Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 10:29
    Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I do not hear very many people today talk this way. What is Paul talking about when he says there are people who "trodden under foot the Son of God"?

It looks like in verse 26, he is talking about people who know the truth, yet they continue to sin, or they continue in their sin, in full knowledge of the truth.

Not to say that God does not punish those who sin in ignorance, but I think there is a verse somewhere that those who sin in ignorance do not receive as much of a punishment as those who sin knowing that what they are doing is wrong and a sin.

My son use to say: Would it not be better to be ignorant of the truth? Not really, your still going to get punished & perhaps perish. Better to do what is right, good, proper and true and receive a reward.

Why get all beaten 'tell your all black and blue for doing evil. When God is there to help us to do good.  

Status
Not open for further replies.