hellooooooooooo 15

post#11
test 16 I believe.

post#12

post#13
Annnnnnnd noooowwwwwwww 19

Post#14
Posting this Friday at 12:43 pm PDT.

How long will it take to get approved, and what post time will show when it appears?

ETA: at 12:53, this post has a post number. It is now post #14.

I assume this means it has been approved.

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Liz, this is not a moderated forum. What the mods are doing is posting, then unapproving their posts. This brings it back to what the moderated forum would look like.
Does it?

I was wondering whether, in a moderated forum, posts would appear in the order in which they were approved, or in the order in which they were made?

I guess we won't know the answer to that question from this test.

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Does it?

I was wondering whether, in a moderated forum, posts would appear in the order in which they were approved, or in the order in which they were made?

My experience is that the posts go in order of posting and the actual post numbers will change accordingly. First posted then first displayed . So on and so on...

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

meh

Legend
Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Does it?

Like Naomi said we are unapproving posts manually here :)

I'm trying to test that as well -what you bring up. It looks as though if a post has to wait to be approved due to a rule violation or because we need to discuss it, after approval it still shows in the same place in the queue it was before in the post.

My suggestion would for people when they are following a thread, just take a few extra seconds and start from page 1 each time scrolling down to see if any new posts have appeared. That way none will be missed in a thread you'd like to follow.

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
I'm trying to test that as well -what you bring up. It looks as though if a post has to wait to be approved due to a rule violation or because we need to discuss it, after approval it still shows in the same place in the queue it was before in the post.
Bingo :). I hope you haven't forgotten your time as a Recovery mod meh! ;)

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Like Naomi said we are unapproving posts manually here :)

My suggestion would for people when they are following a thread, just take a few extra seconds and start from page 1 each time scrolling down to see if any new posts have appeared. That way none will be missed in a thread you'd like to follow.

Say there is a thread 4 pages long of approved posts, and the possibility that there may be an unapproved one from anywhere in the queue that is finally approved. Would that post show up on the "Latest" list, or would it have shown up when it was first posted but before it was approved?

If it doesn't show up till it is approved, then that might be a real handy tool.

(I worked on another discussion board where we had a list of members who had to be approved before they could be posted, and I didn't like that responsibility at all. I hope y'all put on your heaviest armor for this. :) )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
:o This thread just seemed like a sorta strange place for someone to make their first 3 posts. Since the thread was created for staff to test a new feature, I thought your name probably represented a second account (sockpuppet) created by a staff member for testing purposes.

Sorry. I seem to have been mistaken. Please forgive me.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution