MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My daughter, know that if I allow you to feel and have a more profound knowledge of My sufferings, that is a grace from Me. But when your mind is dimmed and your sufferings are great, it is then that you take an active part in My Passion, and I am conforming you more fully to Myself. It is your task to submit yourself to My will at such time, more than at others…

wow this is exactly what I needed to hear today.. :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
J.M.J.
Solitude – my favorite moments,
Solitude – but always with You, Jesus and Lord,
Close to Your Heart, time passes pleasantly for me,
And, close to Him, my soul finds its repose.

When the heart is filled with You and overflowing with love,
And the soul burns with pure fire,
Then, amidst the utmost desolation, the soul will not experience loneliness,
Because it rests on Your bosom.

O solitude – moments of supreme companionship,
Though I be abandoned by all creatures,
I immerse myself totally in the ocean of Your Godhead,
And You listen sweetly to my confidences.
Continued tomorrow...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This evening the Lord asked me, Do you not have any desires in your heart? I answered, “I have one great desire, and it is to be united with You forever.” And the Lord answered me, that will happen soon. My dearest child, your every stirring is reflected in My Heart. My gaze rests kindly upon you before any other creature.

I asked the Lord today that He might deign to teach me about the interior life, because of myself I can neither understand nor conceive anything perfectly. The Lord answered me, I was your Teacher, I am and will be; strive to make your heart like unto My humble and gentle heart. Never claim your rights. Bear with great calm and patience everything that befalls you. Do not defend yourself when you are put to shame, though innocent. Let others triumph. Do not stop being good when you noticed that your goodness is being abused. I myself will speak for you when it is necessary. Be grateful for the smallest of My graces, because your gratitude compels Me to grant you new graces…

Toward the end of the Way of the Cross which I was making, the Lord Jesus began to complain about the souls of religious and priests, about the lack of love in chosen souls. I will allow convents and churches to be destroyed. I answered, “Jesus, but there are so many souls praising You in convents.” The Lord answered, that praise wounds My Heart, because love has been banished from convents. Souls without love and without devotion, souls full of egoism and self-love, souls full of pride and arrogance, souls full of deceit and hypocrisy, lukewarm souls who have just enough warmth to keep them alive: My Heart cannot bear this. All the graces that I pour out upon them flow off them as off the face of a rock. I cannot stand them, because they are neither good or bad. I called convents into being to sanctify the world through them. It is from them that a powerful flame of love and sacrifice should burst forth. And if they do not repent and become enkindled by their first love, I will deliver them over to the fate of this world… How can they sit on the promised throne of judgment to judge the world, when their guilt is greater than the guilt of the world? There is neither penance nor atonement. O heart, which received me in the morning and at noon are all ablaze with hatred against Me, hatred of all sorts! O heart specially chosen by Me, were you chosen for this, to give Me more pain? The great sins of the world are superficial wounds on My Heart, but the sins of a chosen soul pierce My Heart through and through…

When I tried to intercede for them, I could find nothing with which to excuse them and, being at the time unable to think of anything in their defense, my heart was seized with pain, and I wept bitterly. Then the Lord looked at me kindly and comforted me with these words: Do not cry. There are still a great number of souls who love Me very much, but My Heart desires to be loved by all and, because My love is great, that is why I warn and chastise them.

Continued tomorrow...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Struggle with a certain temptation. There was a person who kept accosting me with flattering words, and since he knew when I went out to go to the chapel or to the veranda, he would bar my way. Since he did not dare approach me by himself, he found another person like himself, but neither of them dared approach. As I was on my way to the May devotions, they were already standing there where I had to pass. I hadn’t yet reached them when I heard inciting words, directed at me. And the Lord permitted me to know the intentions of their hearts, which were not good. I felt they would block my way after the service, and then I would have to talk to them, for up to that time, I hadn’t said a word.

