Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see simplicity in Christ and I find peace in it. I don't understand people's obsession with politics and denominations however. People think that they're doing God's will in these things but I don't agree. These are the things that divide us.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GaryAnderson

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I see simplicity in Christ and I find peace in it. I don't understand people's obsession with politics and denominations however. People think that they're doing God's will in these things but I don't agree. These are the things that divide us.
Should everyone think as you do, then?

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟932,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I see simplicity in Christ and I find peace in it. I don't understand people's obsession with politics and denominations however.
Politics is not a religion but some political activists seek to promote that which the Bible calls abomination and sin. Those who have read their Bibles choose not to support a kind of politics that - directly opposes the Bible, even makes the Bible hate speech etc.

Denominations are all about "what do you think the Bible says". They exist because the Christian church began to distance itself from knowing the details of the Bible - when it was one single denomination -- and introduced error into the church just as Paul predicted in Acts 20 , just as John reported in 3 John 1, just as Jude stated in Jude 1, just as John predicted in Rev 11,12,13...
People think that they're doing God's will in these things but I don't agree. These are the things that divide us.
Let's start with the Bible "alone".

Let's pick the one that has 66 books since it allows us to have the same OT that the Jews have.

Let's look at the Ten Commandments
Lets ask if people differ on "not making a graven image" in worship - the 2nd commandment. Turns out denominations differ.

Let's ask if we agree on what the Bible says about Sabbath in Ex 20:8-11 and see that different people take a different view

Just about any topic will get you "opinions may vary".

So stick with what the Bible says - even when it is not popular or not "tradition"

Stick with the idea that Christians are never to do violence to Christians just because beliefs are different. That weeds out a lot of groups as soon as you take some simple steps.

Let's take what the Bible says on "page 1" and page 2 -- about Life on Earth created in a literal 7 day week. Lets notice that this same literal statement is made in the form of legal code in the Ten Commandments in Ex 20:11 so no way to "fudge the word" to bend it to mean something other than what it says in that case.

Well that would get you a lot of people "differing". So you need to make a choice in those cases.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t understand what you mean.
No one should be like me i guess. They should instead be divided into political and religious factions. People talk about unity of faith but if someone suggests actually doing this they're hated.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No one should be like me i guess. They should instead be divided into political and religious factions. People talk about unity of faith but if someone suggests actually doing this they're hated.

Why should they be divided?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Because it's what they choose
I guess I don’t get your point. You say on one hand that politics and denominations are bad, but then advocate for them later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Paul used sarcasm. Forgive me.
So then I should assume the opposite of your respons, and conclude that everyone should be like you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No they weren’t. They each had issues.
They all had division. They all dealt with the same sins. Maybe they had some uniqueness between them but they were basically the same. Paul said that he taught the same in every church. See the end of 1 Corinthians chapter 4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
They all had division. They all dealt with the same sins. Maybe they had some uniqueness between them but they were basically the same. Paul said that he taught the same in every church. See the end of 1 Corinthians chapter 4.
What specifically are you referring to?

Upvote 0