Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
A brain does not act independently from the heart and the body.

That's because what you are calling the "heart" is a part of the functioning of the brain, and the brain is a part of the body.

So, what is the brain for?

A man ith all the intelligence in the world if he acts independently of your heart you are but a lifeless machine as well

One would have life, but I agree that one would not have a complete human personality.

And a brain can not be made manifest

What does it mean for a brain to be "made manifest"?

unless what is hidden in that brain is made manifest by a body

Huh? What does that mean?

and it is what one does that will show the issues of the heart. Whether good or bad

It will show the issues of one's intelligence as well.

Go and put a mark on the foreheads of all those who grieve for all the atrocities

What???

what did you think Christ meant when He said out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks

I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about what we are discussing now.

One can't do anything outwardly without the faculties of a brain.

I agree. So, is this the reply to my question? The purpose of a brain is outward action?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I guess it is. The input will dictate the output. But as u said when unusual input is processed what will the outcome be?

And that is what will make manifest outwardly what is inwardly the essence of the man

You can't be a brain or a heart independent of the body. And the body can't be a living active being apart from the spirit

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And actually yes
In the end what was inside of the man will be made manifest. Just as He said these people worship Me with their lips but their hearts are far from Me. For in the end by their "fruits" they will be known: those who outwardly professed to know God but by their actions they make manifest that they did not know of whose SPIRIT they claimed themselves to be of

Daniel spoke of this when he said "the violent men of the covenant" who did not know Their God

All these inward things will be made manifest outwardly when all the things prophesied concerning the time of the end (when He who holds all things back is taken out of the way) will happen

This is why Christ not only forewarned His Body to be diligent, to Remain in Him, to "overcome" but also said "walk while you have the light lest darkness come and he be overcome

I realize that you do not know the scriptures and the written word of God is His Word. And His written Word does not contradict His Voice and Spirit and His Voice and Spirit do not contradict His written Word

He is faithful and His Promises are steadfast
His Spirit does not change
It is our Spirits within us that do change based on the outward input Because we see what we see and we become afraid which is why we are told to keep our eyes on Him.

(Oh how I hate autocorrect!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eudamonia, you said the following:
I agree. So, is this the reply to my question? The purpose of a brain is outward action?

I initially said yes but I think what is being overlooked which I am so struggling to convey is that outward unusual input also has an affect on the outward actions of a man

And this is what I am trying to convey. That some men will by their actions make manifest what was in their heart whether it was good or bad

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes I guess it is. The input will dictate the output. But as u said when unusual input is processed what will the outcome be?

And that is what will make manifest outwardly what is inwardly the essence of the man

You can't be a brain or a heart independent of the body. And the body can't be a living active being apart from the spirit

What spirit?

Any evidence of this spirit?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟251,179.00
Faith
Atheist
It doesn't? The fact that men's hearts will fail them shows that the brain will not be able to even handle all the "input" that will happen upon the earth in those days

But nothing of that points in the direction you say.

"Men's hearts" can fail them regardless of the mind being an emergent property of the brain or being an outside "spirit" that inhabits the bodily shell.

Just take a look at the world: "men's hearts" regularly do fail them, because they are not able even to handle all the "input" that happens right here and now. Human minds "fail" because of accidents, intoxication, stress, physical influences, biological limitations... the introduction of a "spirit" that additionally "fails" because of "last days overload" is superfluous.

... And the brain is not sufficient for consciousness because man, in order to protect himself will do or will not do things that shouldnt be or should be done
Same as above: "man, in order to protect himself" will or will not do all sorts of things... regardless of consciousness being a property of the brain or an outside spirit.

Your arguments do not show what you assert they show.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But nothing of that points in the direction you say.

"Men's hearts" can fail them regardless of the mind being an emergent property of the brain or being an outside "spirit" that inhabits the bodily shell.

Just take a look at the world: "men's hearts" regularly do fail them, because they are not able even to handle all the "input" that happens right here and now. Human minds "fail" because of accidents, intoxication, stress, physical influences, biological limitations... the introduction of a "spirit" that additionally "fails" because of "last days overload" is superfluous.

Same as above: "man, in order to protect himself" will or will not do all sorts of things... regardless of consciousness being a property of the brain or an outside spirit.

Your arguments do not show what you assert they show.
I think you misunderstood. I wasn't talking about an outside spirit at all. I was talking about a mans spirit (within him/his heart and his mind) failing him.

The heart and the mind of a man is his own spirit. And the heart and the mind of some men will fail them when evil runs rampant in the last days

I said that it is God who controls all things and holds all things back and because He does this we never come up against full and complete evil but when He lets go...we will

This is what is meant in 2thesselonians with regards to He who holds all things back is taken out if the way

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟251,179.00
Faith
Atheist
I think you misunderstood.
I think there is a lot of misunderstanding going on.

I wasn't talking about an outside spirit at all.
Hm...
So when you say...
A body is a shell. A visible vessel that houses the spirit (heart and mind) of a man
... it seems to say that the spirit does not come from "the body". So, where does it come from?
I was talking about a mans spirit (within him/his heart and his mind) failing him.
Yes, that I understood. I am just wondering why you keep talking about that.

Again, I quote you:
... And the brain is not sufficient for consciousness because man, in order to protect himself will do or will not do things that shouldnt be or should be done ...
This is, at least as far as syntax is concerned, a statement showing a logical line of reasoning: "X is true (or false), because Y".
But the reason you provided here doesn't have anything to do with the conclusion. The "because" doesn't lead to the "is not".

Do you understand that?

The heart and the mind of a man is his own spirit. And the heart and the mind of some men will fail them when evil runs rampant in the last days

I said that it is God who controls all things and holds all things back and because He does this we never come up against full and complete evil but when He lets go...we will

This is what is meant in 2thesselonians with regards to He who holds all things back is taken out if the way
And as I said before: this could be the case, regardless of the mind being a property of the brain, or the mind being "of his own spirit" (whatever that means).

So why do you keep bringing this up?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In times of trouble we become desperate and we do things we wouldn't normally and naturally do. And our brain will not even have time to comprehend. It will either shut down to protect oneself from the troubles which will come or the man will die from terror.

Upvote 0