When I left the chapel, they were there, armed and waiting for me to pass. This time, I was overcome with fear. Then Jesus stood by me and said, Do not fear, I am with you. Then I felt an extraordinary strength in my soul, which I cannot describe and, being a few steps from them, I said boldly and loudly, “Praised be Jesus Christ.” And they, stepping aside, responded, “for ever and ever. Amen.” As if struck by lightning, they bowed their heads, not even daring to look at me. After I had passed, I could hear some malicious comments. Ever since that time, when this person sees me, he runs away in order not to meet me and I, thanks to the Lord, have been left in peace…

After Holy Mass, I went out to the garden to make my meditation, since there were not yet any patients in the garden at this time, and so I felt at ease. As I was meditating on the blessings of God, my heart was burning with a love so strong that it seemed my breast would burst. Suddenly Jesus stood before me and said, what are you doing here so early? I answered, “I am thinking of You, of Your mercy and Your goodness toward us. And You, Jesus what are You doing here?” I have come out to meet you, to lavish new graces on you. I am looking for souls who would like to receive My grace.

During Vespers today, the Lord gave me to know how very pleased He is with a pure and free heart. I felt that it is God’s delight to look into such a heart… but such hearts are knightly hearts; their life is a constant battle…
On my way to the veranda, I went into the chapel for a moment. My heart was plunged in profound adoration, praising God’s incomprehensible goodness and His mercy. Then I heard these words in my soul:
I am and will be for you such as you praise Me for being. You shall experience My goodness, already in this life and then, to the full, in the life to come.

O Christ, I am most delighted when I see that You are loved, and that Your praise and glory resound, especially the praise of Your mercy. O Christ, to the last moment of my life, I will not stop glorifying Your goodness and mercy. With every drop of my blood, with every beat of my heart, I glorify Your mercy. I long to be entirely transformed into a hymn of Your Glory. When I find myself on my deathbed, may the last beat of my heart be a loving hymn in praise of Your unfathomable mercy.

Today the Lord said to me,
you shall make a three-day retreat before the coming of the Holy Spirit. I Myself will direct you. You shall not follow any of the rules required for retreats or use any books for meditation. Your task is to listen attentively to My words. For spiritual reading you shall read one chapter from the Gospel of St. John.
[Here occurs a space of a half page in the original Notebook]

Continued tomorrow...

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"I am looking for souls who would like to receive My grace."

I guess I better get reading a chapter in St. John like our Lord suggests. I want to receive graces too. I know he is not saying to read a chapter to of St. John to receive graces, I just put that together.:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sianelle

Sister Annie
Aug 23, 2008
Hauraki Plains New Zealand.
✟16,277.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Toward the end of the Way of the Cross which I was making, the Lord Jesus began to complain about the souls of religious and priests, about the lack of love in chosen souls. I will allow convents and churches to be destroyed. I answered, “Jesus, but there are so many souls praising You in convents.” The Lord answered, that praise wounds My Heart, because love has been banished from convents. Souls without love and without devotion, souls full of egoism and self-love, souls full of pride and arrogance, souls full of deceit and hypocrisy, lukewarm souls who have just enough warmth to keep them alive: My Heart cannot bear this. All the graces that I pour out upon them flow off them as off the face of a rock. I cannot stand them, because they are neither good or bad. I called convents into being to sanctify the world through them. It is from them that a powerful flame of love and sacrifice should burst forth. And if they do not repent and become enkindled by their first love, I will deliver them over to the fate of this world… How can they sit on the promised throne of judgment to judge the world, when their guilt is greater than the guilt of the world? There is neither penance nor atonement. O heart, which received me in the morning and at noon are all ablaze with hatred against Me, hatred of all sorts! O heart specially chosen by Me, were you chosen for this, to give Me more pain? The great sins of the world are superficial wounds on My Heart, but the sins of a chosen soul pierce My Heart through and through…

