Aug 16, 2012
✟29,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An interesting project and/or website that I think would benefit social action greatly, is one where social evils could be tracked maybe not necessarily live on a map, but maybe a map updated more or less every year with statistics about crime rates, amount of people living in poverty, and a list of the major social or economic problems in any given area, with color coding for varying levels. This would make information about any given area easily accessible, and it might give people a better scope of global problems. Any thoughts?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟154,229.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have some thoughts, not all countries population have a right to have an opinion. Some processes that should go fast with no problems is slow, bitter, leaves scars for life, takes many years and is filled with injustice.
People that really would have something to say is threathened with heavy fines if they speak up. So I better tell You to go to Human rights page to check things out.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
A couple of thoughts. What would be the purpose of tracking? How can you balance the tracking with the services offered for addressing whatever it is you're tracking?

As well, there is a huge difference between a social problem and a social "evil." Do you want to track social "evils" such as the movements of a sociopathic serial killer, or do you want to track social problems such as poverty among Indigenous or rural populations, mortality rates of fentanyl overdoses, or the rates of able-bodied recipients of social assistance versus those on disability or persons with multiple barriers?

I think it would be next to impossible to track all global social problems, and truthfully, I wonder what the purpose would be.

Upvote 0

PhantomGaze

Carry on my wayward son.
Aug 16, 2012
✟29,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ideally, we would end social evils if we could. It would be wise to understand what different policies and practices are correlated with net increases or declines. I don't think "not caring" how many people suffer different injustices is a good approach to fighting them.

Upvote 0