Strangest Places you've ever witnessed at!

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
me? well mine was at a bar, but it wasn't a group of us doing ministry at a bar, here i'll explain.

it was when i moved out to Portland, Oregon. things in my life weren't the greatest, and it was a dark time, yet i know my faith was still alive then. God is too powerful to let one's struggles kill our faith, and i believe true belief in God will always stand the test of time. anyways.

i went to this bar i found that i was going to a good amount of the time. one night, i went for a few drinks. not really caring if i got drunk or not, which at the time, i wasn't getting drunk a lot because of the living situation. but still, i was losing caring to control a freedom.

so two guys come in, they are evidently drunk and having a good ole time. i'm there and the one guy sees my tattoos, and two of them have Christian meaning, and the other 2 are just decorative to get my full ideas done.

so i tell him, and he looks at me all shocked, because i'm sitting there smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer. but his shock is relief tho. so we got talking and ironically enough our intake of alcohol drops by half, and we are talking and just smoking cigarettes. i tell him about my faith and my life, and he tells me about his. and it was honesty about our struggles. it wasn't us trying to put on some rightesous constume or us trying to justify our struggles, it was just two Christians being real about our faith and what we struggle with, which was alcohol. cigarettes, well if one says it is sin to smoke, then don't eat at mcdonalds, and i'm not going any farther with that. our struggle was drunkeness.

we talked more and more about our own lives. he was getting laid off, and was married with a kid and just trying to have faith and support his family and honestly i left that bar that night with a fresh sense of hope for my own faith with God. when he left he was saying goodbye to his friend, and to another person, and he gave me a handshake bye, and gave me a 2nd handshake, but it was a firmer handshake, and said thanks for the talk. it was beyond us having alcohol in our systems, because we both slowed down our drinking.

now i have never seen that man again, and i sure hope he is doing better. but for me, it was a Christian reaching out to another Christian and him doing the same thing to me. like i said, i left that bar that night with a fresh sense of hope that things are going to be better in my faith, and they are now. i am controlling my drinking now, it took a lot for me to get there, but i am so happy that i can still drink and not get drunk. so yes this is my "strangest place" i've ever witnessed at.

Upvote 0

Ann Doupont

Veteran
Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Larry Lee said:
Ohhhhh, MAN! That is wacky!

Strangest place I ever witnessed? Probably when I was younger and still in college living in the dorm. One night I went to the bathroom, and there I was in the stall! Praising God and talking with Roger, in the next stall, who I didn't even like. But God works in the strangest ways, so later I shared with Roger about salvation, and I think it really affected him.

Well, I was glad when I scrolled up and saw that you were a guy (who witnessed to Roger in the stall next to him).

I'm not sure where was my strangest place I witnessed. But, one experience comes to mind. I was working on a temp. assignment. This really good-looking guy worked there, and had come to the office where I worked once. So, I had noticed him. Yeah, we gals have eyes, too.

It was lunch time on my last day of work there, as my assignment was ending. There he was, seated at a table having lunch. The Holy Spirit spoke to me, to give him a tract. I promptly ignored the Holy Spirit (not a good plan!) and walked past this guy.

Walking around the corner where he couldn't see me, I sat down. Now, what was I going to do? The Lord spoke again, saying that if I didn't give the man a tract, that his blood would be on my hands. Oh yeah, I couldn't let that happen. Looking into my purse to see what tracts I had with me, I only had one type. They had a rose on them, saying, "You're Special." Oh no, not those! Okay, here goes.

I mustered up all the courage I could. I'd noticed that he had another man at the table with him, so I took 2 tracts, walked up to them, slammed a tract down on the table in front of the cute guy, saying "You're special." Then, I looked at the other guy, slammed down another tract, saying, "You're special, too," and walked off.

They both probably thought I'd "lost it," but I did obey God!

Whew!

