the silver market would be harder to push up. And the amount it has gone up so far, while not insignificant, is not necessarily showing the same kind of targeting as the earlier stocks.

I would post screenshots of the trending posts on Reddit's main page, but they use quite a bit of profanity.

Either all of these news outlets just don't fact check by visiting Reddit, or latch on to a few less popular comments, or are working with the big traders to help them boost the Silver market by influencing those who don't go to Reddit regularly.

One of the complaints about the hedge fund folks to start with was that they would at times use the media to help them short, etc. And this silver push seems way more driven by the media right now than Reddit.
Makes me wonder if Trump was right when he called the main stream media "the enemy of the people".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are also posts on Reddit WSB showing that bots are posting on their stream trying to divert them. Besides the stock market, this is showing how much of media & online activities is nothing but a war game for $ & ideology.

• Agree
Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0