It was after reading this paragraph that it suddenly struck me that Our Lord+ was telling St. Faustina about the changes that would be wrought in the Church with Vatican II. My own order was profoundly changed by V.II. It had begun as an order working with the sick and the dying among the very poor and by the time of V.II (in New Zealand at least) it was involved in the running of large private hospitals. V.II made the order consider its founding charism and as a result the private hospitals and convent have gone and Sisters now live in twos and threes in ordinary houses in the communities in which they are working.
As a result of the changes due to V.II many younger Sisters left the order because they felt they could achieve more 'out in the world' as lay women rather than remain in such an unsettled environment. And of course many of the elderly Sisters were completely resistant to the changes V.II was bringing to their lives and they were especially upset by the loss of the convent itself. (It was leased out to a private medical laboratory company I believe)

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I really hope that convents and monasteries would always exist..
I hope and pray that God strengthens those who are consecrated to Him and keeps them from sin, and that more people are called to religious vocations. ..it makes me cry just reading that last chapter, when Jesus talks about everything that causes Him pain.. wow.. :( we should pray for the priests and for religious orders..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sianelle

Sister Annie
Aug 23, 2008
Hauraki Plains New Zealand.
✟16,277.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You see Vatican II as the cause of all that?

I think Vatican II was the spark for change. The Little Company of Mary had begun as an order, - small in numbers, - that was intimately involved in the communities where they were based. At the time of Vatican II the order in NZ was deeply involved in running large hospitals and with that went enormous financial worries and concerns which the Sisters neither didn't want nor need.
Personally I see the change that has occurred as being very positive. The original charism of being a part of an ordinary and everyday community and working closely with the people in that community has been restored. A further desire of our founder, Mary Potter, has been emphasised, - which is the involvement of secular Affiliates and Associates with the order to join in praying for the sick and the dying, - especially those who are in great need of prayer. This was how I came to the order after I had to take early retirement from working as a social worker due to illness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
May 26, 1938. Feast of the Ascension. Today I accompanied the Lord Jesus as He ascended into heaven. It was about noon. I was overcome by a great longing for God. It is a strange thing, the more I felt God’s presence, the more ardently I desired Him. Then I saw myself in the midst of a huge crowd of disciples and apostles, together with the Mother of God. Jesus was telling them to … Go out into the whole world and teach in My name. He stretched out His hands and blessed them and disappeared in a cloud. I saw the longing of Our Lady. Her soul yearned for Jesus with the whole force of Her love. But she was so peaceful and so united to the will of God that there was not a stir in Her Heart but for what God wanted.

When I was left alone with the Blessed Virgin, She instructed me concerning the interior life. She said,
The soul’s true greatness is in loving God and in humbling oneself in His presence, completely forgetting oneself and believing oneself to be nothing; because the Lord is great, but He is well pleased only with the humble; He always apposes the proud.

A certain person whom I have mentioned before visited me again. When I saw that she was beginning to get entangled in her own lies, I let her know that I knew she was lying. She became very embarrassed and stopped speaking. Then I spoke to her about the great judgments of God, and I also remarked that she was leading innocent souls astray and along dangerous roads. I uncovered before her everything that was in her heart. Since I had to overcome my own feelings in order to talk to her, to prove to Jesus that I love my enemies, I gave her my afternoon snack. She went away enlightened in soul, but action is still far away…

There are times when the Lord Jesus fulfills my smallest wishes. Today I remarked that I would like to see some ears of grain, but that they cannot be seen from our sanatorium. However, one of the patients heard this remark and, on the following day, he went out into the field and brought me several beautiful ears of grain. My room is always adorned with fresh flowers, but my spirit finds satisfaction in nothing. More and more, I yearn for God.

Today I interceded earnestly with the Lord Jesus for our house, that He might deign to take away the cross which has touched our convent. The Lord answered me,
your prayers are accepted for other intentions. I cannot take away this cross until they recognize its meaning. Nevertheless I did not stop praying.

A strong temptation. The Lord gave me to know how pleasing a pure heart is to Him, and thereby I was given a deeper knowledge of my own misery. When I began to prepare for confession, strong temptations against confessors assaulted me. I did not see satan, but I could sense him, his terrible anger. “yes, he’s an ordinary man.” “not ordinary, because he has the power of God.” Yes, it is not difficult for me to accuse myself of my sins. But to uncover the most secret depths of my heart, to give an account of the action of God’s grace, to speak about God’s every demand, about all that goes on between God and myself… to tell that to a man is beyond my strength. I felt I was fighting against the powers and I cried out: “O Christ, You and the priest are one; I will approach confession as if I were approaching not a man, but You.” When I entered the confessional, I began by disclosing my difficulties. The priest replied that the best thing I could have done was to disclose these temptations from the outset. However, after the confession, they took flight, and my soul is enjoying peace.

