Social Justice - how does the Church motivate you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The more I see Catholicism, the more I see it as faith truly in action. Most of what I've seen of the Church is people motivated by faith reaching out to help others. Maybe that's twisted my perspective of the Church, but it's a positive twist to me.

What does the Church motivate you to do for others? How were you called to this? How has God and how have others been blessed by this?

J

JasonV

In my faith, I have been motivated to reach out to the "church outcasts" of my community. There are so many people who no longer feel at home, or possibly even "safe," in their old congregations. I want to reach out to those individuals and let them know that they are not alone, and that there will always be someplace where they can find spiritual rest.

That may be in my congregation, it may be returning to their old congregation. Either way, if I can be of service to Him, then I have "filled my niche and accomplished my task".

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I feel God calls me to reach out to many who come to the One True Faith and steals her sacriments without holding to be in communion with Her. I feel education is key to this.

Teaching them that our church leaders love all who want to walk as Jesus asked it to walk. In trusting in the scripture, holy fathers, and traditions and the infallible teachings and leadership of the church.

That is what my Catholic faith pushes me toward.

How about you?

Upvote 0
J

JasonV

I feel God calls me to reach out to many who come to the One True Faith and steals her sacriments without holding to be in communion with Her. I feel education is key to this.

I realize this is just baiting, and I truly wish you wouldn't do that, but how is it possible to "steal" the sacraments?

Might I remind you of this passage:

"And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part." (St. Mark 9:38-40. KJV)

I do not oppose your faith, Stivvy. I count your Church and mine as part of the same. If you don't agree, that's ok too.

Reactions: Protinus
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟72,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Teaching them that our church leaders love all who want to walk as Jesus asked it to walk. In trusting in the scripture, holy fathers, and traditions and the infallible teachings and leadership of the church.

How about you?
Are you actually making this stuff up or is the a "witless retorts for uppity Catholics" website somewhere ?

I GOT HOLY SPIRIT YEAH A I DO

I GOT SPIRIT
How about you?
See ? That's a witty retort.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

How about you?

Wonderful! It is certainly both/and, not either/or. There are spiritual works of mercy and corporal works of mercy. :)

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟259,274.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

How about you?
I don't believe that you will find any of them here. How is it going for you? Any success in reaching anyone lately?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.