Ann

Upvote 0

by pure grace

Feb 19, 2005
✟220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At a local pool in Mindanao, Phillippines. As I was cold from the freezing fresh spring water from the pool I sat to warm up on the side of the pool, waiting for my husband and friend to finish thier swim. A half drunk guy came up and asked me where I was from etc. I told him that we were missionaries to his country and he wanted to recieve Chirst there and then. So I sat there dripping wet wrapped in my bath towel and prayed with him. Oh, God never misses a moment!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not sure if this is witnessing, but in a book store in a mall near me (store is called whitcoles) they had a little area for the kids to play while the parents shop and to probably make the kids like the place but ANYWAY they had a little blackboard and chalk for kids to play with. Originally I wrote a message saying "Have a nice day" but decided to instead write "God loves you :)" on it :D

The only other slight crazish thing I do is in maths often the maths teacher will insult the bible, so I'll speak out and reply to his "findings" about bad things in the bible XD but other than that... I'm only 14 so I haven't been to like a bar or in jail or whatever =P

Upvote 0

CorTortilla

I love COFFEE!!~~
Jun 27, 2005
Home of the Bucks-Ohio
✟15,818.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
TheThirdLink said:
PRAISE THE LORD!!!! :D

I am shy naturally, so I carry Chick tracts with me wherever I go. I leave them everywhere...library, school, on people's cars, grocery store, beach, other cities...even in the ladies'/public restroom. :blush:

The strangest place I had to witness was in my neighborhood. Four years ago, my little sister and I went throughout the whole neighborhood by ourselves inviting people to church and giving them tracts (I was 12 then, and she was 10), and I had to witness to an elderly man, because he was asking questions. At first I was fearful (like a deer caught in the beams of oncoming headlights), but my little sister said a silent prayer for me and I came through just fine. He ended up coming to our church and the pastor preached about Salvation that day of all things. ;)

Now I just go on visitation with my Pastor and several other people from our church. We go doorknocking and witness to people and invite them to our church. Oh yeah, I still leave those Chick tracts everywhere. :D

Erm, no offense, but... you actually believe those Chick tracts? Those make me laugh so hard they bring tears to my eyes. they are written by a pathetic liar named Jack chick who hates God's Church. He claims the Vatican is the Beast, but I would like to see his proof to back those claims.

Upvote 0

Schlutes

Jul 22, 2005
Adelaide, South Australia
✟15,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
When I went to LA last yr the ppl who I was staying with over their lived in a unit so obviously no laundry so when I was using the Laundromat there was a lady there so as you do you talk to people when doing your laundry and it was obvious that I am australian so she asked me what I was doing in LA etc. i was actually there for a church conference so I started telling her about the church and invited her along and talked to her about god. Then when I went back to put my laundry in dryer then take out of dryer each time I saw her there so talked to her a little more about it, then I noticed that I had a sock missing and she used the same dryer after me so i went back to ask her to see if my sock was there, I knew that god was using me to plant the seed!! although I never found out what happened I was happy that i was able to plant the seed and that god was able to use me accross the other side of the world!! isnt it amazing how god works!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You guys are doing great!!!

I have witnessed in many places,

russia, romania, mexico

malls, parks,

recently at big events

like Exotic Erotica!!!

(wear people volunteer to wear nothing at all, !!??)

also we have gone Lake Havasu beach party USA

Hollywood, SanFransisco, LasVegas, Reno for Hot august nights, and Sweet vibrations,

also recently we did an X fest water givaway

with custom tracts and logos.

We were at the STAR wars premier in Modesto

all very exciting,

We go door to door occasionally with surveys, cameras etc.

We have a table at our mall currently, and give away million dollar bills from Livingwater.org, and also hand out other tracts from ATS.org to suppliment the small living water tracts.

keep up the good fight everyone,

i recommend most of all

ONE THING YOU CAN'T DO IN HEAVEN by Mark Cahill.

the only one who Ray Comfort claimed was bolder than Himself.

I don't agree with everything about these styles of evangelism, but they are good places to start!!!

Godbless,

AND WHEN YOU ARE REJECTED REMEMBER, GREAT IS YOUR REWARD!!!

