Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like some shows on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) such as Day 7 and a few others. I get 36 Christian stations myself from Sky Angel so I don't watch TBN much. I watch 700 Club and American Times News for my news.

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Good call, I see how one could have a problem with them.

I hope they wise up and see that Christian television is for the viewers not the Netwrok Execs.
I've always gotten a wierd feeling about that guy, Benny Hinn. He seems to be a real quack to me.

Coastie

Upvote 0

messenjah

Veteran
Jan 18, 2002
Snohomish, WA
✟8,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Benny Hinn is a psycho. I don't know, TBN has some good stuff as far as music videos but doesn't anyone feel a fakeness in there. Plus, check out that site, Benny Hinn is a false prophet if I ever saw one. And what is up with his hair. If that isn't a judgement from God for being a false prophet then I don't know what is.

God bless,
Jonathan

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And what is up with his hair. If that isn't a judgement from God for being a false prophet then I don't know what is.

As far as a serious debate, that is intellectually numbing but I laughed myself off my chair :)

WELL SAID!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I watch TBN sometimes because that's the only Christian station around here. But mostly I'm embarassed by it.

It does more to make Christians a mockery than it does to glorify God. I'm highly offended by the programs that have women with big hair and men with shiny suits yelling at the top of their lungs, either singing or preaching. I don't want people to think that that's what being a Christian is all about.

This morning, while I was getting ready for work, they had a guy that was screaming and pushing people to the floor. I don't even know what that was about. He knocked one guy right off his walker, and another out of a wheelchair, and whole group of teenagers who were holding hands and praying. The one in the wheelchair got hurt, and people had to get down on the floor with him (a teenage boy), trying to help him. Everyone was crying, except the man that kept screaming and pushing people down. No one tried to stop him, though, and I thought it was awful that a roomful of Christians would just let this guy keep hurting folks. I can't even figure out why that man was on TV. Why didn't they cut the camera away until they could get him under control? Certainly satan was winning a lot of air time while that man was out of control.

I just hate TV that makes Christians look weak and foolish.

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
TBN is embarassing, not because of the shouters (I like watching the preachers that get so involved in their sermon that sweat is pouring down their faces and they are growing hoarse).

However, I do not like the money gathering. Once I saw a preacher talking about the seed sowing parable, and he said something like "Yea, you shall reap what you sow. And we ask that you sow a seed of at least $50..."

I also seem to remember Louis Farrakhan Ministry being on that channel. It was completely incomprehensible -- he went from railing against the White Man to talking about obscure number symbolism in Daniel and Revelation. It didn't even sound like he was making coherent sentences, just yelling out numbers.

-Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Originally posted by Project 86
Mandy... Day 7 rocks!!! A while back he sent me one of those free bibles and I get Sky Angel so I can watch new and old episodes 4 times a week! He's just an awesome pastor!

I agree! Greg Laurie is an excellent evangelist as well!

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
TBN, there are a few (very few) shows on there I like (such as Carman's talkshow, the occasional Billy Graham crusade or Gaither praise hour) however most of their programming nauseates me, IMHO. First there's Benny Hinn or Reinhard Bonnke screaming and making everyone fall down, then blaming God for the pandemonium. Then come the financial teachers- "sow a seed and you will reap a hundredfold, your family will be blessed, and we'll mail you a canister of the Balm of Gilead. . ."-and for the coup de grace, Grant Jeffery or Yacov Rambsel chatting with Paul and Jan about what the "Bible Code" says will happen next year. :sick: :sick: :sick: :mad:
Please do not ban me for this, it is merely my opinion which you are quite welcome to edit if you see it as too combative or sarcastic. I haven't had much sleep lately due to a realy bad cold. :sick:

Upvote 0
Wow! You guys make me feel great! I was afraid that most Christians really fell for some of the garbage they peddle on TBN (however, I have never seen Day 7 so my comments below do not apply to that).

Benny Hinn is such an obvious charlatan, just like every other faith healer I've ever seen. You should believe in a faith healer only when you see the healed leaving behind their prosthetic legs and false eyes!

The other aspect of TBN I can't stand is the obvious greed they and many other Christian channels exhibit. I think the most sickening thing I've ever seen is when one guy was trying to use Sept. 11th as a reason from God to go see their Megiddo movie. If there is a God, don't think that little incident won't be discussed at his judgement!

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll agree Benny Hinn is worse than what I had thought him to be. I'd always just assumed he was kinda overdoing things a bit, and occasionally I see him at crusades that appear to glorify God. Like the one in Honduras from the other day. But if the claims are true, then most definitely he is a false prophet. Even if it's just the one about Jesus appearing on stage. I immediately thought of the verse about the "There He is! Do not believe it!"

But I do like some of the other shows on there. They can be very informing when they aren't trying to convince everyone they can own everything just because God made them. If you actually take out the time to count the things that say how you can get more money from God, you will find it surprising. Plus the people go wild when they hear they can get more from God. That sickens me. Why don't they go crazy when they say you can draw closer to God and talk to Him?? That's what I'd go crazy for! But the people are so greedy these days. What are you supposed to do!?

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by 2002 Christian
coastie, since you asked, take a look here:

http://biblelight.net/tbn.htm

So does Benny Hinn own the TBN, or do you hate TBN just because they show Benny Hinn's show?

If it is the 2nd, that's no reason.

I only have one Christian station where I live and they air the Benny hinn show, in the morning. But they also show alot of GREAT shows that I love to watch. Old Time Gospel Hour, etc....

Upvote 0