Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is being delivered to us as the news is instead being delivered as irresponsible, sensationalist, public panic articles. (terrorist plots that could, but never come to pass). Never positive news articles, but always negative. Almost everything causes cancer. Economic Treason is sugar coated as outsourcing. Cussing is now heard in animated cartoons and on 'family shows' . Worst of all...............lying is now the daily norm by the weather personel! I am not talking about occasional mistakes that trained professionals make. About the weather personel, I am talking about the technology that is available in more abundance with each passing year, yet they are not near as accurate as the personel 35yrs. ago! NOTE: years ago if there was a 30% chance of something happening with the weather...it happened. Today if there is a 40% chance of something happening, most of the time it doesn't.

So all this and much, much, more, appears that it could be some sort of a 'conditioning' to prepare us for something. At least to me.

ChristianDude777

Apr 14, 2005
Georgia
✟16,919.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Stinker said:
So all this and much, much, more, appears that it could be some sort of a 'conditioning' to prepare us for something. At least to me.

Grace and peace to you,

While you're onto more than you realize, if you open that can of worms, expect a good lashing from some of your Christian brethern.

I tried my hardest to lay out strong evidence of what you've gotten a glimpse of and no one wanted to blelieve it. I never even got started good till I finally "shook the dust off my feet."

If you think you're ready to see what's behind the veil (so to speak) I could paint a picture for you but honestly, it's a big pill to swallow.

Tim L.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Notice how the answer to every problem the MSM reports on is "government should do something, government hasn't done enough."

Notice how all the waste in government is in certain departments. The Pentagon is #1. But military spending pales in comparision to social spending. The "Fleecing of America" rarely, if every, has reported on waste in HUD, HHS, the Department of Education.

Now and then try a google news search on "teacher arrested". After a few months, it becomes clear there is a larger problem of abuse in government schools than there was with the clergy. I searched twice a week all during 2001. Over 200 cases. Some absolutely horrible. The NYC system alone reports, on average, one case a day of children being molested by school employees. But is this a national problem? Nope. The MSM refuses to put it all together. Cases are reported piecemeal if they are reported at all.

Upvote 0

Marissa

Feb 15, 2004
✟16,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stinker said:
Worst of all...............lying is now the daily norm by the weather personel! I am not talking about occasional mistakes that trained professionals make. About the weather personel, I am talking about the technology that is available in more abundance with each passing year, yet they are not near as accurate as the personel 35yrs. ago! NOTE: years ago if there was a 30% chance of something happening with the weather...it happened. Today if there is a 40% chance of something happening, most of the time it doesn't.

If you're going to bring about global propoganda, the weather is the topic to do it on.

Upvote 0

jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Stinker said:
What is being delivered to us as the news is instead being delivered as irresponsible, sensationalist, public panic articles. (terrorist plots that could, but never come to pass). Never positive news articles, but always negative. Almost everything causes cancer. Economic Treason is sugar coated as outsourcing. Cussing is now heard in animated cartoons and on 'family shows' . Worst of all...............lying is now the daily norm by the weather personel! I am not talking about occasional mistakes that trained professionals make. About the weather personel, I am talking about the technology that is available in more abundance with each passing year, yet they are not near as accurate as the personel 35yrs. ago! NOTE: years ago if there was a 30% chance of something happening with the weather...it happened. Today if there is a 40% chance of something happening, most of the time it doesn't.

Call us legalistic or whatever, but these are some of the reasons that in my fellowship, those in public ministries are not permitted to own a tv or have one in their homes. For these same folks, we also disallow going to the movies or renting or purchasing them. Television is the manhole cover to the sewage that the media tries to pump into our homes. It's a "one-eyed demon", that hellevision!

Upvote 0

ChristianDude777

Apr 14, 2005
Georgia
✟16,919.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
jlujan69 said:
Call us legalistic or whatever, but these are some of the reasons that in my fellowship, those in public ministries are not permitted to own a tv or have one in their homes. For these same folks, we also disallow going to the movies or renting or purchasing them. Television is the manhole cover to the sewage that the media tries to pump into our homes. It's a "one-eyed demon", that hellevision!

This is actually a good idea. I'm not so sure I'd try to enforce anything like this onto those in the ministry but it is better, I believe, to be this way.

Smith Wigglesworth supposedly wouldn't even allow a newspaper into his home. I also think the Bible was the only thing he ever read.

Tim L.

Upvote 0

jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maccie said:
If you don't take a newspaper, how can you pray around the world? :scratch:

And why don't you try and get BBC World news on your TVs? It would give you a wider outlook. :wave:

You all sound a bit paranoid to me!:eek: But I am sure you are sincere.

Well, one is not prohibited from watching tv, only from having one in his home. On the occasion I do watch the "tube", it's usually CNN or Fox or the weather channel (if a typhoon is headed my way). We also get our news from other sources. I'm not required to abide by the regs cited (since I'm not in the ministry) in my previous post, but I find that doing so anyway has helped my walk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael5084

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2005
South, U. S. A
✟10,817.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
jlujan69 said:
Well, one is not prohibited from watching tv, only from having one in his home. On the occasion I do watch the "tube", it's usually CNN or Fox or the weather channel (if a typhoon is headed my way). We also get our news from other sources. I'm not required to abide by the regs cited (since I'm not in the ministry) in my previous post, but I find that doing so anyway has helped my walk.

I agree! FOX NEWS is good.:thumbsup: TWC is good.:thumbsup: CNN is very very BAD!:mad:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.