Once, during recreation, one of the sister directresses said that the lay sisters were without feelings, and so could be treated stiffly. I was sorry to see that the sister directresses know so little about the lay sisters and judge them only from appearances.

Today, I was talking with the Lord, and He said to me,
there are souls with whom I can do nothing. They are souls that are continuously observing others, but know nothing of what is going on within their own selves. They talk about others continually, even during times of grand silence, which is reserved for speaking only with Me. Poor souls, they do not hear My words, their interior remains empty. They do not look for Me within their own hearts, but in idle talk, where I am never to be found. They sense their emptiness, but they do not recognize their own guilt, while souls in whom I reign completely are a constant source of remorse to them. Instead of correcting themselves, their hearts swell with envy, and if they do not come to their senses, they plunge in even deeper. A heart, which thus far is envious, now begins to be filled with hate. And they are already at the edge of the precipice. They are jealous of My gifts to other souls, but they themselves are unable and unwilling to accept them.

Continued tomorrow...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To stay at Your feet, O hidden God,
Is the delight and paradise of my soul.
Here, you give me to know You, O incomprehensible One,
And You speak to me sweetly: Give Me, give Me your heart.

Silent conversation, alone with You,
Is to experience what heavenly beings enjoy,
And to say to God, “I will, I will give You my heart, O Lord,”
While You, O great and incomprehensible One, accept it graciously.

Love and sweetness are my soul’s life,
And Your unceasing presence in my soul.
I live on earth in constant rapture,
And like a Seraph I repeat, “Hosanna!”

O You who are hidden, Body, soul and divinity,
Under the fragile form of bread,
You are my life from whom springs an abundance of graces;
And for me, You surpass the delights of heaven.

When You united Yourself with me in Communion, O God,
I then feel my unspeakable greatness,
A greatness which flows from You, O Lord, I humbly confess,
And despite my misery, with Your help, I can become a saint.

Continued tomorrow...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During Holy Mass, I came to know that a certain priest does not effect much in souls because he thinks about himself and so is alone. God’s grace takes flight; he relies on trifling external things, which have no importance in the eyes of God; and, being proud, he fritters away his time, wearing himself out to no purpose.

There are moments when Jesus gives me knowledge within my soul, and then everything that exists on earth is at my service; friends, enemies, success, adversity… all things, willing or not, must serve me. I do not think of them at all; I strive to be faithful to God and to love Him to the point of complete forgetfulness of self. And He Himself looks after me and fights against my enemies.

After Holy Communion, when I had welcomed Jesus into my heart, I said to Him, “My Love, reign in the most secret recesses of my heart, there where my most secret thoughts are conceived, where You alone have free access, in the deepest sanctuary where human thought cannot penetrate. May You alone dwell there, and may everything I do exteriorly take its origin in You. I ardently desire, and I am striving with all the strength of my soul, to make You, Lord, feel at home in this sanctuary.”

I heard these words: if you did not tie my hands, I would send down many punishments upon the earth. My daughter, your look disarms My anger. Although your lips are silent, you call out to Me so mightily that all heaven is moved. I cannot escape from your requests, because you pursue Me, not from afar, but within your own heart.

When the soul of a certain young lady came to me one night, she made me aware of her presence, and made known to me that she needed my prayer. I prayed for a while, but her spirit did not leave me. Then I thought to myself, “if you are a good spirit, leave me in peace, and the indulgences I will gain tomorrow will be for you.” At that moment, the spirit left my room, and I recognized that she was in purgatory.

Today I felt the Lord’s Passion in my body more than at any other time. I felt this was for the sake of a dying soul.

