Visit site
✟805.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
CA-NDP
Not everyone has a home.
wink.gif

The church I attend was formed through a union of Presbyterian, Methodist, and Congregationalist churches-- I don't think I'm Wesleyan or Reformed, strictly speaking, and I don't have much in common with most non-denominationals...

I'll just sit on the fence for now until I move and have to figure out whether I'm Methodist or Anglican.
smile.gif

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Arikereba said:
Not everyone has a home.

The church I attend was formed through a union of Presbyterian, Methodist, and Congregationalist churches-- I don't think I'm Wesleyan or Reformed, strictly speaking, and I don't have much in common with most non-denominationals...

I'll just sit on the fence for now until I move and have to figure out whether I'm Methodist or Anglican.

Don't feel bad. Growing up I attended a Meth/Presb church, choosing the Methodist side at confirmation to be a member of. Then I moved to PA where I attended a Meth/UEB church. Now I'm in TN and have atteded a Church of Christ (which we left because the preacher was a jerk) and a Christian church where I am know as the rebel Methodist because I refuse to be re-baptized in order to join the congregation (partly because I do not agree with their tying salvation to baptism by immersion). I am very much a Methodist in mindset, but am kinda left hanging without a home due to my husband's views on church. He feels the "Christian" church (ie, independent, non-denom) is closer to the first century ideal, not that I agree with him on that point.
So I can hang out here, in the non-denom or with the Catholics (since my best friend is Catholic and I have attended many services and had many talks with her I have some understanding and acceptance of their beliefs in the areas that differ from my own, which aren't all that many.)

Flora

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I come from a mixed background. My dad grew up in a Church of the Brethren and my mom went to both a Baptist and Methodist church. Growing up I attended a little of all three. Finally when I was about 11 or 12 we made the decision to attend the United Methodist church. And that is where I have been ever since. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joshua Howard

Life, Liberty, And The Pursuit of Happiness
Jan 13, 2004
Tacoma, WA
✟7,951.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was raised baptist, where we preached standards and didn't live 'em. About a year ago I got taken with some friends to a Church camp, where I realized the folly of my ways and, by Christ's Grace, was saved. Now I am a part of a local Bible Missionary Church... Praise God for holiness! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.