Farmington
✟32,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh wonderful: Don't you love the internet. Wars are won by secrets. Just go ahead and tell Russia, hey there's American veterans fighting in Ukraine. In fact they're killing Russian soldiers.
If US Vets are going to fight in Ukraine, just go and SHUT UP! Well, now the cats out of the bag, and it's not even the first one. Give an interview so it can be blabbed all over the world. Even talks about tactics. Sheer stupidity!

American sniper in Ukraine says he couldn't care less about expensive weapons like tanks. 'Give me artillery' and ammo, he says.

American sniper in Ukraine says he couldn't care less about expensive weapons like tanks. 'Give me artillery' and ammo, he says. (There's a cuss word in the article, I'm not posting that part. Goes to show how the West just don't care if they throw horrible profanity out in public media))

An American veteran fighting in Ukraine said soldiers were desperate for artillery and ammunition. He doesn't care about getting more expensive equipment like tanks right now because that isn't what they need most, he added.

Jonathan Poquette told Business Insider that Ukraine's ammunition shortages meant its soldiers had to become much pickier about which targets to hit, even sometimes not engaging groups of advancing Russians that they would have hit earlier in Russia's invasion.

He said they stopped firing on small groups of advancing Russian soldiers like they would have earlier in the conflict.

"It started getting to the point to where if the group was small enough that was assaulting, then the Ukrainians would evaluate it and be like, 'Well, it's only two or three guys, maybe four. Is that really worth an artillery round or a mortar round?'" he said.

Instead, they would consider whether the infantry could take them on. That strategy puts greater risks on Ukraine's soldiers.

• Informative
Reactions: Vambram

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟145,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh wonderful: Don't you love the internet. Wars are won by secrets. Just go ahead and tell Russia, hey there's American veterans fighting in Ukraine. In fact they're killing Russian soldiers.
If US Vets are going to fight in Ukraine, just go and SHUT UP! Well, now the cats out of the bag, and it's not even the first one. Give an interview so it can be blabbed all over the world. Even talks about tactics. Sheer stupidity!

American sniper in Ukraine says he couldn't care less about expensive weapons like tanks. 'Give me artillery' and ammo, he says.

American sniper in Ukraine says he couldn't care less about expensive weapons like tanks. 'Give me artillery' and ammo, he says. (There's a cuss word in the article, I'm not posting that part. Goes to show how the West just don't care if they throw horrible profanity out in public media))

An American veteran fighting in Ukraine said soldiers were desperate for artillery and ammunition. He doesn't care about getting more expensive equipment like tanks right now because that isn't what they need most, he added.

Jonathan Poquette told Business Insider that Ukraine's ammunition shortages meant its soldiers had to become much pickier about which targets to hit, even sometimes not engaging groups of advancing Russians that they would have hit earlier in Russia's invasion.

He said they stopped firing on small groups of advancing Russian soldiers like they would have earlier in the conflict.

"It started getting to the point to where if the group was small enough that was assaulting, then the Ukrainians would evaluate it and be like, 'Well, it's only two or three guys, maybe four. Is that really worth an artillery round or a mortar round?'" he said.

Instead, they would consider whether the infantry could take them on. That strategy puts greater risks on Ukraine's soldiers.
Man, was is sickening, no matter whose side you are on.

For those who want a quick take, and want to know how many shells Ukraine needs to fight off Putin's regime, a summary is displayed below:

The article by Sinéad Baker, published on Apr 1, 2024, in Business Insider focuses on the urgent need for artillery and ammunition in Ukraine's ongoing conflict against Russia. The article features an interview with American veteran Jonathan Poquette, a sniper serving with Chosen Company in the Ukrainian army's 59th Motorized Brigade.

Poquette emphasizes that Ukraine's soldiers are desperate for ammunition, grenades, mortars, and other types of munitions to effectively engage the Russian forces. He believes that while tanks and vehicles do matter, they are overshadowed by the immediate need for ammunition.

Ukraine has been receiving various types of military aid from its allies, including tanks and armored vehicles. However, the article highlights that these deliveries came after lengthy debates and that artillery and ammunition have had a more decisive impact on the battlefield.

The article also discusses Ukraine's critical shortages of ammunition due to insufficient help from its allies, particularly in the context of House Republicans stalling a $60 billion aid package. The article notes that Ukraine needs around 75,000-90,000 artillery shells per month (that is a huge number) to sustain the war defensively and more than double that for a major offensive.

Poquette explains that Ukrainian soldiers have had to become choosier when engaging targets and are rationing their ammunition, leading them to pass on some targets. The lack of ammunition has forced Ukraine's soldiers to plan for survival rather than long-term success and trapped them in a cycle of not getting enough Western help to plan for when new aid arrives.

The article also touches upon the issue of Europe's insufficient ammunition production and the European Commission's efforts to fast-track arms manufacturing, including artillery ammunition. The article concludes by mentioning that Ukraine has been increasing its own weapons manufacturing but faces challenges from Russia's advantages in personnel, materiel, and resources.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There have been US citizens and other foreign volunteers fighting for Ukraine since the beginning of the current invasion and it hasn't been a secret.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟145,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There have been US citizens and other foreign volunteers fighting for Ukraine since the beginning of the current invasion and it hasn't been a secret.
Agreed. Even I knew that Ukraine has volunteers who fight, and I rarely read the news. Since joining CF, I have started reading the news more, as the discussion sections here are fascinating. The OP might be exaggerating and pulling stuff out of thin air on things, extrapolating something that the article did not even say. He probably did not read the article in full. The article discusses how many shells Ukraine needs, and how volunteer soldiers from different countries such as the US have joined the fight. Nothing in the article says that Ukraine's foreign volunteers are a secret.

This is why my civic duty here on CF is to summarize news articles, so that people make educated comments.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I bet they are really good at it. I hope the Russian people know that too.

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟280,042.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

If US Vets are going to fight in Ukraine, just go and SHUT UP!Well, now the cats out of the bag, and it's not even the first one. Give an interview so it can be blabbed all over the world. Even talks about tactics. Sheer stupidity!

This is hardly a secret.

Volunteers of many nations have been fighting for Ukraine (and Russia) since the start of the war.

That includes US veterans. They've been giving interviews about their experiences since the first weeks of the conflict. It's been reported in some of the largest media organisations in the US:

US and other western soldiers have been fighting in Ukraine since well before the 2022 invasion. US veterans have been involved in the fighting in the Donbas region since (at least) 2015.

The Ukrainians even formed a 'Foreign Legion' of sorts. You can sign up if you're inclined:

It's questionable how effective it has been as a fighting unit. The smaller company to battalion sized 'national' units seem to be operating much more effectively.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

And I wouldn’t have heard a word about this, except for the OP bringing it to my attention.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟121,382.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
... Well no manure Sherlock!
:tongueclosed: If you think that's a secret, you haven't followed anything going on in the war at all. There's been ton of reporting on the volunteers and even videos on YouTube. Remember watching an interesting one from some Finnish volunteers about their encounter with a BMP-2 (they lacked AT weapons with them at the moment from what I remember) and their evacuation of wounded from the site.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0