Today, the Lord has been teaching me, once again, how I am to approach the sacrament of Penance:
My daughter, just as you prepare in My presence, so also you make your confession before Me. The person of the priest is, for Me, only a screen. Never analyze what sort of a priest it is that I am making use of; open your soul in confession as you would to Me, and I will fill it with My Light.

Christ and Lord, You are leading me over such precipices that, when I look at them, I am filled with fright, but at the same time I am at peace as I nestle close to Your heart. Close to Your Heart, I fear nothing. In these dangerous moments, I act like a little child, carried in its mother’s arms; when it sees something which menaces it, it clasps its mother’s neck more firmly and feels secure.

Continued tomorrow...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I often see snares laid for me by souls who should not do so. I do not defend myself, but entrust myself all the more to God, who sees within me. And I see how these souls become entangled in their own snares. O God, how just and good you are!

Write: I am Thrice Holy, and I detest the smallest sin. I cannot love a soul which is stained with sin; but when it repents, there is no limit to My generosity toward it. My mercy embraces and justifies it. With My mercy, I pursue sinners along all their paths, and My Heart rejoices when they return to Me. I forget the bitterness with which they fed My Heart and rejoice at their return.

Tell sinners that no one shall escape My Hand; if they run away from My Merciful Heart, they will fall into My Just hands. Tell sinners that I am always waiting for them, that I listen intently to the beating of their heart… when will it beat for Me? Write, that I am speaking through their remorse of conscience, through their failures and sufferings, through thunderstorms, through the voice of the Church. And if they bring all My graces to naught, I begin to be angry with them, leaving them alone and giving them what they want.

O my Jesus, You alone know of my efforts. I seem to be a bit better, but better only to the point that I can go out on the veranda instead of lying in bed. I see and am fully aware of what is happening to me. Despite the diligent care of my superiors and the efforts of the doctors, my health is fading and running out. But I rejoice greatly at Your call, my God, my Love, because I know that my mission will begin at the moment of my death. Oh, how much I desire to be set free from the bonds of this body. O my Jesus, You know that, in all my desires, I always want to see your will. Of myself, I would not want to die one minute sooner, or to live one minute longer, or to suffer less, or to suffer more, but I only want to do Your holy will. Although I have great enthusiasm, and the desires burning in my heart are immense, they are never above Your will.

I fly to Your mercy, Compassionate God, who alone are good. Although my misery is great, and my offenses are many, I trust in Your mercy, because You are the God of mercy; and, from time immemorial, it has never been heard of, not do heaven or earth remember, that a soul trusting in Your mercy has been disappointed.

O God of compassion, You alone can justify me, and You will never reject me when I, contrite, approach Your Merciful Heart, where no one has ever been refused, even if her were the greatest sinner.

Today I was awakened by a great storm. The wind was raging, and it was raining in torrents, thunderbolts striking again and again. I began to pray that the storm would do no harm, when I heard the words:
Say the chaplet I have taught you, and the storm will cease. I began immediately to say the chaplet and hadn’t even finished it when the storm suddenly ceased, and I heard the words: Through the chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask will be compatible with My will.

As I was praying for Poland, I heard the words: I bear a special love for Poland, and if she will be obedient to My will, I will exalt her in might and holiness. From her will come forth the spark that will prepare the world for My final coming.

Welcome, hidden Love, life of my soul! I welcome You, Jesus, under these insignificant forms of bread. Welcome, sweetest Mercy, who pour yourself out for souls. Welcome, Infinite Goodness, who pour out everywhere torrents of Your graces. Welcome, O veiled Brightness, the Light of souls. Welcome, O Fount of inexhaustible mercy, O purest Spring from which life and holiness gush forth for us. Welcome, Delight of pure souls. Welcome, only hope of sinful souls.

O my Jesus, You know that there are times when I have neither lofty thoughts nor a soaring spirit. I bear with myself patiently and admit that that is just what I am, because all that is beautiful is a grace from God. And so I humble myself profoundly and cry out for Your help; and the grace of visitation is not slow in coming to the humble heart.

Continued tomorrow...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.