MATT 5:12

evangelism verse of the week:

"I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed."
Psalm 119:46

Upvote 0

Philt

Oct 4, 2005
Washington, MO
✟7,669.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hands&Feet said:
When I got the final proof of a book I had just gotten published, my wife and I went to her sister's biker bar to show it to her. We are always looking for a way to reach out to her and thought it might work. Unknown to us at the time, there was a guy sitting at the bar who was contemplating suicide. My wife's sister and the patrons were worried and didn't know what to do. They guy looked at my book and said to me, "It's too bad there aren't any miracles today like there were in the old days." I told him that my book contained 330 pages of miracles which happened just to me and my family and friends over the past 20 years or so. That got him started. He told me that he had given up on life and that when he went to church for help, the pastor turned him away. But he had kicked heroin addiction and had overcome many tough obstacles. I explained to him that just that fact was evidence of God's working in his life.

We wound up praying with him to give his life to Jesus. We bound up the demonic influences in his life, and watched him transform into a new creation right Before our eyes. "Wow!" he began, "What are the chances of me sitting here drinking the last beer of my life before I kill myself, and having a minister walk in and sit down beside me in a backwoods biker bar and pray with me? There really are miracles today and I've just witnessed one which has saved my life. God bless you. You have know idea what this means to me."

On the way out the door several bikers thanked me. One shook my hand, another gave me a hug and said, "God bless you! You just saved this dude's life! Come back and talk to us again!"

That suicidal ex-heroin addict was one of the first people to buy a copy of my book when our first order came. He is going to church weekly and had gotten involved in a weekly men's breakfast and God is working in his life.

The point is, there was a time when I would not have stepped foot in any bar. When I met my wife, she changed my perspective. She has tended bar for 20 years because she believes that is God's mission field for her. She has saved countless people from killing themselves, she has reconciled probably a hundred or more marriages, and has led many more to Jesus. Yeah, the naysayers will scoff and ask how serving alcohol could be right. Well, they might have a point, but how is letting so many people rot in hell and die needlessly because she didn't care ever right in God's eyes? Jesus spent much of His time with such people, and I can see why. Indeed, there was a time when I thought witnessing in a bar was about the last place I would share the Gospel. But my wife showed me just how fruitful it can be if we don't limit God's ability to work through us.

That is great! We witness in bars all the time. I ride with the Cross Road Riders which is a local chapter of the Christian Motorcyclists Association. We do a lot of secular rides that usually stop in a bar. We where our colors when we walk in and sit down and have a soda or eat a hamburger. We have has some great witnessing experiences. After all if Jesus were here, where would he be?!?!?!?!?

Attachments

• cma1.JPG
    cma1.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0

mysparrow

Oct 13, 2005
Indiana
✟16,337.00
Faith
Christian
As i was once a biker i have witnessed in biker bars myself , many times during my 24 years, i think the strangest place i ever witnessed in was a coven meeting i walked in on by mistake though, and boy was it fun. LOL I wasnt able to stay long ( they wouldnt let me ) so i stayed outside and prayed while they were inside doin their thing. But afterwards i had 2 come to me asking about Jesus because they said they couldnt get anything done inside while i was standing outside . I quickly told them it had nothing to do with me , i was flesh, but Jesus on the other hand ....................
They came to my house and we talked for a long time , and one of them accepted Christ that day and renounced all ties . the other one accepted Christ about a month later after seeing what the first one had done and the change in her life ., Praise God !
HE IS RISEN!

Upvote 0

andrewclements

Sep 6, 2005
Northern Ireland
✟7,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In a sauna, talking to the manager of one of the local bars for about 40mins.

Note: the health guidelines for staying in this sauna was 10-15mins! I was really on fire that day!! But, in more ways than one! I just prayed, "God if you want me to keep talking to this guy you'll need to stop me from dying of some sort of heat exhaustion!" But, thankfully I survived!:amen:

Upvote 0